3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST whats the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST whats the deal?

ok im about start doin major performance to my motor, i think im gonna go bullydog right now, but i like havin the most power...everybody talks TST this TST that tell me about it....different options for my truck, benefits, downfalls, how much smoke can it throw, any user feedback would be good, and o yea wha does "TSTwith twins" mean?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:07 PM

crap accidentally posted twice
Old 12-21-2005, 08:27 PM

Coalfired, We'd love to help you if we knew what truck you had and what it had on it already. Edit you Sig on User CP above. I have TST and it'll smoke depending on the setting. The big thing with TST is that it plays very well with pressure boxes because it doesn't add any while most others at least add a bit... People can also run the biggest stack of tst twins and crazy larry and make crazy power with a little help from some alternative injectables and lots and lots of cool air. Hearing an 05 with a sledpuller 66 a huge bhaf crazy larry and Tst twins 9x9 through a pair of mitre cut 6" stacks is a life altering experience . ks
Old 12-21-2005, 08:58 PM

sorry forgot bout that, and yes that is an enchanting sound as i am about to put on 6 inch mitres' still would love info too
Old 12-21-2005, 10:58 PM

Coal, If you get the BDog get the Crazy Larry version. You don't have to use it but ya got it. I don't like downloaders as you are virtually ripping Cummins source code out and putting coles notes for diesels in and storing most of the stuff you took out. If you screw up the ECM you need to reflash or replace and if you have to reflash I'd think you'd kiss your warranty good bye. If you have to replace you could be very poor. The TST is the foundation of the most powerful output. Yes the BDog is a potential part of that quest but I think the TST is probably the foundation for all top horsepower guys. They are a good company to deal with and they have adequate protection. There are well deserved fans for all the major boxes on this site. It depends what your goal is. You've got a nice high riding truck now I assume you are not looking at drag racing or sled pulling. Most people that try all the boxes end up with TST and something stacked. Not many people end up with Crazy Larry and a stack of a juice with attitude but I'm sure there are a few. I like that I can roll up to a light change my power or torque discretely and lose the ricer in the black fog. Its fun to play a little bit and it is our duty as dodge owners to whip dmaxes and pjokes at every chance. ks
Old 12-22-2005, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was told to get the TST PMCR and twins about a year and half ago if I wanted high hp for racing. I did it my way in this order so far.

Guages/Air Intake/Exhaust
Dr Performance Stage II, lasted about 3 weeks .
Juice/Attitude
Quad XZillaraider Race
Race Built TC and Trans
FASS/SPS66
Hot Juice/Attitude
Edge EZ
Bully Dog Triple with Crazy Larry
TST PMCR R49 with twins( )

I took a rather round about way to the TST, but that is where I am at now. I should have listened to start with. I have removed the BDDL programming and will probably not use it again. I also don't like downloaders. The BDDL Performance program was the best to stack with other boxes for me. I did have the HOT Juice and Crazy Larry together for a few days. Too much smoke, but good mid to upper range power, still needed help on low end.

So for me now it is the TST/EZ stack. I think that is all the computer based mods I need. Looking for money for modded CP3, Twins, Studs, injectors and NO2. Then I will go back and look at computer related enhancements again.

Just my .02.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:16 AM

Abc4yew and Ramwheelsby4 great posts. I find that the TST by itself is a great power enhancer and until I build up my platform with a fass, clutch, and a turbo. I have an 05 with of course the plastic ends on the i/c and with the TST wastegate mod, kept my i/c intact. I just ordered the banks i/c to add but if I would not want to go any further the TST on levels 5 and below would be fine. I believe th TST is the best product for the cummins even if you aren't into high hp.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 AM

bastards, now you got me thinkin. i would like to drag and eventually pull some sled's but for now just whippin up on dmx owners and ricers. but i still wanna know what kinds of different boxes tst makes, and what they each do. do they smoke bad, (smoke is fun though) and what all they offer good posts so far though!
Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Here's TST's website.

http://www.tstproducts.com/
Old 12-23-2005, 06:34 AM

Coal, turn it up an it will do a good smoke show. If I just press the go pedal on 7x7 I get about 3 seconds of black. If I tramp the go pedal I get white smoke....off the tires and black smoke for about 4 seconds. If I put it on 8 x 7 then press I get about 6 seconds of black , If I tramp on 8 x 7 then I get white and black for about 4 seconds and then I defuel for being too hot . ks
Old 12-23-2005, 06:44 AM

The one thing that I notice about the TST versus the Bullydog is power on the low end. When I switched to the TST from the Bullydog, it seemed to lose some low end. Once it comes to life, though, you better be prepared. Having the ability to adjust power kicks a bunch of butt, however.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LinearX
The one thing that I notice about the TST versus the Bullydog is power on the low end. When I switched to the TST from the Bullydog, it seemed to lose some low end. Once it comes to life, though, you better be prepared. Having the ability to adjust power kicks a bunch of butt, however.
Stack an EZ or MP-8 to get that low end back .
Old 12-23-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
I haven't quite decided that a turbo or twins are in my future, so I'll stick with what I've got.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Banned

abc4yew,

I am not exactly sure what you mean here:
"I don't like downloaders as you are virtually ripping Cummins source code out and putting coles notes for diesels in and storing most of the stuff you took out. If you screw up the ECM you need to reflash or replace and if you have to reflash I'd think you'd kiss your warranty good bye."

But my knowledge of the Bully Dog programmers and others is they remove the stock program and store it in the programmer and then download a performance program. While problems exist in any product it's been many mothns of sales since I had anyone have any issues with returning a programmed truck back to the stock PCM's flash (original program). 99.999% of those that have ahd a problem are usually related to incorrect operation or turning on electrical functions of the truck when programming. The instruction manuals always direct you to NOT do that of course. And in 99% of these cases a refresh of the programmer function reloads the stock program if you do mess it up anyway.

Is this what you meant???

Mark @ DPPI
Old 12-24-2005, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
Exactly

Quick Reply: TST whats the deal?