3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Truck is down, what can I do before my parts come?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck is down, what can I do before my parts come?

Well my fuel system died so I ordered an Airdog 100. Its not getting here till wednesday but I'm pretty antsy and want the install to go as fast as possible once the ups man gets here. What can I do before the pump arrives to make the install fast? Any tips, tricks, or advice?

The worst part is it gets here on V-day, the one day I cant say "I'm sorry baby but Ive got to fix my truck first..."
Old 02-11-2008, 12:27 PM

hahaha. V-day put a damper on a big bird hunting trip last year.

are you using the factory pick up tube? If so, theres really not alot you can do to make it any faster. I have the Raptor RP-100 on my truck, and i had it on and running in under 2 and a half hours. If using a vulcan pick up tube you can pull the bed off which is easier than pulling the tank down IMO, and getting the tank ready for drilling.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 PM

I know off all days for me to get parts it has to be V-day! Plus I work the day after so if I dont finish in a hurry the truck will be down till friday! Oh well what ever it takes to make her(and keep me) happy right?

I was just looking around and it seems pretty strait foreward. Is my stock pump seriously that tiny a$$ little back one? Do any of you guys have any pics of the stock 03 fuel system?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Just so you know, V-Day isn't till Thursday and it get's to you on Wednesday. Are you gonna do the install on Wednesday or Thursday?

Gettin back to the question, I don't know of anything you can do to make the install any faster other than to go ahead and remove the bed (or drop the tank) and remove all the old fuel lines and such. Other than that, gotta do it in a single day.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:22 PM

Wow I really cant count, guess I must have missed that day of first grade Its most likely a really good thing you told me that