3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

tst problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry tst problems

I just got my tst in today for my 06. its and early 06. I hooked everything up just like the directions say to, then double checked and triple checked everything. I ran the truck for about 15 miles and made a couple of stops and cut it off and everything was good. then all of a sudden I left it off for about 30 min. and went to leave and the truck idles fine but anything over that is horrible. it sounds like it is missing and when you hit the throttle and let off it still keeps giving throttle for a second or two then stops. So I put the little harness plug in to see if this would help and it runs fine so I know the harnesses are hooked up right. If you plug the harness back into the tst it runs like crap again. any ideas for me to try. I also tried to call tst and left messages and no answer or call back. The level on tst is hp0 and te 0. sorry this is soooo long. just mad that it isnt working out and it was 800 bucks
Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a module problem and I think the only thing to do it get a hold of TST and let them fix yours or send you a new one. I know thats probably not the advice you were lookin for but I think that is the only choice you have.

If you have a friend with a similar build date maybe you could borrow his module and see if that fixes it.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:44 PM

call them and see what they say
Old 11-19-2007, 07:55 PM

I appreciate it guys I just dont know what else to try. And I tried to get in touch with them but they havent returned my call or email yet. I bet if I called the sales line they would answer. well I guess we will see as soon as I get in touch with them. thanks again for the reply.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plug it back in and go through all the menus and make sure the settings did not change. I know you check everything, but check the fuse taps again. Make sure they are on the correct side of the fuse and reseat them. If all the settings are the way you set them then afraid it is a call to TST.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:58 PM

mine did this to me as well it seems that sometime it goes back into set timing instead of auto and if you try to give it fuel it stalls out. i have also had where if i just hook it up sometime it will run really ruff take it all off hook it back up and it still runs ruff. take it off run it stock for a couple hours and hook it back up runs great with no problems. i find it to be real finicky
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 PM

yah I have been reading that they are finiky like that, I know if it cant be fixed, or if it is fixed and it keeps giving me trouble then I am going to send it back and get something else.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:56 AM

I had problems with mine also. Im not ******* TST they are very nice people but they are gonna have to step it up on these boxes. they were working on getting one out for the 6.7 last I knew of. they need to get these late 06 5.9s lined out also. I had not starting issues with mine and other problems. I cant have the truck not starting all the time so I took it off
Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 AM

The r-49s have a glitch in them that changes the settings by itself. Make sure the timing is on auto and not set. Check the degrees advance also. Check the rail settings also.

On my old r-49, if i had the timing set past 12, it would shut the truck off every once in a while when i hit the rev limiter. It would then turn back on when you would be coasting back to a stop. When it turned back on, the injection timing would be way off. It would smoke at idle, miss, and if you gave it throttle it would rattle like mad. Shut it off and it would line the timing back up. They couldn't figure it out. I went back to the r-37 and it ran harder. TST will tell you the programming is the same between the two, just that the r-49 is a different remote..... yeah.....sure....