3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TS Performance Ramifier

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by team24
the ones that have the Ts Ramifier , are you seeing any codes or check engine light problems?
also I have 2004 ho with 48re so do think the auto tran. will be a problem with the new find power?
no codes or lights,clean as a whistle.I think the 48 will handle it (imho). Egt,boost and trans temp gauge should be on your list too.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:50 AM

Its great to see the discussion continue. please keep up the exhange and dont' let this temporary side conversation divert attention from the box itself. no worries -- this whole deal with me and my concerns is certain to die away here very shortly.

LinearX: I don’t have personal first-hand knowledge of fuel rail failures. Mark@TST does. I was trying not to take ownership of data that isn’t mine. I am aware of the seals thread. The thought of adding more kinetic energy to a system (the HPCR) already capable of unleshing tremendous amounts of it gives me great pause. I’m not yet convinced that the long term consequences of elevated fuel pressure been thought out carefully, and a refusal to speak to the issue only strengthens that conclusion.

I’m not harping on how high the TS pressure goes, because I don’t know how high it goes. I am concerned because the pressure increase was expressed to be “within factory limits”, as if to inspire safety or to give some meaningful description -- when clearly the only other choice (not to be within factory limits) means a blown rail and a dead engine.

I have equal concern for all pressure boxes but I wasn’t around for (or wasn’t aware of) their introduction on a public forum so I haven’t engaged with them. (I have engaged with Banks). I engaged with Dennis because frankly the box interests me and think it might qualify as a “safe power” box – if we knew more about how they have approached the pressure issue. I hold all companies to the same standard. If a claim is made to safety or to be “within factory limits” then those words better be meaningfully defined in my opinion.

I think my whole emphais on method of timing and duration was taken too far. I only wanted to know by what means (connection point or system) those parameters were influenced -- not the algorithm itself. I was never interested in anything proprietary.

I am only trying to separate fact from fiction and reality from hype in an effort to obtain truth and to dispel confusion. I aspire towards precise language without technobabble and will immediately ask for the meaning if something doesn’t make sense -- especially if there is an appearance of a safety claim. Marketing language is like attractive wrapping paper: It is designed to grab attention, and the glitter-to-reality difference observed when you peal back the first layer has a lasting effect.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:44 AM

Originally posted by doug
I’m not harping on how high the TS pressure goes, because I don’t know how high it goes. I am concerned because the pressure increase was expressed to be “within factory limits”, as if to inspire safety or to give some meaningful description -- when clearly the only other choice (not to be within factory limits) means a blown rail and a dead engine.

I have equal concern for all pressure boxes but I wasn’t around for (or wasn’t aware of) their introduction on a public forum so I haven’t engaged with them. (I have engaged with Banks). I engaged with Dennis because frankly the box interests me and think it might qualify as a “safe power” box – if we knew more about how they have approached the pressure issue. I hold all companies to the same standard. If a claim is made to safety or to be “within factory limits” then those words better be meaningfully defined in my opinion.

I think my whole emphais on method of timing and duration was taken too far. I only wanted to know by what means (connection point or system) those parameters were influenced -- not the algorithm itself. I was never interested in anything proprietary.

I am only trying to separate fact from fiction and reality from hype in an effort to obtain truth and to dispel confusion. I aspire towards precise language without technobabble and will immediately ask for the meaning if something doesn’t make sense -- especially if there is an appearance of a safety claim. Marketing language is like attractive wrapping paper: It is designed to grab attention, and the glitter-to-reality difference observed when you peal back the first layer has a lasting effect.
I, too, would like a precise answer on exactly how high the rail pressure is with any box on any of it's given settings. That way, at least, the user knows how far within factory limits (or how far from the factory blow off point they are running).

Personally, I think you're on the right track with the way you interpreted how they may be affecting timing and duration, but it seems that we will only find that out if/when TS Performance decides to tell us. I would lke to know how this works as well, but I am at the mercy of the company making the product.

Ah, well...enough of this. Back to productive conversation about the Ramifier itself.

Has anyone that has one run it on a dyno to see if your numbers are compariable to those of TS?
Old 02-25-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by FreynPres
Well.... I was able to make it out to the highway today. I left it in 6th gear and went WOT. The EGT's slowly raised to 1200 degrees until about 90 mph, then raised to 1290, and never went past that. Boost held steady at 35 psi, but when the EGT's hit 1290 the boost was at 37 psi. I'd say this module takes things right to the edge, but not past.

I can't wait to see what it will do with bigger injectors and a better turbo!

Bret
Just an update..... I installed a B1-Kwickspool turbo today. Now the EGT's get no higher than 1000 degrees with the RAMifier. Boost pressure is 46 psi max. I think this will make for a great towing combination.

Bret
Old 02-26-2004, 07:41 PM

Talking

Just hooked up the new RAMIFIER..........

Now thats a truck!! Makes me feel a bit better about spending 40 grand on this thing.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Racer47.....How is the low end power? Not talking get up and go from the stoplight, but rather power from about 1600RPMs to 2000RPMs in high gear? OK...tell us about the get up and go from the stoplight too.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by RACER47
Just hooked up the new RAMIFIER..........

Now thats a truck!! Makes me feel a bit better about spending 40 grand on this thing.
I hear ya,i still have a **** eating grin
Old 02-26-2004, 10:40 PM

AK...
Power comes on smooth from idle to 3000 RPM.
Couldn't be happier
Old 02-27-2004, 04:10 PM

we just stacked the TST box with a TS Performance box that dennis at TS made a custom tune for. it makes the TST box much more smoother and smokes a lot more. that combination is ridiculous. i think he closed down I-75 with the smoke.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by joeservo
we just stacked the TST box with a TS Performance box that dennis at TS made a custom tune for. it makes the TST box much more smoother and smokes a lot more. that combination is ridiculous. i think he closed down I-75 with the smoke.
Right on Joe! You have a drivetrain set up that will handle all that oomph?
Old 02-27-2004, 04:22 PM

his clutch is so shot the truck shuddered while accelerating.

the clutch was shot before hand though.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:30 PM

Thumbs up

Ok…. I just got back from a trip to big bear (mountains in ca.) and you are not gonna believe what im about to tell you. First off, this truck is fun to drive now. Twice as responsive, and doesn’t quit pulling till you let of the peddle! But that’s not the best part. Believe it or not, running empty, flat ground, and keeping the RPM at about 2100, I got 25MPG !!! I still can’t believe it. (And yes I did have my spedo. re-calibrated for the 315s) Before this the best I ever got was 18-19 MPG. By the way….. I’m not looking to make this thing a dragster. If I wanna go fast I have a 1200lb. 700 horsepower sprint car for that
Old 02-29-2004, 10:40 PM

Is that calculated by had or are you looking at the overhead computer. The computer will be wrong because you are using extra fuel it doesn't accont for. If thats by hand that is really good milage.

Horace
Old 03-01-2004, 08:59 AM

interesting on the TS/TST stacking. which one was hooked up to the MAP sensor? did you play with all combinations of the TST settings? what do you mean by "much more smoother"?

All the smoke suggests to me that the TST is not designed to work with higher fuel pressure than stock. There is enough fuel to give in duration only and that adding pressure just dumps more fuel than is useful.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:04 AM

amazing....

Originally posted by RACER47
Ok…. I just got back from a trip to big bear (mountains in ca.) and you are not gonna believe what im about to tell you. First off, this truck is fun to drive now. Twice as responsive, and doesn’t quit pulling till you let of the peddle! But that’s not the best part. Believe it or not, running empty, flat ground, and keeping the RPM at about 2100, I got 25MPG !!! I still can’t believe it. (And yes I did have my spedo. re-calibrated for the 315s) Before this the best I ever got was 18-19 MPG. By the way….. I’m not looking to make this thing a dragster. If I wanna go fast I have a 1200lb. 700 horsepower sprint car for that
I am still on my first full tank of fuel with my RAMifier,my gauge is at the halfway point and odometer shows 260 miles.I am on track for 15.5 to 16 mpg.,about what i was getting before,maybe a 1/2 mpg better.Keep in mind that this is all in town driving,no highway at all.I wanted to see what gains i would see,if any,in town.I will be happy if i dont lose mileage,considering the way the truck runs now.I am going to add a A.F.E. drop in filter next.I only have about 7,200 miles on the clock,so im hoping it gets better after i reach the magical 10,000 mile mark.How many miles on your truck Racer47?What rear end?

Quick Reply: TS Performance Ramifier