3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST R49AP cam today, have a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TST R49AP came today, have a few questions...

OK, got my TST today. I have my BDPP on Extreme. Should I download the BDPP back to stock BEFORE I do that TST install and load it back up after I get the TST hooked up, or not bother and just leave the Extreme BDPP program in??
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does not matter. Leave the program in. Just be careful with the TST settings when you get it on the road.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCLeary
Does not matter. Leave the program in. Just be careful with the TST settings when you get it on the road.
ditto

are you crazy trying it in this weather????
Old 01-15-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
ditto

are you crazy trying it in this weather????
HaHaHa....a little wet are you guys?
Old 01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Chapter President

Uhhh more like getting iced over. I second the, WTH in this weather.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:09 PM

No kidding tha wife just had to buy a recon. generator for 850 bucks just to keep from freezing to death. Tha fish will probably die too. Could be 2 weeks without power. Im glad I work on the road right now. Im turning down the heater in my room right now
Old 01-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CowboyDave
Uhhh more like getting iced over. I second the, WTH in this weather.
Originally Posted by tristan21
No kidding tha wife just had to buy a recon. generator for 850 bucks just to keep from freezing to death. Tha fish will probably die too. Could be 2 weeks without power. Im glad I work on the road right now. Im turning down the heater in my room right now
yea its 30 degrees here with rain falling.....

not supposed to get above freezing til wednesday....and for us texans this is like a once in a lifetime thing

but i'm not gonna lie, my AC is still on in my apartment the people around me have their heaters cranked up so much it warms my place too
Old 01-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UH, this thing makes CRAZY STUPID power. I can see a turbo or injectors or the like making this kind of power, but this box???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? I can not go over 2/3 (my BDPP is still on the 130 setting) with out killing the clutch. On 1/2 and 2/2 the clutch will hold, and blows the tires off going into 3rd. All I have done is put the boost at 39PSI, put the Rail Pressure on Level 1, took some timing out (the auto default is 12 degrees) and I put the timing at 9. I just got back from the grocery store, and tried 3/4 and it kills the clutch. Tomorrow, I am going to put BDPP on the Tow (50HP) setting, and play with the TST some more. Oh my goodness, this thing is unreal. I should have ponied up the extra $$$$$$ inthe first place.

Anyone need a vote or have an idea on what they need to spend there money on, the TST get's my vote. This thing is the coolest thing since I do not know what, but it's freaking cool
Old 01-15-2007, 08:47 PM

If you got the newest R49 with cool down timer adjustable rail pressure different programs etc., than take the downloader out! This new one has so much adjustability, that with a downloader in from the get go you'll have a hard time figuring out whats causing your miss, is it to much rail pressure or timing, or HP to high or TE to high. I put 2 of these on today with a the bells in the R49, it is awesome, takes some time to get everything smooth but well worth it IMO.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rowlrag
If you got the newest R49 with cool down timer adjustable rail pressure different programs etc., than take the downloader out! This new one has so much adjustability, that with a downloader in from the get go you'll have a hard time figuring out whats causing your miss, is it to much rail pressure or timing, or HP to high or TE to high. I put 2 of these on today with a the bells in the R49, it is awesome, takes some time to get everything smooth but well worth it IMO.

That was what I was thinking as well. That was why I was going to back down the BDPP to "Tow" mode, and give her a go from there. And yes, I got the new R49AP with all of the bells and whistles, this thing ROCKS. I can not say enough about it, and I KNOW that I am not anywhere near getting it tuned in. Boy oh boy, just when I thought Christmas had already come....HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEH
Old 01-16-2007, 06:28 AM
wap

Stock clutch?

Mine wont even hold 4/2 anymore. COME ON SOUTH BEND
Old 01-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wap
Stock clutch?

Mine wont even hold 4/2 anymore. COME ON SOUTH BEND

Not sure if it is. I bought the truck with right at 90K on it. I knew it had been modded (the fuel line's had been cut onthe frame rail, and rubber line's were there) and also, on a morning with alot of "dew" I can see a trace of a "Performance Diesel" sticker in the back window. So, when I got my BDPP, people told me the stock clutch would not hold up on Performance or Extreme while hauling my 44' Enclosed. Well, I hauled it on both settings (of course watching EGT's) and the clutch held just fine.

Now, my BDPP was on the 130 setting last night, and running TST on anyhting over 1/2 or 2/2 would slip the clutch.

Today, I downloaded BDPP back to stock, and have been playing with TST, and got her to 5/7, and is just slipping there. I have also added some timing, now at 15 degree's, Rail Pressure is on Level 1, boost set limit is still at 39PSI. Right now on 5/7 will spike at 38-39, then level off @ 35-36PSI.

So, maybe clutch is a weak aftermarket, or ????
Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 AM
wap

Every truck is differant but I would recomend runing the HP level a notch or two above the tq level, seems to work better on most trucks.

I would think you clutch is prolly aftermarket but you may need an FE or DD to stand up to the BD and TST.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by wap
I would think you clutch is prolly aftermarket but you may need an FE or DD to stand up to the BD and TST.
I have to agree, FE or DD, I'm running a OFE and it won't hold above 4/4 with no load. Almost sounds like he has the OFE like me.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Try 7/2 with auto timing on 15* rail pressure on 2 on the standard program!

Quick Reply: TST R49AP cam today, have a few questions...