3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Tried Diablo/Predator/non-stack/performance-smoke not so bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tried Diablo/Predator/non-stack/performance-smoke not so bad

I have a couple threads going on all over about being happy with the Extreme/RKL extreme (both non stack) power, but not the smoke. I loaded the Performance (non-stack) today & only drove up the street & back. Smoke level is good. You can definetly see smoke, but starting off in 2nd and mashing the throttle after I am cruising does not attract attention from 5 blocks away. I will post more after driving it some more.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-15-2007, 12:13 AM

OK, I am still liking it so far (I have been known to change my mind often). Like I said, if I mildly let the clutch out in 2nd and then totally floor it it leaves some smoke, but not ridiculous. If I am getting on the fwy and I sort of slow down in 3rd gear, then floor it at like 1500 RPM's, smoke can be seen, but it is not silly. Clutch has not slipped yet. It definetly has more power than the Superchips performance tune (it feels like the old, pre-neutered Superchips Performance tune).

Most importantly, I don't have to drive at very light throttle pre-boost because of huge smoke *****. I can drive it w/o any thought as to keeping smoke levels in par with my comfort levels.

FYI.

Thanx.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:33 AM

If mine goes back on then that is probably the tune I will run. That smoke is cool sometimes but no so much sitting in traffic for an hour going to and from work 5 days a week....
Old 09-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
If mine goes back on then that is probably the tune I will run. That smoke is cool sometimes but no so much sitting in traffic for an hour going to and from work 5 days a week....

Hey Zilla, it is nice enough that you never have to think about being easy on the throttle under certain RPM's because of smoke. Ya' just drive it & enjoy. I will report back again. It takes a few days of driving to give a really good assessment.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:56 PM

Yeah. I've been running stock since the turbo came off and I am always looking in the mirror if I lug the engine a bit to see if I'm smoking. All is clear without the fueling mods.....
Well, I say stock but I am running the Quad boost fooler and a Rokktech. The truck actually feels pretty good this way and I can hit 37-38psi of boost when I get on it hard....
Old 09-15-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Yeah. I've been running stock since the turbo came off and I am always looking in the mirror if I lug the engine a bit to see if I'm smoking. All is clear without the fueling mods.....
Well, I say stock but I am running the Quad boost fooler and a Rokktech. The truck actually feels pretty good this way and I can hit 37-38psi of boost when I get on it hard....

Sounds like you are cruising happy right now. If you feel like playing around some day, pop it on that tune, let me know what you think.

Later bra.