3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Triple Dog Versions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triple Dog Versions

Well, I was going through all of the versions of software I have for my TD tonight. I finally upgraded the '06 to the 2.3.8 version which resolved some issues we were having with the ABS/Brake lamps. It seems like it is pretty alright.

I then got to my older versions and came across my 2.2.7T version which was the first of two versions of "Scary Larry". So I decided to install it and see just how much SOP difference there is. needless to say, I think I will be keeping this one in the truck. Even without the "TRQ management" disabled and no "throttle sensitivity", I can roast my tires at will. The power comes on low and is consitant* all the way through the RPM range. I Love it it is very driveable, in my opinion and is the perfect combination for my mods. If you can get your hands on it and have the tranny to handle it I would say get it!

I know there have been many discussions about it, I guess I just forgot how impressive it truly is. Well that is all, I just had to express my experience with it!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned

glad to hear it works well for you on your 05.

i like it on my truck.....
Old 03-23-2007, 06:05 AM

Come on guys tell the old version will work on my 06! My 05 runs rings around my 06 compairing the BDDL-BDTD I have the new soft wear uo date its ok but i miss the bottom end POWER TELL I CAN RUN SCARRY-LARRY OR THE OLDER PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:54 AM

I think Scarry Larry will fry your factory auto or clutch. I just put my BDTD on this morning, have only tried 'performance' setting so far, can't afford a new clutch right now...
Old 03-23-2007, 11:45 AM

ramble bee Come on guys tell the old version will work on my 06! My 05 runs rings around my 06 compairing the BDDL-BDTD I have the new soft wear uo date its ok but i miss the bottom end POWER TELL I CAN RUN SCARRY-LARRY OR THE OLDER PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:10 PM

I just downloaded the Crazy Larry program for my 06. I set the program to Crazy Larry in my truck with the BDTD. But my Outlook just shows the "Extreme" setting. I assume that is all it can show for the CL setting. However, now it seems like my Outlook doesn't change the programs on the fly anymore. For example, going from extreme to tow setting with the Outlook doesn't seem to make any difference in how the truck runs. Before I downoaded CL, the Outlook did seem to make a difference by changing settings on the fly. Does the Outlook still work the same with the Crazy Larry tune downloaded?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mega Bass
I just downloaded the Crazy Larry program for my 06. I set the program to Crazy Larry in my truck with the BDTD. But my Outlook just shows the "Extreme" setting. I assume that is all it can show for the CL setting. However, now it seems like my Outlook doesn't change the programs on the fly anymore. For example, going from extreme to tow setting with the Outlook doesn't seem to make any difference in how the truck runs. Before I downoaded CL, the Outlook did seem to make a difference by changing settings on the fly. Does the Outlook still work the same with the Crazy Larry tune downloaded?
It should.. I also ran into the same problem with my outlook sometimes power changed sometimes it didn't????

Shane