3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST Twins, Bully Dog CRAZY LARRY, ATS Co-Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TST Twins, Bully Dog CRAZY LARRY, ATS Co-Pilot

What is the twins program and how much difference will it make over the standard program? Why is the CRAZY LARRY not available for '03-'04's? And will the ATS Co-Pilot work on a truck with a stock transmission? I have seen nothing stating that you have to have anything done to your transmission to run it but then again, I haven't read that it can be done either. I know the lockup switches on the older trucks make a good deal of difference so why not use a controller to do the same on the newer ones?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:01 AM

hello?

can anybody help??
Old 06-26-2006, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The twins program puts the fuel ramp at an earlier boost level to get twins and big singles spooling faster. I have it now but I got it to enable my soon to be super single and twins perform. With the boost protect feature on the R49 you can run it on the stock turbo...but it spools almost too fast before defueling. Your stock tranny will last about 5 minutes with power and the co-pilot. The stock valve body does not have good enough flow/pressure to "effectively" lock up the torque converter. The Stock torque converter is not strong enough to handle locked up "power" shifts. If you go ATS, Get TC, then VB, then flex plate, then co-pilot. If you get a "good" single disc TC you might not need the flexplate as they tend not to lock so harshly as the triples. If your thinking exhaust brake get the flex plate and a triple disc. ks
Old 06-26-2006, 11:57 AM

what about the bully dog?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:07 AM

Can anybody shed some light on the Bully Dog & why there's no Crazy Larry program for it? What is the difference between Crazy Larry and Scary Larry?or is there?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:10 AM

Apparently the 03,04 do not have enough memory in the ECM to accept the Crazy Larry program or they just didn't think the truck merited it but there is no crazy program for it and there is no PPE HOT for it either. Both of these programs are able to raise the rev limit a bit also. The Diablo has the best low end power for the 03 or 04 and actually delivers the power and torque it promises. I don't know if the new program for Bully Dog has any improvements for the 03 04. The Scary Larry program has the ability to completely eliminate all torque management. This program is only for race prepped, full billet trannies, or idiots wanting a new tranny. ks
Old 06-27-2006, 11:56 AM

Its all in the computer and the way that it "Talks" to the truck. They could get you a crazy larry for those years but i would not put much time into it. The new features that are offered in the new update for the Triple Dog Downloader has a low end power option that you can turn on and off with the downloader. Plus if you havent made some big mods to your trany dont go using the crazy larry and if you do its not so much of asking will but more of when your trany is going to break.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:03 PM

if im thinking of getting a TST box...i can run up to 4/4 conservativly without hurting the tranny much correct. I am very easy on my truck and i wont beat the hell out of it. Atleast thats what ive thought i have heard...b/c i was planning on building the truck up, but i am thinking of getting another corvette and i wouldnt be putting as much into the truck, atleast right away. So, that said would it be better to go with a diff box since im not planing to grow into it as fast, or would it still be ok at a conservative level...thanks, Jason
Old 06-28-2006, 08:25 AM

Thanks.

Thanks for the info guys. Now I am looking at a 2004 325 h.p. truck. Do all 325 h.p. trucks have the weak intercoolers? I beat on this one with my hand and it felt/looked to be metal on the ends to me but I don't know for sure. Also, is there anybody pulling trucks with the electric transfer cases? This one has it. Are the transfer cases different between electrically controlled and manual or just the actuation itself? Do they all have the same level transfer cases? I know in the paast some were standard and some were heavy duty in the 2nd gens. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 AM

No not al have crap intercoolers. Just 05+ my 04.5's is metal.