3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST-FASS-A/C are Related or Not

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST-FASS-A/C are Related or Not

I thought they where related as in same truck on same ground wiring but they are NOT as I had the Fass installed before I got my TST and both say to be wired to ground post on battery. Ever since TST my A/C stop working well $600 later still not working had to give up since nobody could fix it.
I was on TST site and stumbed on FAQ's that the A/C does not like the TST sharing the same ground with the FASS
Well move ground to new location and A/C blows cold again

Anybody else had this problem
Weirdess thing I ever seen
I never thought one hated the other
Isn't the truck one big ground
Old 12-13-2005, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While all non isolated metal parts of the truck are ground connected All electric users shouldn't share the same electron pool. The electrons on the left battery are not the same as the ones on the right battery. When you have a high electron flow for the TST to control the injectors and the FASS to pump, the A/C must be the draw that breaks the electron flow threshold. Ideally both batteries should be isolated from each other and conflicting draws placed on the other battery. The world of electronics can be finicky. I have a ground wire run to my trailer that does not connect to the frame. When I connect the fifth wheel the signals flash the tail lights when it is disconnected they don't. I've rewired that trailer a dozen times and I still have that ground problem so I live with it. ks