3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TS Ramifier vs. Xzillaraider

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back on topic

I can't say if the Quad box shoots out high temps, but if I crank up my Ramifier my pyro looks like my tach. I use to have an Edge EZ set on level 4 and could never hit 1375 pre-turbo. With the Ramifier I could probably hit 1500+ if I stayed into it (runs up to 1400 very fast).

The Ramifier is much stonger then the EZ, but now I have to watch the pyro when towing or full throttle, and I really didn't have to with the EZ even at level 4.

So if someone with a stock 03-04 auto, everything else stock can chime in about the quad's temps then it might help alittle.

Now for service, TS was happy to talk to me when I had concerns about the temps and invited me to stop out at his shop for a personal "program tweak" if I had any concerns. On top of that when I posted my temp concerns on either here or TDR, I was PM'd by Quad and he personally discussed my Ramifer temp issues and offered to send me one of his boxes for testing.

I got with TommeyGun (he had one of Quads boxes on hand) planned on dynoing my truck with one pull using the Ramifier and one using the Quad. When we got to the "dyno day" they told us no wrenching in the dyno, and the wait was 5+ hours long so we never got a chance to do a side-by-side run with the same "bone stock truck", and since I had the dyno numbers from the edge EZ, I could figure out how all three effected my truck.

So Ramifer vs Quad, I really THINK they will probably be very close to each other. I am guessing that Quad plays with timing a little more then the Ramifier, but this is just a guess on my part. The Ramifier has a continuous **** for power, the Quad has a 4 position switch and self-dianogistics, I think they are both very decent boxes and I have gotten EXCELLENT service from both. Maybe one day I will plug a Quad box into my truck and give a unbias opinion of them both. I was even thinking about trying to stack them side-by-side and leaving one in the off position while testing the other (but would have to stack the Ramifer first and then the Quad) since the Quad box has a little "boost fooling" even on stock setting I am told and the Ramifier doesn't.

Dave
Old 06-18-2005, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I"ve had both the quad 100hp and 140hp boxes on my 04 auto. With 100hp dialed up, WOT will peak about 1350 and then settle to about 1300 from 0-100mph. 140hp setting is too hot for the stock turbo and a bit much for the trans in my opinion so I don't really run it.

I have liked both boxes, beta testing the 100hp and keeping a production 140hp box.. Maybe another freak occurence, however quad hasn't replied to any of my last 2-3 emails or pm's...
Old 06-18-2005, 04:45 PM

It seems to me that both boxes are a good product, and have both made alot of customer happy.

By the quad having the dataport hookup, I believe it adjust timing in a better fashion than the RAMifier, IMO obviously...

AND BTW, I could do without the chick in the bikini on the TS site

BTW - Should we expect this kind of thread when the 03-04 JUICE is released?

TST VS JUICE
Old 06-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Quad, you say the boxes where 'FREE'. The costs for advertising in comparison to two old boxes is not even close to what you would pay to advertise. Perhaps that is a good thing since you have a much better product on the market now.

When the two boxes did not perform, I felt it was in everyones' best interest to deal direct with the manufacturer and trouble shoot. Three people paid to go to Denver for a week to do this. Not FREE.
We never got a call. You have two boxes back so nothing free was given. Sorry it got aired on a public forum. It certainly was not being dealt with privately. I agree, getting the customer taken care of first is paramount. Having an opportunity to get 300,000 people to see your product is kind of important too.

Sorry to slide off the topic so badly here folks.
Scotty
Old 06-18-2005, 05:14 PM

I agree, but the article is still a ghost as far as I am concerned.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by Lightman
Maybe coobie will chime in...he had a ramifier and switched to a xzillaraider and likes it a lot more as far as I know. I love mine.
You are correct Lightman.I think the Quadzilla race box is the real deal.I ran the TS ramifier (adjustable) for about 3 months,it is a nice box also.Comparing the two the Quad box has alot more power,and more smoke on the 140 hp setting.The quad box has been installed for about 2-3 months trouble free.I would buy another one in a heartbeat.coobie

edited by moderator
Old 06-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by qzilla
I agree, but the article is still a ghost as far as I am concerned.
Yeah...because of the glitches encountered, like product that did not work correctly etc etc.

If you have no product to do the article as planned...well you get the picture.

Thanks for your time. I'll stop posting on here off topic.

Scotty
Old 06-20-2005, 10:39 AM

Quad,

The biggest reason the article did not go as planned back in Novemebr was the fact that the original plan of a pressure box and injectors had to be scrapped! There was no fuel till the last day of the build when another vendor stepped in with 24 hours notice. There was hardley time for even the dyno runs.

The only ghost was you your participation...as far as I am concerned.

In closing...back to the original subject of the thread...

Maybe an individual should try both boxes and make up your own mind. Maybe manufacturer's should have "demo" boxes that could be "rented" for a short period (with a big deposit of course) to allow consumers to make their own choice. No two people are the same...so their preferences are hard to address.

Shoot...my brother hates the way my truck drives...and I hate the way his drives too! It appears that the consumer will have support form both of the manufacturer's when their product is purchased.

I personally think that extended driving with 100 hp or more coming from pressure is probably not in the best interest of you injectors.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you guys should stop focusing on quad's lack of participation or poor communication and focus on what's really important - the products. Everyone yaps about how important customer service is...well that's only if you have a problem. I challenge any of you to find one person that has an xzillaraider that can't get customer service help. Also If you want to really get into the personal side, Dennis from TS hasn't exactly displayed exemplary behavior to say the least either- with his predatory marketing tactics and inappropriate commentary back when quad did the beta testing. Neither have a perfect record IMO, but we aren't buying buddies, we're buying products that perform.

The xzillaraider, contrary to whatever happens with the older boxes, has proven to be very well liked, easy to install, and the most code-free of any of the adjustable boxes currently available. Sure there have been some folks that installed it wrong and a few bad harnesses, but for the most part everyone has liked it a lot.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Lightman
Neither have a perfect record IMO, but we aren't buying buddies, we're buying products that perform.
Thats the smartest thing I have read in this thread so far...

At at the end of the day I choose products that perform up to or beyond my expectations, even if it takes a few stumbles along the way
Old 06-20-2005, 01:16 PM

Lightman...how is it the most code free of ANY box out there?

That is a bold statement.

I have had/tried...

VA CP3.1 - Never one code.
VA CP3.2 - Never one code....I don't think I have EVER heard of ANY VA codes.
Edge EZ - Never one code
Old Quad 0-50-100 and 0-50-Race - No Codes...but did not work.
Ramifier - Never one code
TST soft program - 1 Crank code...never st my high idle at 1100 agin...no issues
TST twins program - Never one code

I have about 60k total on individual and combinations of the above.

I have witnessed...on 600's

Edge Juice - Never one code
Ramifier - Never one code
BDDL - Never one code

There are lots of "code free" options.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:46 PM

I think one BIG thing has been left out. Price!

Where can you get 100hp that works as advertised and the features of Quad under $350 ?
Price per hp is why I bought mine.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by Pull U 2
Quad and his staff have been nothing but excellent to deal with in my experiences with them. I'd deal with him anytime!!!
I can't say enough good about the product, their customer service and my all around experience with quad and the standard box either!
A+!
Radman
Old 06-21-2005, 01:08 AM

Beware, This is going to be a long post....
OK

I know I am one of the people on this forum that doesn't post a lot but I read this site and TDR about 4 times a day. My 4 month old son is learning all that voice recognition stuff by me reading all these threads to him at night. I have done just about every bomb to my truck based on ENDLESS hours of reading these sites, thinking about what I read, PM'ing members whose posts make sense and asking questions (thank you again to those guys), and reading more. I want to go ahead and tell a little story:

I was one of the 10 people that received a free RAMifier when Dennis and Quad were having thier discussion way back when. When I received the RAMifier I was running the pup and before that I had been running the TTPM. When I got the RAMifier I took the pup off and ran the RAMifier for about 2 weeks by itself. Does it do what is claimed? I believe so. Did it scare me about the supposed high rail pressure when the magic **** is turned way to the right? Yes.
So then I stacked the pup w/ the RAMifier. Is it the "safest" stack? I am not going to say that it is but I will write again that the pup on perf mode with the RAMifier dialed in a little bit at a time is a good thing. Power to tow when needed and good times when empty.
Now for the moral of this long winded post to everyone who are actually still reading... I kept reading about all the great things happening w/ the Xzillaraider from other members and decided to give it a go. Ordered a race box . Well it is certainly ironic but right about the time I order the Xzillaraider I notice that the harness for the RAMifier is wearing thin in a few places. I E-Mail Dennis on 31 May regarding that I am afraid to run the RAMifier w/ the harness in the condition that it is. I ask him how much to get a new harness. Less than a week later I get my Xzillaraider. I hook the Xzillaraider up naked, go to take the truck on a hot lap and it won't even start! This is on a Friday night, of course. At that moment I am pooping in my britches (Moderator, please don't tell me I am in trouble again..I am merely conveying my feelings). I call Quadzilla's shop on Monday and talk to an advisor. He tells me to hook the harness back up, put the bypass plug in and see what happens. Now I know it's not his truck but I wasn't real comfortable w/ that diagnosis but hey, there is no box in there so I give it a try. Same thing. Call the advisor back, inform him of my findings and he says to send the harness back to him and might as well send the box to get looked at too. I send the whole package back late on Thursday w/ a scheduled delivery on Tuesday. I could have sent it back next day or all that stuff but I did that w/ Bullydog and I did not get anything back any quicker. I call Quadzilla's shop back on Thursday and the advisor informs me that my box checked out OK and I had a new harness coming back to me w/ my original box. Well, about now (15 June) I get an E-mail from Dennis and TS Performance telling me there is no charge for a new harness just send the harness back w/ the correct form. As of this moment I have not sent the harness back to TS. Well, last Friday I get my Quad box back so I am all froggy about everything working out. I open the package and guess what? I RECEIVED THE SAME HARNESS I SENT TO QUADZILLA!!! So now I am P.O.'d and call the advisor I had been speaking w/. He says that he has to go speak w/ someone and he will call me back. Now it is right about 5:00 his time and I did not get a call back. I am trying to be understanding that it is 1700 on a Friday. So, I call them @ about 0900 my time on Monday, (Dallas is 2 hrs ahead ) and the advisor is on the phone. OK, please call me back. 3 hrs later, no return call. I call, and was told that I could leave a message. I call back again at 4:00 Dallas time and I am told that the advisor is w/ a customer. Well now I am about to blow a gasket and inform the young lady that I have been trying to make contact w/ said advisor for about 7 hours. She said hold on a second... and Stan picked up the phone. I explained my issue again, basically begged him to send me a new harness and he said he would. At that moment I thought "yeah right". Then @ 5:39 PM Dallas time I get a call from Stan informing me that a new harness is on it's way and he apologized for the stuff that happened.
To make a very long story short, I really believe that TS Performance and Quadzilla will do everything in their power to take care of customers, it just might take a while.

Sorry for the long post
Scott
Old 06-21-2005, 07:43 AM

What a discussion!

Alright, well it looks as if there are pros and cons with the companies service. Now to the topic? I am not interested in stacking mods and would like to purchase either the Ramifier or the Quadzilla Xzillaraider "standard".....I have received one awesome PM from a member on here ...and thanks for your help again...

The true question is ...which box is overall the best power, reliability, and safest for the truk!

Keep on truckin'

Quick Reply: TS Ramifier vs. Xzillaraider