3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

tst overfueling issues??????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tst overfueling issues??????????

i put in the latest version of the tst and now have bigtime smoke and high egts, hit 1550 on 4/4, this new program feels like the old version when cruising them mash the throttle the truck falls on its face for a few seconds and boost hits 40+ lbs and egts are rediculous, called mark from tst today said this program was fine and it was something in my truck, I reassured him that it wasent cause i also installed it in my buddies truck also and same scenario, so does any one else have these issues as i do?? I will call tst again and quiz mark again on this because i had a tst agout 6 months ago and it worked awesome so what ever this new program is it sucks ..........
Old 04-22-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had this happen when my fuel filter was starting to plug. At first I thought it was the TST because it would only do it when I was at power levels 2 or 3 (I don't go above 3). When I would turn it down to 1 (timing only) or 0 it would be fine. Then about a week later my truck was stumbling, high EGT's, high boost, on the 0 and 1 levels. Changed the fuel filter and it was fine.

I think what happens is that the fuel filter becomes too constrictive and the common rail pump starts cavitating trying to pull fluid through a highly restrictive fuel filter to maintain pressure in the large rail. This poorly pressurized fuel in the rail causes poor fuel atomization in the cyclinder and the fuel doesn't burn as well, and is still burning as it exits the cylinder (hence high EGT's and high boost #'s). Just a guess on my part.

I know you tried it on your friends truck, but it's possible he's got a partially plugged fuel filter as well.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:13 PM

I've got the twins program and anything over lvl5 will result in the same thing. I've got a carter pump to install and am hoping this will cure the problem. Seems if a clogged filter will cause it, then a lack of fuel would do the same. Right?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 PM

filters are all new, have pusherpump as well, could it possibly be the wrong program like the twins program, this is what tst poss thinks it could be the twins program installed by accident.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Banned

I've had the exact same issue with a TST box that I tried, the box is dumping mad amounts of fuel but the truck don't go no where. Boost spikes real quick and EGTs are above 1250 before I can blink.