3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Tranny gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny gauge

Any way of putting one in without going in to the transmission, dodge says will void warranty. Dodge also says that tranny has a shut down if it gets to hot it will idle down until you reach a low speed until it cools off is that true. also what brand of gauge.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:36 PM

There is a diesel company that has a new return line on the tranny that has the a sensor fitting built into it. It was like $60-80. It was easy to install to boot. I have one but I can't remember what site had them. Hopefully someone will remember and post it for you. If not I'll keep looking.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Diesel Manor sells a replacement line that is very simple to install. It took me about 20 minutes to install the line and hook up the thermocoupler to the new line. I would call Larry from here first and see if he can't take care of you.

http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CLG3.asp

About the voided warranty, I don't think it will. Well atleast not in my case, i've had my service tech look at the line and my warranty is still upheld. I guess it just depends on your relationship w/ your dealer.

One little thing to make sure of, when you install the line don't overtighten the fittings, mine had a little leak, I just took off some of the tension and they are fine.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:09 PM

The only thing I allow the dealer to service (besides the broken stuff) is the tranny. I've had the full set(four) gauges since before my first service. They never said a word. It is only added safety. Who can fault you for that. Besides the replacement piece is a mopar part that has a sensor block added to it.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by patriot dodge
Any way of putting one in without going in to the transmission, dodge says will void warranty. Dodge also says that tranny has a shut down if it gets to hot it will idle down until you reach a low speed until it cools off is that true. also what brand of gauge.
How does a sensor that taps into an existing dodge port going to cause the tranny to fail !! I would laugh at the dealer on that one!!! Never heard of the tranny shutting down.... Unless you completely melt it down!!! ???

Shane
Old 03-04-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No warranty issues here...had the truck in a couple times & nothing ever said about gauges nor cooler line.

A lot of it depends on the dealers' attitude.

HTH

Tony
Old 03-04-2007, 12:44 PM

Tranny wont stop the truck, there is a tranny light that will come on then once you stop you can smell the parts cooking. Ruins a good weekend!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wldcat
Tranny wont stop the truck, there is a tranny light that will come on then once you stop you can smell the parts cooking. Ruins a good weekend!
OOOUCH!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
pik

I notice that the thread size of the "T" on the line is 1/8 NPT.
Does anyone know what thread size the test ports are on the passenger side of the tranny?? Are all temp. sensors 1/8 NTP??
Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 AM

I just installed the line from Diesel Manor on mine this weekend. Made the installation a breeze. Looks just like the stock line with a T in it. However if you go this route, you will realize that the engineer that put the cooler up behind the engine should be shot. Its a PITA to get a 7/8" wrench up in there and get a good angle on it.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 AM

I currently have the sender in the test port (didn't get around to the new line yet) and just visited the dealer to have them check out my trans. They never said a word.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by own1bigtruck
I just installed the line from Diesel Manor on mine this weekend. Made the installation a breeze. Looks just like the stock line with a T in it. However if you go this route, you will realize that the engineer that put the cooler up behind the engine should be shot. Its a PITA to get a 7/8" wrench up in there and get a good angle on it.

Where did you start to minimize fluid loss???

Chuck
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
pik

Originally Posted by 05HDRAM
I currently have the sender in the test port (didn't get around to the new line yet) and just visited the dealer to have them check out my trans. They never said a word.
What thread size is the test port???
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 AM

I started by loosening the bottom, then screwing it back in by hand until it quit seeping, then went to the top because it was being a biach. I am pretty sure the sender is threaded 1/8 NTP. I might be wrong though.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 AM

I can't remember the size, but it may be 1/8.

Quick Reply: Tranny gauge