3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST and Smarty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST and Smarty?

Right know I am running a old stlye TST. No adjustable Timing or anything. It is not the first or twins program. Just the regular program. I am thinking of getting a Smarty. How does the pull from 60 to 100 compare to the TST. I don't plan on upgrading anything else on my truck for a while. TC and VB will be next, but not soon. So I don't think I should stack them. What do yall think? I am interested in the Smarty because of all the adjustablity it has. Tires, all pragrams, etc. , and I am sure soon to be top speed eliminater. So what do yall think. Keep the TST and be happy(have been for 2 years), Sell TST and get a Smarty, or stack the 2(remember the TST has no timing adjust). Any opinions well be appreciated. Thanks, Brad
Old 12-21-2006, 07:30 PM

can you update your TST with the auto timming? if so I would do it and get the smarty for the stack, another thing I have been seeing that they got the timming thing figured out so you can run it on even numbers W/O timming and wont have problems. you will love the stack
Old 12-21-2006, 08:12 PM

Not to burst your bubble

But you shouldn't be running either of those (TST/SMARTY) without an upgraded tranny. You can't enjoy either because you can't turn them up and if you do you'll be buying a tranny anyways only it will cost you more because you screwed up some things and had to replace them that you wouldn't have if you had just bought an upgraded tranny to begin with.

If you run either of those you better have the best willpower known to man or it will cost you.

Better to know now than latter.