3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Truck down on power

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Secondrate
maybe check codes an overboost code will defuel and not throw a light but the code will still be there i think p0234
No codes at all.. I checked with my smarty..
Old 07-10-2008, 07:18 PM

I noticed the same thing after getting my new trans. I love it but i wonder if the converter is a little to tight. I had a single disk before and I think that I was faster before, but it also couldn't hold the power. I don't know what to think. I don't have a RP guage but I can run TNT on 9 and it doesn't pop or surge and my FP stays above 25psi. I need to mod my pump also and get a RP guage just so I can see what is going on.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Big Horn
I noticed the same thing after getting my new trans. I love it but i wonder if the converter is a little to tight. I had a single disk before and I think that I was faster before, but it also couldn't hold the power. I don't know what to think. I don't have a RP guage but I can run TNT on 9 and it doesn't pop or surge and my FP stays above 25psi. I need to mod my pump also and get a RP guage just so I can see what is going on.
See I dunno if thats the problem or not.. The TC is def tight. But I don't understand why my RP isn't shooting straight to 22k when I mash it.. It takes forever and slowly climbs up there and fluctuates alot while ramping up. Now if i load the smarty up the rp jump up fast!! every now and then I will see it fluctuate some when smarty is loaded. With it turned all the way up I can bring the rp gauge to 0 but it recovers SOOOO fast!! Never pops though.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:26 PM

It weird though because when I load the smarty up and put it on sw9 with 4.2 the truck will fly.. Its just when its on stock Im worried about.. It has no power and takes forever and a day to hit 22k.. The truck is seriously a absolute dog on stock. I think it would struggle bad if I put a load behind it!! But like i said when I load the smarty up. If I floor it from a roll it will drag the rp down(stock pump) but it recovers so freaking fast its crazy! And it will max out about 24.5k with smarty. And if I turn my tst on I see about 26k. Just don't under stand whats going on with stock.. Maybe stock ecm software is no good??
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 PM

Well if it works with 4.2, wouldnt worry about stock....i think it's just real hard to go back to stock....and if your like me, you never will for any period of time...so just forget about it.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
Well if it works with 4.2, wouldnt worry about stock....i think it's just real hard to go back to stock....and if your like me, you never will for any period of time...so just forget about it.
I guess.. I just felt like somethings wrong with it on stock so it was bothering me! I remember when the trans was stock with single disc and truck was stock it was faster then it is now if I turn it on stock
Old 07-11-2008, 06:25 AM

Id try throughing on a Arson Kit from Wicked and see if it helps all, which it should
Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 AM

Try another level on the Smarty - like 1 or 3 and give it a test.

It almost sounds like your're driving around on level ZERO (half power), not the stock setting.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2003Ram
Try another level on the Smarty - like 1 or 3 and give it a test.

It almost sounds like your're driving around on level ZERO (half power), not the stock setting.
Ya but I made sure it was on stock..