3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Is TST a good place to start

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
The TST PowerMaxCR has 10 settings(0-9) for both HP and Torque. So the first number is generally the HP setting and the second number is the Torque setting.

So 100 different TST setting combinations, throw in a stack with 0-100% adjustability, add the TST with adjustable timing option and tuning becomes complicated.
so whats the highest you can go for both settings on a stock tranny and turbo?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:50 PM

So If I go with a TST,I have to limit myself to about 4/4?I have the 48re,with 3:73's,but I allready have a 5" turbo back exhaust sys.,& swiss cheese intake.If I am Able to limit my go button ,can I reasonably be able to keep my trans together for a few years?Also,I read one of you guys had fuel pressure issues? If I stay @ about 4/4,will I need to get the FASS?Or can I wait?Love to know!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
what do you think your 1/4 mile is with level 5 and with only the intake exhaust and clutch?
The best I did down the 1/4 was 16.55@86mph.
If you can Keep your foot out of it you can go a little higher, the numbers I posted are from TST recommendations. you should be fine on 4/4, the intake and exhaust don't really give you any more power, it just lets you use more of what you have for longer. TST also does not recommend going over 5/5 w/o a FASS or some other pump, even though I did occasionally. Before the pusher I am running the higher the level the quicker the fuel pressure drops. Some have issues with running out of fuel @WOT and the truck falling on its face but mine never really did.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:56 PM

Believe me, the TST stacked with the bullydog downloader is awesome. Just make sure to leave the TST on 3/3 or lower if stacked with the bullydog downloader at the 90 hp setting.

I do drive my truck like I stole it. With the tst and 4/4 and the bullydog downloader on the 90hp setting I ripped out the center section of my flex plate.

I had to replace the flexplate with the ats flexplate (looks like a flywheel) and ats torque converter. I have no problem with the 4/4 and 90 hp setting now.

If I were to buy again and had to start all over I would do the TST first. The r49 version comes with egt digital gauge. Boost gauge. Cooldown timer,manual timing control- just came available, and individual torque and power settings, defuel setting for safety, and max boost control for safety.

TST in my book is the way to go.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by DR3500
The best I did down the 1/4 was 16.55@86mph.
If you can Keep your foot out of it you can go a little higher, the numbers I posted are from TST recommendations. you should be fine on 4/4, the intake and exhaust don't really give you any more power, it just lets you use more of what you have for longer. TST also does not recommend going over 5/5 w/o a FASS or some other pump, even though I did occasionally. Before the pusher I am running the higher the level the quicker the fuel pressure drops. Some have issues with running out of fuel @WOT and the truck falling on its face but mine never really did.
huh???? I did that bone stock, even better, like a 16.3
Old 05-11-2006, 07:36 AM

Like these guys said: stacks well with the BDDL and gives complete tuning capability. I am still adjusting for the new trans.

I also wanted to add another important point for those with stock turbo and transmission. There is a huge difference between the early twins program and the regular TST module. The fueling is very agressive down low as it begins fueling at about 4 psi. It will eat turbos and transmissions easily, very easy. It is the torque spike that does this and it is steep with the twins program.

If you drive sanely and use the proper settings, this combo. can also yield some MPG gains.

Chris