3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TS Performance Ramifier

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis, you asked "How can you comment on what you do not know?". that certainly a fair question, if you wish to remain aloof from the issue. I'm out to convince you that some of us WANT the mfgs to know because we DONT know. I WANT the mfg to demonstrate knowledge of the safety issue, not just hide behind meaningless statemements involving factory limits. But please know that I don't hold you any more responsible than Edge or any other pressure box mfg in that regard -- except perhaps for your emphais on safety, factory limits, etc.

you stated that you "operate within the factory specs and do not exceed any limits". surely you have read previous posts explaining why this statement is both insufficient and misleading, so I won't repeat that.

you asked if I thought you would market a damaging product. yes I do. absolutely I do. yes yes yes. not intentionally of course, and I'm not singling out TS and certainly not you personally. I think the pressure box industry as a whole has not thought out the long term consequences of elevated fuel pressure. with the exception of Banks of course.

I think your flexibility is great, customer service approach, stand behind your product, all of that. all those things have been stated before. Everyone is convinced you're telling the truth about power and drivability. I know I would like the way it drives and that it would put smiles on my face. My thing is that I don't think you can make that much power without raising fuel pressure above 27,000, and I'm not yet convinced that this is wise from a long term durabiltiy standpoint.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:15 PM

ok you got it. dialing

on edit. just so everyone knows, good conversation Dennis. I have great respect for the low-RPM contribution which works as I suspected but I'm just still nervous about pressure boxes in general. maybe its just me, but I look to the mfgs to say something about pressure, and most don't want to. At least you will program whatever is desired, at the expense of HP of course. flexibility and re-programability are important in a box and you're there. good job

Ramifier aside, I don't know what the final word is on the maximum pressure question, and the pressure box mfgs just ignore it. Except for Bank's "24,500 psi" statement. Just please don't try and tell me that a box is "within mfg limits" when clearly the only other option (outside of the pressure limit) is a blown rail and a dead engine. not many mfgs on the planet will design a system to be within a "limit" when that limit is destructive. there is always some margin designed in.

so I'd say if one is comfortable with the whole pressure approach, Ramifier is certainly a good choice. If you're not, then Ramifier presents the same question as do all the other pressure boxes. you gotta understand what design margins you're willing to erode in your quest for power.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:28 AM

All you need to do is read the rail pressure sensor to find out how high each box goes. Hmmm maybe I should do that one of these days. I'm very sure others have but they aren't giving up the information.

Andy
Old 06-12-2004, 06:29 AM

So Doug & AKRam

What is the outcome for your decision? I read this whole thing to see if I should buy one of these? I have alot of questions too. My main one is, will these cause damage to my truck in the long run? I want my 45k truck to last, for the guy who said, "if you want your 45k truck to last, don't put aftermarket products on a truck then". B.S. I bought this truck cause of the reputation it has. Otherwise I would have stuck with a Ford PS. I love my truck, like others on this site. I don't think these guys are asking to much.

Dennis, why can't you tell us what the pressure is for one of your boxes strait out if the shipping box? I wanna know, if this thing will hurt the durability of the engine. Otherwise I will spend the money on Banks, then I am satisfied. My brother has a banks on his, but I wanted to try another one to see if there were differences in the power and happiness. I pay to play, and I am willing to take the risk. I am a Marine, so I take risk all the time.

I wanna know if products work before I put them on my baby. Because you wanna know what the best form of publicty is for a product and gaining new customers is? WORD OF MOUTH. If you question this, why are you on this site then?

Dennis, this is not an attack on your product, I would ask these same questions to other mfg if I was going to put their product on my truck. I only go with the best products on my truck. I do my homework before I purchase, cause guess who I promote after I am satisfied, and tell everyone to get one of those before everyone else does.

Its such a great feeling running through town and you pull up to a similiar dodge as yours, and then smoke his butt off the line. Then at the next light, he ask, what do have that he don't. Oh!!!!! There is that motto agin, WORD OF MOUTH.

Makes you wonder???????????????

Donnie
USMC Recon
Operation Iraq Freedom 1 & 2

Saved a ton of cash for upgrades since I have been gone. Now it will be a 50K Truck.

Edited by Admin
Old 06-12-2004, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by BallisticDiesel
So Doug & AKRam

What is the outcome for your decision? I read this whole thing to see if I should buy one of these? I have alot of questions too. My main one is, will these cause damage to my truck in the long run? I want my 45k truck to last, for the guy who said, "if you want your 45k truck to last, don't put aftermarket products on a truck then". B.S. I bought this truck cause of the reputation it has. Otherwise I would have stuck with a Ford PS. I love my truck, like others on this site. I don't think these guys are asking to much.

Dennis, why can't you tell us what the pressure is for one of your boxes strait out if the shipping box? I wanna know, if this thing will hurt the durability of the engine. Otherwise I will spend the money on Banks, then I am satisfied. My brother has a banks on his, but I wanted to try another one to see if there were differences in the power and happiness. I pay to play, and I am willing to take the risk. I am a Marine, so I take risk all the time.

I wanna know if products work before I put them on my baby. Because you wanna know what the best form of publicty is for a product and gaining new customers is? WORD OF MOUTH. If you question this, why are you on this site then?

Dennis, this is not an attack on your product, I would ask these same questions to other mfg if I was going to put their product on my truck. I only go with the best products on my truck. I do my homework before I purchase, cause guess who I promote after I am satisfied, and tell everyone to get one of those before everyone else does.

Its such a great feeling running through town and you pull up to a similiar dodge as yours, and then smoke his butt off the line. Then at the next light, he ask, what do have that he don't. Oh!!!!! There is that motto agin, WORD OF MOUTH.

Makes you wonder???????????????

Donnie
USMC Recon
Operation Iraq Freedom 1 & 2

Saved a ton of cash for upgrades since I have been gone. Now it will be a 50K Truck.
Donnie,the RAMifier kicks *** on the Ca. S.O. motors,i know,i have one.I have dynoed it,driven the he#$ out of it,etc.No problems,no hiccups.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:45 AM

Fence, do you have a after market exhaust on your truck?

Thanks for the post too. I bought my truck before I deployed in 2003. It is a 2003 SO with only 3k on the mileage. I just wanted to know if it hurts the truck in the long run. Seriously, I bought the truck 15 days prior of me going to Iraq. I drove it to Texas and my brother and I put the Magna flow muffler on and the AFE Proguard 7 and Torque tube on. We also put a Edge EZ on it. It ran great all the way back to Cali. It has been parked for the last 9 months. I gave the edge ez back to my brother to sell. So I wanna get another box to put on, plus a TAG to put in the torque tube. I am leaning towards a Banks or this Ramifier. What do you think?

Donnie
Old 06-12-2004, 11:47 AM

Originally posted by BallisticDiesel
Fence, do you have a after market exhaust on your truck?

Thanks for the post too. I bought my truck before I deployed in 2003. It is a 2003 SO with only 3k on the mileage. I just wanted to know if it hurts the truck in the long run. Seriously, I bought the truck 15 days prior of me going to Iraq. I drove it to Texas and my brother and I put the Magna flow muffler on and the AFE Proguard 7 and Torque tube on. We also put a Edge EZ on it. It ran great all the way back to Cali. It has been parked for the last 9 months. I gave the edge ez back to my brother to sell. So I wanna get another box to put on, plus a TAG to put in the torque tube. I am leaning towards a Banks or this Ramifier. What do you think?

Donnie
Donnie,check my sig for my mods. I favor the RAMifier,just my opinion.I saw a Banks at the dyno and neither the owner or myself were terribly impressed with it.The RAMifier added 93 H.P. and 261 Ft.Lbs. to my truck on the dyno.Not bad for $450.00 I have about 15k on my truck so i cant give you long term opinions,But my sense is this box is a great choice for the Ca. S.O. motors.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personal choice. I would be perfectly comfortable running the RAMifier for a year or two until the timing/duration boxes become more refined or I could get a good set of EDMs to stack with mild pressure. I would not be comfortable running the RAMifier as my long term mod. That's just me. Folks sure seem to like it though, especially the SO folks. Fencebuilders is right, can't say that about Banks. Many unhappy customers on that side of the fence. Some happy ones to though. I personally think the VA duration box is probably the best thing going right now for good, safe power. Just have to do something to take care of those EGTs until they incorporate timing. TST is great, but we humans don't have the willpower to keep it out of nuclear destruction mode. Read this: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=40261

Brian
Old 06-12-2004, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info AK Ram, you have helped alot. Your investigation post's and knowledge is awesome. You ought to start your own diesel performance shop. I would, but the store down the street has failed to give me the lucky lotto numbers.LOL..... But if I ever do, I will offer you and Doug a good hi paying job to come to Cali....LOL

But thanks for the post and keep up the good work....

Donnie
Old 06-12-2004, 05:58 PM

Here's a question I've been wondering about. What happens if you do smoke the fuel rail and injectors? How much money are we talking about to replace (or upgrade ) Thanks, John
Old 06-14-2004, 03:29 AM

I have no imput on this one, maybe AK Ram or Doug could help you.

Donnie
Old 06-14-2004, 08:31 AM

Originally posted by 030303
Here's a question I've been wondering about. What happens if you do smoke the fuel rail and injectors? How much money are we talking about to replace (or upgrade ) Thanks, John
Dont know about the rail,but i believe aftermarket/performance injectors can be had for $800.00ish.Not to mention they gain you in the area of 80 additional H.P.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you guys were wanting to know so badly what the maximum rail pressure is for this box. Their website says 26,000 max psi. I didn't read through the whole thread, but I did see a few people blasting the guy for not disclosing the max psi?? Did I miss something?? Sounds like it is a great box when compared w/ the others.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:28 PM

TS FAQ Answer: The TS Performance Ramifier does not exceed 26,000 psi of fuel rail pressure. The factory fuel rail pressure can be ran 29,000 all day long and not damage anything. ( That info came direct from BOSCH).

So there you have it. the only thing to keep in mind is the statement about running at 29000 all day long. On the Dodge RAM, there is a safety pop-off valve that unloads at 29,400 psi and if this goes, there isn't immediate damage, but the rail is no longer as durable and requires dealer service to be restored to factory condition and longevity. There is no way in Gods green earth I would run 29000 all day long. Note that 26,000 is below what the Banks six-gun/speed loader generates.

TS FAQ Question: How does the Ramifier make 100hp+ without raising rail pressure beyond factory specs?

just remember that 100hp is "best gain" there's no way you're gonna make 100 HP over stock peak without going well over 26,000 psi. The Ramifier puts the 100 HP gain in the lower rpms -- 100 HP more than stock at, say, 2300 rpm. The peak HP gain should be more in the 70 HP region, just like other boxes with similar rail pressures.

TS FAQ Answer: The Ramifier is the only box on the market of it’s kind. Both the map sensor and the fuel pressure sensor are fully programmable. By reprogramming the map sensor signal you achieve several things… 1) since the map senor thinks it is at different boost level it will add injection timing accordingly. 2) This is the primary reason we don’t have to raise rail pressure beyond factory specs and risk damaging engines.

This technique benefits the lower rpms and essentially allows the Ramifier to fuel harder at low boost levels and post good "best gain" numbers. Once drive pressure (boost) is above factory maximum, and you are trying to acheive maximum HP out of the engine, the Ramifier is on equal footing with all other pressure boxes -- because there is no longer any room to play with boost.

TS FAQ Question: Will the Ramifier work on my 2004.5 600 engine?

Answer: Yes, this leads us back to the ability to rewrite the signals of the 2 sensors. (Map and Fuel Pressure)

yes, but remember this technique itself does not circumvent the "pressure box detector" built into the 600's ECM. Pressure box mfgs have to turn pressure down on the boxes before they will work on the 600 because the 600 will not be "pressure fooled" beyond a certain point. The Ramifier is not immune to this problem and has the same upper limit to peak HP that all other pressure boxes do. However, the Ramifier's MAP fooling method does fuel harder at low boost conditions and so the 600 will benefit, just like the 305, from the increase in low-end torque.

Question: Is the Ramifier a timing box?

Answer: No it is not, however with the ability to reprogram the map sensor we can add injection timing to fit the consumers application.

Remember that this "injection timing" function is 2nd hand, in that Ramifier fools boost, and the ECM responds with small changes to duration and timing. Again, at peak HP levels where there is no room to fool boost, the Ramifier is on equal footing with all other pressure boxes, and will introduce zero timing advance. It is at the low RPMS where the Ramifier fools the ECM into thinking that boost is high, so the ECM fuels accordingly. Its not really correct to say that TS can add injection timing to fit a consumer application.

For example, the technique of pressure fooling itself causes the ECM to adjust timing and duration slightly but we don't say that pressure boxes adjust timing, we say that they adjust pressure. Likewise, TS does not adjust timing to fit the consumer application, they fool pressure and boost to acheive the responsiveness and fueling curve that fits the consumers application.

Quick Reply: TS Performance Ramifier