3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Triple Dog to Smarty switch...who's done it? Input please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
funny Rip is getting ready for a cage
Old 06-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrussell
If you have a problem with the BD you call up and hope to get a decent tech on the phone...

If you have a problem with the Smarty you can call/email/PM the guys who actually created it! It doesn't get much better than that.

I know who to call/email/PM for Bullydog questions.....
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 AM

On johns dyno about 6 months ago with the scary larry my truck did 550 and 615 with the tst stack. Two weeks ago I was on the same dyno same truck haven't changed anything but went with the smarty. The truck did 625 with the smarty and 668 with my tst but I was 2 tenths less on my 60 foot but gained alot on the top end and the truck still ran 12.1's with like a 1.89 sixty foot. I will not be going back to the bullydog.....
Old 06-24-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
funny Rip is getting ready for a cage
You need to send G the same program he has because his truck was TERRIBLE off the line. I was disappointed. Foot to the floor and it wouldn't build over 10 psi of boost. That doesn't work for racing.

What's the fastest truck running the Smarty on fuel?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Luken:

I don't know if it the "fastest" but "dperf" ran a 12.10@116.27 with his Smarty and the TST just on #2 diesel.

-------
John_P
Old 06-24-2007, 11:37 AM

I went from cl to beta smarty, less heat, less boost, more power! Smarty is a lot stronger. Thanks Floor It for getting me to switch!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm i went 12.28 on fuel with an edge ez/crazy larry....wonder what would happen if i added the tst(rattle rattle bang). My 60 foot (with 35" atz's spinning mind you) is a 1.704
Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well...the Triple Dog is sold! After this weeks paycheck, the Smarty should be on order!! My truck is all stock now...dont know what to do with myself! Well, still have intake/exhaust mods I guess...

I will have further questions for the "Smarty Army" when I get it...which programs to download, which settings, etc etc...

Thanks for all the helpful info you've already given me! Appreciate it fellas!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 PM

What is the torque management set at, with the Beta 4.4?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Blevins
On johns dyno about 6 months ago with the scary larry my truck did 550 and 615 with the tst stack. Two weeks ago I was on the same dyno same truck haven't changed anything but went with the smarty. The truck did 625 with the smarty and 668 with my tst but I was 2 tenths less on my 60 foot but gained alot on the top end and the truck still ran 12.1's with like a 1.89 sixty foot. I will not be going back to the bullydog.....
this makes me believe right here. numbers to the ground were alot more. that makes a difference in other things. sled pulling you would do really good with 668hp. what are your other mods you have? if you dont want to list them I understand that.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Well I'm currently in the same position as the OP. I just let my friend with an 05 Duramax try the crazy larry program from my programmer on his truck and he loved it. Now he wants to buy it from me. So I'm thinking about switching to Smarty with a stack of some sort. I really want to be able to adjust my ECM for larger tires and the BD does not do it. In fact, I was mislead that the Outlook monitor would do it so I bought one, but it only adjusts for tire sizes on the outlook, not on the truck . I have tried contacting BD to ask about this but they do not return e-mails. I read in a BD newsletter that they now have the software to adjust for tire size with the triple dog, but you have to buy a new programmer to get it. No thanks. I have been happy with Crazy Larry and the on the fly adjustability with the outlook, but I have a chance to start over. Also, what would be better if I take my truck to the next level with some injectors/modded CP3 and possibly some twins. Should I sell the triple dog and outlook and move on to Smarty?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Luken
You need to send G the same program he has because his truck was TERRIBLE off the line. I was disappointed. Foot to the floor and it wouldn't build over 10 psi of boost. That doesn't work for racing.

What's the fastest truck running the Smarty on fuel?
Rip Rook is in the 10's with smarty aboard. 6550lb 4x4
Old 07-13-2007, 11:37 PM

here is the post

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...+electroics%2B
Old 07-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mega Bass
Well I'm currently in the same position as the OP. I just let my friend with an 05 Duramax try the crazy larry program from my programmer on his truck and he loved it. Now he wants to buy it from me. So I'm thinking about switching to Smarty with a stack of some sort. I really want to be able to adjust my ECM for larger tires and the BD does not do it. In fact, I was mislead that the Outlook monitor would do it so I bought one, but it only adjusts for tire sizes on the outlook, not on the truck . I have tried contacting BD to ask about this but they do not return e-mails. I read in a BD newsletter that they now have the software to adjust for tire size with the triple dog, but you have to buy a new programmer to get it. No thanks. I have been happy with Crazy Larry and the on the fly adjustability with the outlook, but I have a chance to start over. Also, what would be better if I take my truck to the next level with some injectors/modded CP3 and possibly some twins. Should I sell the triple dog and outlook and move on to Smarty?
Theres a Bullydog program coming that can adjust for tire size...and RPM!!!!! Be patient....it should definitely be worth it!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:59 AM

So, would you all say that the Smarty and the TST is the way to go?

Quick Reply: Triple Dog to Smarty switch...who's done it? Input please!