3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Triple Dog V2.3

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I downloaded the new version friday night and installed it saturday. The truck runs the same now at 1/2 throttle on the performance setting as it did before at full throttle. But i have noticed that when i "floor it" it seems to fall on its butt, when before it would pull pretty hard then at higher rpms it would pull real hard. If i unlock the trq mgmt setting will it level out the tourqe curve so that its not all on the bottom end?????
Old 06-25-2006, 06:00 PM
chw

Originally Posted by Robert P
my code was GNR5 so im sure everyones is different
but i am downloading it again because after i entered my password i did not see where to turn tq managment off was. it say it is availible for download so we will see in a few minutes.
Robert, did the download work on your 05 I notice you have a power pup and not a triple dog??
Old 06-25-2006, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by neverenough
I downloaded the new version friday night and installed it saturday. The truck runs the same now at 1/2 throttle on the performance setting as it did before at full throttle. But i have noticed that when i "floor it" it seems to fall on its butt, when before it would pull pretty hard then at higher rpms it would pull real hard. If i unlock the trq mgmt setting will it level out the tourqe curve so that its not all on the bottom end?????
I was waiting for somebody to say this. Strange tune in my opinion. The thottle response is awesome. Something is lacking though. After speaking with Bully Dog, they admitted that fuel has been increasingly pulled away as -they claim- 80-90 percent of customers are more concerned about ecomomy and not "dumping" fuel in as they said. My reply to this was not well received. This is where a little TST comes in handy............ I can also say that more fuel is going in VERY early to get this throttle response. This is visible by smoke. This can have a potential impact on top end performance.

They also claim that Scary Larry is just regular Crazy Larry with an edited name change and $100.00. I spoke to Steve@Bully Dog the first time I called. I would not have him representing my company. I should hear something tomorrow from another individual there about this. This will come from the engineering gods. I don't know.

Chris
Old 06-25-2006, 09:52 PM

After several unsuccessful attempts to load the 2.3.0 onto the downloader it finally worked. I chose the low end option and set the performance setting to tow/economy. All I can say is wow. But before I loaded the new version onto the truck it said there was a tsb for the truck and advised to take it in to get the new flash for fuel econ/white smoke and I think it mentioned crank time. I thought this tsb was for the manual transmission trucks and not the autos. Should I still take the truck in to have the flash done??
Old 06-25-2006, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by CButler610
I was waiting for somebody to say this. Strange tune in my opinion. The thottle response is awesome. Something is lacking though. After speaking with Bully Dog, they admitted that fuel has been increasingly pulled away as -they claim- 80-90 percent of customers are more concerned about ecomomy and not "dumping" fuel in as they said. My reply to this was not well received. This is where a little TST comes in handy............ I can also say that more fuel is going in VERY early to get this throttle response. This is visible by smoke. This can have a potential impact on top end performance.

They also claim that Scary Larry is just regular Crazy Larry with an edited name change and $100.00. I spoke to Steve@Bully Dog the first time I called. I would not have him representing my company. I should hear something tomorrow from another individual there about this. This will come from the engineering gods. I don't know.

Chris
They are wanting to charge 100 bucks for the Crazy Larry program now? If that's the case, what gives.

I don't drive my truck hard but since this post has evolved, I've put my foot in it further, you guys are right, once your past 1/3 throttle, there's nothing more there. It's all in early in the pedal.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:16 PM

I've had mine downloaded for a couple of days (just the low end power, not torque management) and I like it so far. The only thing is I get a hesistating shift from 2nd to 3rd when I accelerate at normal pace. If I get on the truck the hesitation dissappears. Is this slippage or just a part of the new program?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by jcj1407
I've had mine downloaded for a couple of days (just the low end power, not torque management) and I like it so far. The only thing is I get a hesistating shift from 2nd to 3rd when I accelerate at normal pace. If I get on the truck the hesitation dissappears. Is this slippage or just a part of the new program?

Yep,

Ditto that too...... only sometimes.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:36 PM

Do you know if this is considered transmission slippage, or is it just the way the truck will run? I know its a stupid question, but I have never delt with a slipping transmission so I really don't know what it feels like. I hope it's nothing, cause the low end power is great.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:38 PM

My downloader still doen't ask me if i want low end or not but i do feel a differance at lowend i also notice alot more smoke
Old 06-25-2006, 10:44 PM

It should ask you the question, if I remember correctly, just after you select automatic transmission. Nevermind I just saw that you have a six speed and I believe it will only ask this question for autos.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:49 PM

Just a thought: Did they reduce the fueling overall to protect things from destruction?? If you were to take the old Power Pup with aggressive fueling and add the new features, you would really have something.

As far as shifting is concerned: since you are using much less throttle overall, this changes the shift points and firmness.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:53 PM

I was told by the techs at BD that none of the parameters were changed only the torque availability. What you say about the shifting makes sense to me, I think I just got worried instead of thinking what the real answer could be.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Mav

Well explain,so like is the normal crazy larry actually faster in acceleration from lets say 0-60 or 0-80? Because from what im hearing it doesnt sound like that great of feature. (the extra fueling down low)
Old 06-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Mav

Originally Posted by strokinnsmokin
the code they gave me was NX76 I bet that will work on all of them. The beast will smoke the tires for about 30 ft now it would not even turn a tire before that is from a standing stop from an idle stock tranny too......on performance setting.
Thats pretty much the reviews I like to hear, So like on crazy larry with the extra tq and no tq managment, it would be stupid
Old 06-25-2006, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mav
Well explain,so like is the normal crazy larry actually faster in acceleration from lets say 0-60 or 0-80? Because from what im hearing it doesnt sound like that great of feature. (the extra fueling down low)

I don't know about crazy larry (not brave enough to try it with stock trans.), but on performance mode my truck feels like it reaches speed much quicker than before. It definately pulls you back in the seat better than the previous download, and makes the light to light more fun.

Quick Reply: Triple Dog V2.3