3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TS MP8 whats it like

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told by the boys at Ts performace to run MY MP-8 at 100% said ill get the best fuel milage been doin that for over a year no rail pressure guage tho. They just had me send it in for a reaflash cuz the truck was surging. Somtimes i get white smoke at start up tho? hopefuly inj are just dirty.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

I called the guys at TS and they said they did not know of the MP-8 causing any injector failures. I know what my rail pressure gauge is saying so it stays around 65-75%. My CP3 cannot keep the rail full at 100% during WOT but the second I let out, the pressure spikes off the chart. From what I understand, pressure spikes are what kill the injectors.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kenny D
I was told by the boys at Ts performace to run MY MP-8 at 100% said ill get the best fuel milage been doin that for over a year no rail pressure guage tho. They just had me send it in for a reaflash cuz the truck was surging. Somtimes i get white smoke at start up tho? hopefuly inj are just dirty.
Uh-oh........
Old 12-27-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by surfram
How does the MP-8 compare to the edge ez on a 03-04 305/555 motor? What are the rail pressures on 40% with the MP-8? Would it be comparable to running an edge ez on level 1 (40hp/150tq)? After I get an exhaust, I am planning on a tow box and gauges.

The EZ has 3 levels............Correct?????

The MP-8 is indefinate from 0-100% and real world dyno numbers are higher with the MP-8

One thing that I have not seen posted here is to make sure you have an after market fuel system with the MP-8

ESPECIALLY when stacking with the MP-8!!!!!!!!

Anthing over about 35 or 40% and your stocker can not keep up.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 PM

nice crew at TS I just didnt have any luck with their mp8. its a rail pressure box and yes it can ruin injectors if you run it all the time from what ive heard. I run a diabl power puck for pressure and I only run it for short bursts is all. I agree on what was stated above if you are going to mod make sure you have a fuel system of some kind
Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 AM

I put an EZ (level 4) on my 04 truck at 750 miles... I took it off at 12,000 and replaced it with the Ramifier (MP-8).... I now have 77,000 on the truck and I have not had one injector issue to date. I run the box on what ever I feel like... A couple of things I do is not turn it up when the truck is cold, and I try and let off the throttle easy to minimize the pressure surge that the injectors would see (but that isn't always the case)...

I am not bragging about anything, I am just saying no problems here that some say they are experiencing (or have heard of)...

I think alot of people are going by hear say, and not experiences... But (on the flip side) to be honest I didn't think the answers Denis gave me where all that reassuring either... I called one day concerned about EGT's and he said put the pyro post turbo (don't worry about pre-turbo readings).... Then when I asked about excessive rail pressure (when these questions first started coming out) and he said turn it up and don't worry about it...

Now the difference between the EZ and mp8 are night and day... The mp8 has alot more lower end and pulls harder all the way through the RPM range. I would never go back to the EZ, and I would recommend the mp8 over it in a heartbeat.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Asher
I put an EZ (level 4) on my 04 truck at 750 miles... I took it off at 12,000 and replaced it with the Ramifier (MP-8).... I now have 77,000 on the truck and I have not had one injector issue to date. I run the box on what ever I feel like... A couple of things I do is not turn it up when the truck is cold, and I try and let off the throttle easy to minimize the pressure surge that the injectors would see (but that isn't always the case)...

I am not bragging about anything, I am just saying no problems here that some say they are experiencing (or have heard of)...

I think alot of people are going by hear say, and not experiences... But (on the flip side) to be honest I didn't think the answers Denis gave me where all that reassuring either... I called one day concerned about EGT's and he said put the pyro post turbo (don't worry about pre-turbo readings).... Then when I asked about excessive rail pressure (when these questions first started coming out) and he said turn it up and don't worry about it...

Now the difference between the EZ and mp8 are night and day... The mp8 has alot more lower end and pulls harder all the way through the RPM range. I would never go back to the EZ, and I would recommend the mp8 over it in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the info. How are EGTs with the MP8 towing and not towing? Smoke?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:04 AM

Ive only had mine for about a week,stacked with smarty and have not towed yet,but so far i love how smooth it is,i run it about 40-50%,anything over that and i see alot of smoke,of course im also running sw7 on smarty,power is great,ive been driving for mileage this week to and from work and my overhead now reads 22.7 mpg,normally im 1.8 less than my overhead,but call it 2.5 and im still happy thats at 70 mph 20mpg.

in 2 weeks or so ill be towing so i'll see what kinda mpg and egts i see