3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Tsb18-033-04???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tsb18-033-04???

I am about to be away for about 9 weeks and having the truck in the shop to fix a few things before i take off. I was looking threw the TSB's and was wondering what this is for? I read it but dont understand what its doing.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/18-033-04.htm
Old 02-14-2006, 09:59 PM

Looks like its saying if an ECM ever has to be replaced (its faulty) that when mopar sends them a new one it is not PREprogrammed and will have to be programmed by the technician that is replacing it. Theyre probaly just sending out generic ECMs to cut down on costs and making the techs program them...At least thats what I got out of it?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:56 PM

all it means is when the techs at chrysler ar replacing a faulty ecm (it happens) they will have to program it themselves. As far as I know they should program it with INSITE a Cummins program. The ecm you have is a generic one used on industrial equipment to p/u trucks. Nothing to worry about, just make sure they dont chare a exorborant amount to do it if it ever needs to be done. It takes longer to put the program in than it takes to plug in and do the job. Typically .3 to bring the truck in and .5 for the program,
p.s. the computer programs itself once started!!!!
gonna get alot of hatemail from dealerships over this one !!!!!!!!!!