3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST Remote, Set it & Forget it or Do you find your self adjusting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST Remote, Set it & Forget it or Do you find your self adjusting?

My TST came in today and I am in the process of finding where to mount the remote, to my liking of course.

Do you find yourself adjusting the TST often or setting it and forgetting it? I know to begin with I will be adjusting it often but once you find the sweet spot is it left alone? I know of one spot that I think it would work well but it is not in direct line of site.

Anyone else shocked to open the box to such a small remote?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:28 PM

That's nothing! The Quadzilla module is barely larger than the remote for the TST!!! (Works great though!! )
I mounted my remote right in front of the dash guages sitting on the column. I can see it perfectly and it's easy to get to. Mine has the guages though so I need to be able to see it...
I put mine on yesterday and I've been messing with the settings ever since although I was given the normal setting to drive around on. I guess your "Normal" setting will depend on your other mods. I was told 5/4 would be the perfect setting for my setup. Any higher and I will suck the fuel rail dry once the EZ is installed...
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 PM

after moving it around trying to find somewhere where I could see it when sun was shining in and around other obstacles, I found a great home for the controller. Took a little work but I pulled the ashetray out and removed the tray it self. Now that is where the controller is and if you don't want anyone to see it like "Dealer" you lay something over it and close the ashtray door.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have settled on my daily driving settings and have not changed it in over a month(TST 3/5 & EZ on Level 1). I wanted it where I could see and reach it easily while driving. I do need to push the center button to activate the Turbo Cool Down timer when I stop. I have too many mods to worry about the dealer warranty, I am the warranty for most things now.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:41 PM

Do you find yourself adjusting the TST often or setting it and forgetting it?
I'm a bit of a control freak, so I find myself adjusting it all the time. I drop it to stock (Power Level 0) for start-up and warm-up on cold mornings (don't need any advanced timing, the engine's rattling enough on it's own), then I bump it to PL1 (timing advance only, best fuel economy) when the temp starts coming up. I'll bring it up to PL5 (torque level is always set on '7') for fun driving... up to PL7 when I want to get serious, and PL9 to communicate my displeasure with the moron tailgater behind me (combined with a little two-foot brake/smoke-pedal action to activate the soot generator).

In short - the TST gives you the ability to re-configure your powerplant on the fly... take advantage of it
Old 03-07-2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tom488
I'm a bit of a control freak, so I find myself adjusting it all the time. I drop it to stock (Power Level 0) for start-up and warm-up on cold mornings (don't need any advanced timing, the engine's rattling enough on it's own), then I bump it to PL1 (timing advance only, best fuel economy) when the temp starts coming up. I'll bring it up to PL5 (torque level is always set on '7') for fun driving... up to PL7 when I want to get serious, and PL9 to communicate my displeasure with the moron tailgater behind me (combined with a little two-foot brake/smoke-pedal action to activate the soot generator).

In short - the TST gives you the ability to re-configure your powerplant on the fly... take advantage of it
I tend to mess with it based upon my mood.
So yes, I like to change levels almost everyday
Old 03-07-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
That's nothing! The Quadzilla module is barely larger than the remote for the TST!!! (Works great though!! )
I mounted my remote right in front of the dash guages sitting on the column. I can see it perfectly and it's easy to get to. Mine has the guages though so I need to be able to see it...
I put mine on yesterday and I've been messing with the settings ever since although I was given the normal setting to drive around on. I guess your "Normal" setting will depend on your other mods. I was told 5/4 would be the perfect setting for my setup. Any higher and I will suck the fuel rail dry once the EZ is installed...
How will it suck the rail dry with the EZ.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:37 PM

Not enough fuel flow. If you go too high you'll have to put in a after market pump to supply more fuel. The OEM pump is only good enough if the motor is stock, start bombing and you need more fuel.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:34 PM

I am on 0/3 99% of the time. 3/3 to pass, 4/4 to really pass, 5/5 to wonder what is going to break. I need to send it back it has some problems missing at 1200 rpm and rattles like the dickens. That's why I only run it very rarely, it does not sound good and yes I know timing advance makes it rattle more. Since new mine engine is 3 times as loud. I drove an 05 with xzt tow and was like a kitten purring. Although mine stock will smoke a 05 with tow. My mileage is excellent so I don't worry about the noise.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 PM

Supercharger what is a G1 turbo that you have listed in your sig.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:35 PM

I set mine on 2x5 with EZ on lvl 2 for "normal" driving, then bump the hp setting up to 7 if I want to play
Old 03-08-2006, 03:01 AM

Well it looks as if it does get adjusted often. I guess I will place mine plain site. I was hoping to kind of hide it, just cuz. I will be mounting mine in the lower right of the insturment cluster just below the fuel gauge.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:47 AM

I read in the instructions the torque only comes in if the power level is on 2 or higher?? Is this true?? I do plan on running around on 1 most of the time for the timing only to see if it will help my milage any. I figure towing I'll run on 2/3, 3/3, and if I need to pass run 2/2 most others. I have an aftermarket exhaust and intake, going to get turbo next year and tranny also so then I can go higher and play safe. What are most of you guys running around on with the Auto?? I don't want to tow to high with EGT's since I'm on the stock turbo, but running 2/2 every day and 2/3, 3/3 towing will I be ok?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:27 PM

in my truck with the TST/ VA C3.1 stacked and the I run the TST on 5/5 with the VA on 100% all the time and use the pedal to control the power. I have the mods to be safe @ that level. Anything above 5/5 my power falls off.
On 5/5 It dynoed @ 457Hp./1002Tq.
On 7/7 it was 430Hp./ 900Tq.
On 9/9 it ran 399Hp. and I can't remember the Tq. #'s
Old 03-08-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run mine on 5/5 all the time.

Maybe hit it up to 6/5 here and there.

Quick Reply: TST Remote, Set it & Forget it or Do you find your self adjusting?