3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Truck down on power

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck down on power

Something dont seem right on my truck.. I put everything on stock and was driving around and my truck seems really really weak.. I know I got the triple disc and the 35s on it right now so it would be laggy off the line but its really weak throughout all the rpm and even when cruising.. I remember before I had the transmission done and the truck completely stock it felt stronger then that!! I was watching my RP gauge and cruising at 50mph Im seeing 10k and when I floor it I swear my truck slows down haha.. It will hit 15k and stay there for a bit and then slowly work its way up to 22-23k. But while its working its way up to the higher rp it has like a hesitation.. the rp will drop and then go back up and drop..It just takes forever for it to get up to the higher rp. It just doesn't seem right.. Any ideas. Im about to send my pump off for mods and I don't want to have it modded then it crap out on me!!! I don't have a FP gauge. I need one. The truck shouldn't be fast on stock but dang.. I mean its a DOGGGGGG.. It just doesn't seem right! I remember it being more power on stock before I ever did anything to it. Also when I load the smarty up and put it on any level really it will haul butt pretty good but I can still sometimes notice that fluctuation in the rp... What do yall think?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
if it is a new converter, it may be set up too tight.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 AM
alwaysonDTR

your probally just too use to the power with the tune that stock feels really weak.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:32 AM

Ya thats what I thought to... But I remember it having more power! I feel like if I hooked a trailer up behind this thing on stock settings it would struggle to pull it!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
if it is a new converter, it may be set up too tight.
But would that cause it to still feel weak even when cruising at 55mph and I punch it? Its seriously like a dog! It feels so weak. I think somethings not right.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Alwaysworking
your probally just too use to the power with the tune that stock feels really weak.

I agree. I put mine back to stock and drove it for a day and I thought it was a dog dog dog. Once you get the Smarty drug, it's like crack. You're hooked.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:50 AM

Well take them 35s off and see if that helps any.......hey we can race them on stock and see if there the same....haha
Old 07-10-2008, 08:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I totally agree with the above. Try driving a 500hp truck for a yr then return to stock. It will make you sick to your stomache.

If you absolutely insist on finding something wrong with your truck (LOL) start at the fuel filter, check for codes, etc. You probably won't find anything wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:38 PM

I dunno if its my TC being so tight and having 35s.. But its retarded weak! Like I can floor it at 50mph and I swear it takes 5 or more secs to get to 60!! I checked for codes and theres none..

Like I was saying. I can watch my RP gauge and its at about 10k at 50mph. I floor it and it will slowly go to 15k and it will hang there for quite some time and then really slowly work its way up to 22-23k. But while its ramping up the RP it will fluctuate alot.. Like 17 then 15 then back to 17 its weird..
Old 07-10-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by 04DEEZELRAM
Well take them 35s off and see if that helps any.......hey we can race them on stock and see if there the same....haha
When you come over this weekend I really may try that! Im telling you it don't feel right!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:44 PM

Blown relief valve??????????????
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 PM

Nope my rail is capped with Johns cap. I check my oil and no fuel in it so injectors are fine. My trans is brand new and fluid is fine.. My rp does goofy things every now and then.. Im thinking something with my fuel system somewhere is on its last leg or acting goofy.. I am buying a stage 3 pump and I didn't want to send my pump in if theres something wrong with it..
Old 07-10-2008, 05:58 PM

maybe check codes an overboost code will defuel and not throw a light but the code will still be there i think p0234
Old 07-10-2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by blwnsmke
I dunno if its my TC being so tight and having 35s.. But its retarded weak! Like I can floor it at 50mph and I swear it takes 5 or more secs to get to 60!! I checked for codes and theres none..

Like I was saying. I can watch my RP gauge and its at about 10k at 50mph. I floor it and it will slowly go to 15k and it will hang there for quite some time and then really slowly work its way up to 22-23k. But while its ramping up the RP it will fluctuate alot.. Like 17 then 15 then back to 17 its weird..
Shouldnt the rail pressure ramp to 22k almost instantly, I didnt see you have injectors
Old 07-10-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hintz
Shouldnt the rail pressure ramp to 22k almost instantly, I didnt see you have injectors
No I don't have injectors and it ramps up to 22k VERY VERY slowly!! And like fluctuates bad around 16-17k.. It will climb to 22k but takes a while. It don't shoot up instantly. Somethings not right

Quick Reply: Truck down on power