3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST PowerMaxCR R49 Installed Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up TST PowerMaxCR R49 Installed Today

Just got through installing the new TST PowerMaxCR R49(Twins Program, Cool Down Timer & Boost Control) and taking a test/play drive . Unfortunately Houston on Saturday afternoon is not good for testing performance mods.

It took me about an hour to remove the HOT Juice/Attitude & EZ. Everything ran through wire wrap, tied nicely and merged with the gauge stuff going in through the firewall. Took almost as long to remove as it did to make it look so pretty.

Well the cam shaft sensor is a MF . Took twenty minutes of staring and figuring out how to get short arms and big hands up there. Then my adjustable light broke . Then after a number of attempts and every cuss word I know I got the d@m thing loose. OK now we're almost done. Plugged the factory connector into the TST connector, plugged the TST connector into the cramshaft connector, locked it and was happy. Then went to plug the crankshaft sensor in and realized I had plugged the TST crankshaft connector into the engine camshaft connector . Wasn't much easier to get off the second time . Finally done .

On to the first SOTP results. I started 6/4 setting. I now can confirm the II SPS66 wastegate is set at 50psi. Nailed 50psi on the first 3/4 throttle . The 6/4 feels pretty close to the HOT Juice 4/4(100hp) & EZ level 1 setting although it probably does fuel more and a little quicker. Spool up to about 12psi is still a little sluggish. I guess I will have to stack the EZ back pretty soon. 6/5 sometimes pushed the EGTs to the 1350 backdown setting just before shift to 3rd gear, but most of the sustained WOTs saw 50psi boost and 1200-1300* EGTs. I will have to play a lot with different combos in the next few weeks. I will play with the EZ stack before I get brave and install the Bully Dog Triple Dog programs. I do have the latest Crazy Larry upgrade.

The Cool Down timer works fine. I do have a question about using it with my FASS. When you select the Cool Down timer and shut the key off the engines runs but the FASS is off. Don't know if it will matter in an idle cool down mode to have the injection pump pulling its own fuel through the FASS for 2-3 minutes or not.

I have not thrown any codes so far and that is a good thing. Did not seem to have any surging for the 45 minutes of playing and driving and that is a good thing also. So far I am happy with the R49, time and the drag strip will tell if it gets me closer to the 12s without drugs.

BTW I just turned off the Boost Control feature per Mark at TST. I did not do the wastegate mod that comes with the TST for 600s. II SPS66 manual wastegate seems to do it job fine. Went to 50psi and never over. Display on the TST remote only goes to 40psi as stated in the instructions.

I will post when I get more open road and time to play some more.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep up with the updates

Thanks