3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST whats the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Craig
abc4yew,

I am not exactly sure what you mean here:
"I don't like downloaders as you are virtually ripping Cummins source code out and putting coles notes for diesels in and storing most of the stuff you took out. If you screw up the ECM you need to reflash or replace and if you have to reflash I'd think you'd kiss your warranty good bye."

But my knowledge of the Bully Dog programmers and others is they remove the stock program and store it in the programmer and then download a performance program. While problems exist in any product it's been many mothns of sales since I had anyone have any issues with returning a programmed truck back to the stock PCM's flash (original program). 99.999% of those that have ahd a problem are usually related to incorrect operation or turning on electrical functions of the truck when programming. The instruction manuals always direct you to NOT do that of course. And in 99% of these cases a refresh of the programmer function reloads the stock program if you do mess it up anyway.

Is this what you meant???

Mark @ DPPI

Psst! Have you heard Marco is about to release the "Smarty" This will upset the apple cart don't you think Mark? Check it out http://www.madselectronics.com/
Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Mav

Can someone post a video of there stack on the highest possible setting, punching the loud pedal to the floor from 0? I wanna see how bad you loose your tires
Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 PM

Tst

I would hold on for a few weeks and TST will have a new and more complete unit than you can imagine. You won't need a fueling box as they will offer that in their new unit. You can adj timing yourself off of the user control and you will have many more selections than you have today and power accesses. A little patience here will be rewarded.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:55 AM

Will the tst compete with the new Scarry Larry?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:11 AM

Scary Larry vs TST

Originally Posted by Luken
Will the tst compete with the new Scarry Larry?
Will TST compete? Keep in mind a few things. 1st of all,.... only the most committed of us or should I say those who should be committed,... are "truck mod capable" to even come close to running what the TST has today!!! Having said that and also consider the TST has always been UNDERSTATED for it's numbers as born out by dyno test after dyno test,... unlike others.

I haven't tried this new Scary Larry yet but my addiction demands I do so. I would be better to make a compare following that. If you have piece by piece built a bionic truck then probably a moderate usage of each, especially with the torq mgt option of the Scary Larry would perhaps be a very complete stack and most probably unrivaled by all others, .... at this time.

The TST options I referred to that will be available are just that,... options of adjustability rather than actual hp and tq upgrades, however when they put that fuel pressure option on their unit soon then that certainly would be a sweet bump to their units power.

I use myself here as an example and only that,... but I've got the dreaded popping problem and for me options which will provide the possibility to rid myself of this pain in the a.. is what I'm in search of rather than more power that I can't use because the truck doesn't like it. Think about it,... options that will let you tweak inch by inch until you get the MOST desirable usage of fuel and air for YOUR truck. These trucks are NOT the same. You can have two supposedly like trucks and one can run something and the other can't. You have to have this adjustability to DIAL IN for YOUR truck, or your just throwing your $$$ away. My $.02.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 AM

So TST is developing a new box that has the built in features of let's say an EZ or MP8 pressure box? So the need to stack to get the low end would be gone?

When? When? When?

Darn you, I was like 10 seconds away from picking up the phone and ordering my TST and MP8.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 AM

When,....?

When they are satisfied with their beta testing I would say. Soon.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:19 AM

Does it take tq man. off?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A little patience here will be rewarded.

oh yeah