3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST throwing a code

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the TST installed on my 04.5 for 2 months now, absolutely no problems yet. Just a total thrill to drive and tow with now
Old 03-15-2005, 08:03 AM

I called TST and what they said was that code is an ECM out of synch or confused code. They are not sure why this is and it is very hard to duplicate. The conditions that is occurs under are never the same. When they do have it fixed they did say I could send my box in for a free flash upgrade. Mine happened while accelerating onto the highway with my foot down. Just wondering if that had something to do with the code?

Don't get me wrong, I love the box, power and fuel economy. Just trying to get to the bottom of why it had a code. I was thinking that I had installed something wrong. I would recommend it to anyone. My EGTs have stayed very low to my suprise and it is great to see more of what is happening with the engine.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that is what I have gotten in the past as well, so it doesn’t look like they have made any new discoveries lately. Just call me too picky I guess, but I sold my TST for that very reason. Your right, the box kicked mucho ****, but I got tired of the missing and codes even though they didn’t affect drivability. That was just not something I wanted to see every day. I wish I was within driving distance to them as I can duplicate it, consistently and constantly, for as long as you want. As long as I can hold a certain driving condition, I can send the TST into a constant missing fit.…no problem. It is exciting to see other companies finally releasing their modules, just sad none of them are going to be very competitive with the TST by themselves. The HOT Juice may be close, but not for most if they insist on you buying their monitor to get all the levels.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:45 PM

TST cannot find a truck that will do it consistently enough to map the problem
otherwise it would be fixed in short order

mine was doing it consistently enough until the weather changed

I was gonna drive out to them , ........ now it only hiccups about every two weeks and not neccessarily predictable

if anyone can get theres to do it repeadedly and predictably , please go see them

it would help us all

1100 rpm with very little engine load seems to be the sweet spot

I have tried other modules and ALWAYS come back to the TST
I dont race
I tow and just drive
the TST had the best driveability
Old 03-16-2005, 02:29 PM

Mine did it once or twice when new...never since.

The one thing that helped was to NOT set your high idle or drive too soon at 1200 rpms when the motor is really cold. You should let your truck warm up for a minute or two anyways. I have not had any issues since in 15k or so. Got to love the box. It is THE BOX.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:17 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, the TST is "THE BOX" I saw the writting on the wall when we began dyno testing it when it first came out.

Don~
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by qzilla
Heck we thought about it, but dang I thought TST or Edge would have had it by now. We have some cool stuff coming this summer and then we might tackle a duration only fire breathing module!

I really thought we would have been too late or we might have already done it. I just felt bad that no one had anything cool for the 03-04 trucks and no one really catered to the towing/performance guys very much. It seems the DL's and TST's are more for the racing crowd.

I guess we will see what summer bring.
If you decide to bring a 200 hp timing/duration box to market put me down as a beta tester. Since the reflash my once code free TST is now a code throwing monster. I spent 4 hour at TST trying different things and for some reason my truck has become TST intolerant. We even went out in the parking lot and tried it on another truck and it worked fine. Something on my truck has changed but I can't figure it out. Looks like I'm stuck stepping back to the VA and taking up the slack with injectors until something better comes along.

Richard
Old 03-20-2005, 08:00 PM

when this code sets, and anybody thought of grabbing the freeze frame data??? Since this code is a emissinons relate code, it should have stored a freeze frame. for whatever it's worth, the Banks six gun I have on my truck has flagged the p0336 one time. happened at a stop sign.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:11 PM

We had it plugged into a scanner at TST. Mine throws the cam code the second you turn on the key. All it says is cam sensor not found on power up. Like I said, on the other truck it worked flawlessly. We tried 3 different boxes on my truck so it definately my truck and not the particular box I have. Bummer since it's a great running box.

Richard
Old 03-20-2005, 08:55 PM

We tried 3 different boxes on my truck so it definately my truck and not the particular box I have.
Probably a dumb question - but did you try a new wiring harness?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:02 PM

At one point everything on the truck was new. Strange part is that I ran this box for 6 months with the new program COMPLETELY code free. Sent it in for the twins flash and bingo, codes. Only set's them if I start the truck on a power level above 1. On 1 it never sets a code. Even tried going back to the new flash but some changes have been made since then to try to eliminate some of the codes. Worked for most trucks but appears to have caused them on mine. Too bad since there no way to go back to a previous version for me now.

Richard
Old 03-21-2005, 09:01 AM

Trade with somebody...
Old 03-21-2005, 06:04 PM

I'm going to be checking that avenue also when I get home from Keldermans shop.