3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST Twins Installed....Got Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST Installed

Old 01-06-2006, 10:23 AM

The first screen is where I adjust fueling at 2900rpm.

The second screen is where I activate the cool-down timer. No adjustments there.

The third screen is where I adjust fueling at 1600rpm.

The TE setting will not have any effect unless your power setting is 2 or more.

I'm not sure what you're trying to describe.

Send me a pm with your email and I'll send you a PDF of the instructions.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:50 PM

big, If you have an all metal intercooler you are ok usually to 48 psi but most people go above that, for a while. The head gasket is usually good for 48 psi but it could be less if it is not quite planed flat. Studs should be installed for any significant amount of time over 48 psi. Hose connections should be checked frequently above 40psi. Stock pistons are good for 1750 for very short bursts from what I've read or short periods of 1450, or 1375 over longer periods. My TST is set to 1450 but I don't let it stay there long. If you are running this hot alot you should have gotten the 66. ks
Old 01-06-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ran the last time at the track with FASS, II SPS66, TST w/Twins on 7/6, EZ on Level 3 and BDDL Performance program loaded. EGTs stayed around 1550* until OD shift with TC Locked up, then they climbed to a little over 1700* before I hit the end of the 1/4 mile. This was with SPS66 wastegate at 55psi. Boost bounced around 55psi most of the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:17 PM

Big, I wouldn't worry either, I'm sure Ram will help you out when you are getting new pistons and rebuilding the engine. Yep, it will survive it but you are taking years and 1000's of miles of durability out of the engine. If you plan on trading quickly and giving the problems to someone else, ok. The big sledpullers are dumping gallons of water into their engines to keep the temps below what ram is running. And they tear down their engines regularly and have custom pistons, valves, v springs, etc. I want to hear someone say my guide to temperatures is not good sensible advice. What one person is willing to endure is not necessarily what another should advise them to do. Find a good performance shop and ask them what they think as they will be scrapping the aluminum bits out of your cylinders if you ignore their advice.
A local rich contractor had a dmax and added a 150hp box and thought he'd show us all what a big dog he was. No gauges or brains, now no pistons. He's buying a brand new engine as the repair bill and parts with no guarantee at the local Chevy ******* was going to be almost as much as a crate. Oh yeah, he buys all his vehicles at that dealer and no they didn't honor his warranty. You play you pay. No offence intended Ram, but I'm more cautious with others trucks than I am with mine. ks
Old 01-07-2006, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abc4yew
Big, I wouldn't worry either, I'm sure Ram will help you out when you are getting new pistons and rebuilding the engine. Yep, it will survive it but you are taking years and 1000's of miles of durability out of the engine. If you plan on trading quickly and giving the problems to someone else, ok. The big sledpullers are dumping gallons of water into their engines to keep the temps below what ram is running. And they tear down their engines regularly and have custom pistons, valves, v springs, etc. I want to hear someone say my guide to temperatures is not good sensible advice. What one person is willing to endure is not necessarily what another should advise them to do. Find a good performance shop and ask them what they think as they will be scrapping the aluminum bits out of your cylinders if you ignore their advice.
A local rich contractor had a dmax and added a 150hp box and thought he'd show us all what a big dog he was. No gauges or brains, now no pistons. He's buying a brand new engine as the repair bill and parts with no guarantee at the local Chevy ******* was going to be almost as much as a crate. Oh yeah, he buys all his vehicles at that dealer and no they didn't honor his warranty. You play you pay. No offence intended Ram, but I'm more cautious with others trucks than I am with mine. ks
I agree completely. I will not run again until I have enough cooling to keep the EGTs under control. Whatever it takes, twins, water/meth, NO2 whatever. Just saying that a few seconds over 1500* is probably not going to do major damage. Extended periods over that surely will.

BTW I did not say I had any sense , this latest midlife crisis has kinda put me back in the teenage mode , really blind to reality.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:29 AM

Ram, I'm there with ya buddy, Can't wait till you get cooled. You're three steps ahead of me in the journey ... sort of like hot rod diesel radar for what I want to do...just don't melt down and get sidetracked. ks
Old 01-09-2006, 09:23 AM

Big, What limiter? ks with RAD