3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Toyo MT's 35/17/12.50 for $320 apiece..?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I'm following every lead I can find for PJ Dirt Grips and that lead me here.
Seems Trik396 is gonna create a new thread so here I are.

Ok, I was recently quoted a price of $232.00, mounted and balanced, at a local place in Falston, Maryland (will provide info upon request) and the guy told me like two days to get them in. Anoter guy at a local shop said that's the olny thing bad about the Toyo's, was that they were hard to get ahold of.

I need an tylenol or two.

The Fruitman
Old 09-19-2006, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That price is cheap... I paid 252 + for mine... Plus I added dynabeads (10 oz.) to each tire AFTER they were mounted and balanced. I heard that tires this size and aggresiveness can get outta balance quickly, so I wanted to do a pre-emptive strike on that one...
Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 AM

trik396,
My appologies, that price I posted was for the Toyo's, not the PJ's. If I could get the PJ's at that price they would already be on there.
Sorry for any confusion.

Now, I haven't checked locally yet, on prices for the PJ's but I intend to.
And I think $252. is a great price, including M/B and dynabeads.
I hope I'm as lucky. But I will let everyone know when I finally get a price.

The Fruitman

If you like this thread, here's another:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...25#post1134325

Some of us are there too.

OK, just got off the phone with my guy that's local. (might have to cowboy up here) Funny, his prices are not far off the internet prices I'm finding, except for the TrXus, and Toyo's (local price). Add the cost of taking them somewhere to have them Mnt'd / Blnc'd and he's worth the peace of mind of not going "mail-order".

Now, what he did tell me was that the Toyo's are almost impossible to get, they only have 3 tires somewhere and I'd have to order the 4th off line. Crazy?????
He also said the PJ's would be a couple weeks too for delivery. Oh BTW, his price on the PJ's w/M&B was 260.00!!!!! That's only 30 more a tire compared to his price on the MTZ's that are on my list. And they are almost night and day in both looks and construction. Also, he couldn't give me a price on the Mud Country's because he said they were too new. Anyway.......

Of course none of this helps me one bit in picking a winner. I do know the list is being narrowed down though.

And if anyone wants, I can send them a word document that I prepared with my five choices, and their specs. Nothing special, but it makes it easier to see the specs side by side.

The Fruitman

Last edited by Fruitman; 09-19-2006 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Updates on prices
Old 09-19-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by triplenickel
I just paid about $300 US for mine, took 4 months to get them but I think it was worth the wait.

So all the people that have to wait so long to get tires or get 4 35" or 37" ever think about what happens if you have a flat or need another when you are on a road trip fast.
Anytime I get tires I make sure I have 5 or more so if I have a flat I keep on running and have no down time. That was a plus to pick a common tire and size that people have in stock.
In the offroad world I have seen people loose a tire and wait 2-3 months before you can wheel or do anything with it, Thats not what I like doing.
Jon
Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 AM

Hey Mr. Gadget,
I'm with ya in that respect, but I've been assured that even with a 265 as a spare, and 3 315's on the rest, that's sufficient to get you to a repair shop. I too have always bought 5, never just 4, but another thing that was pointed out to me was the in-ability to stow the larger spare. Can the 315's fit in the stock location? I'll bet the cost of a spare tire mounting device is substantial.

Funny how there are so many things to consider here. They are just tires.

Hey trik396,
Dude, I'm dyin' over here, when are we gonna see pics of your set-up???
I want to see those PJ's on a Ram!!!!!!!!!

The Fruitman
Old 09-19-2006, 11:39 AM

Man it hurts me to just read this thread!! I just paid 745 for 4 BFG Mudterrain 315-75-16s mounted and balanced. That hurt me but hey I'm in college ($745 is a lot of meals!!) would be nice to have a $1500 set of tires... I guess.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:59 AM

$320 per tire? fk that
Old 09-19-2006, 12:01 PM

bnold,
Dude, I'm (never mind, lets' just say college for me ended in the mid eighties)hahahaha) and I'm more in debt than I've ever been in, well, the toys are larger too than they've ever been so...maybe it evens itself out. But trust me, layin' down 1500 bucks for tires is crazy for us old guys with regular lives, and regular jobs, and bills. Now I got this new truck payment, and you don't even want to know what I pay a month in fuel for it.

So this is why I'm makin' darn sure I'm getting my monies worth. And I bet I'm not alone there. And hey, 800 ain't nuthin’ to sneeze at either. You're right, that's a lot of meals dude. Get used to hot dogs, mac-n-cheese, and lunch meat for a while, hahahaha. Been there, done that. Oh wait, still there, still doin' that (to get things like this that I want). But that's ok, if it weren't this, it would be something else, right?

The Fruitman
Old 09-19-2006, 12:10 PM

checkster,
Dude, well 320 better include wheels too in my case. And I'm sure my wife would back you on your statement above. See, she's the accountant in the family. I just spend it! hahahahahahahah

So yea, 320.00 each, no way, but 260.00, for a great tire like the PJ's (my opinion), I'd consider it, and 229.00 for the M.T. MTZ, definately.

Want to kick the sickness level up a notch, (some of you I'm sure have already) price the stock BFG Rugged Trails, in the stock size! How many sets of 5 did you say you wanted for 1500 bucks? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA just don't let my wife see those prices.

Actually she's the one pushing for the "Chunky" look as she calls it.

The Fruitman
Old 09-19-2006, 12:18 PM

$300 per tire is crazy, but that is why they charge that for them, because people will pay it. To each his own...

I think I will buy the Nitto's on ebay for about $600 for a set that will fit my 18" wheels...
Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitman
Hey Mr. Gadget,
I'm with ya in that respect, but I've been assured that even with a 265 as a spare, and 3 315's on the rest, that's sufficient to get you to a repair shop. I too have always bought 5, never just 4, but another thing that was pointed out to me was the in-ability to stow the larger spare. Can the 315's fit in the stock location? I'll bet the cost of a spare tire mounting device is substantial.

Funny how there are so many things to consider here. They are just tires.

The Fruitman
Also I will tell you this, if you run a truck with a locker or posi you better not run two different tires on that axle, Open axle is ok for a little time.
If they are not the same size and you have a clutch posi like the Dana 60,70,80 it will kill it in short time and be real hard to drive.
The new posi AAM will be hard to drive, it will want to pull and will overheat it real quick. Locker, it will just flat fall apart in no time. Very common in offroading to see people use a 35-37 and have a 31" spare then use it only to cost a locker. Our 4x4 club will not let you wheel with out a full size spare and want it to be the same size if locked both ends.
Jon
Old 09-19-2006, 01:30 PM

right now I have a 33 spare for my 35 tires. before this I had 33s and a 31 spare. Had a flat with the 33 and very carefully drove 15mi to a tire shop where I had my 33 repaired. I have a LSD so I drove very slow becasue I was scared of overheating the diff. When I arrived at the tire shop the diff was cool to the touch. Now it may very well be that my LSD is closer to an open from 115k worth of miles, but I do what I have to.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:43 PM

HappyGA,
Dude, were talkin' local shops and internet retailers, and new tires. Surely we can all find better prices on e-Bay. Just don't forget to add the shipping. I'm sure 360 lbs isn't cheap. And wear, take that into consideration too. But I have to agree, if you want lower than normal prices for used products, that's the place to go.
The Fruitman
Old 09-19-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitman
HappyGA,
Dude, were talkin' local shops and internet retailers, and new tires. Surely we can all find better prices on e-Bay. Just don't forget to add the shipping. I'm sure 360 lbs isn't cheap. And wear, take that into consideration too. But I have to agree, if you want lower than normal prices for used products, that's the place to go.
The Fruitman
My last two sets of tires off of eBay were free FedEx 3 day shipping... Oh and love not paying tax. No shipping + No tax = more money to put into truck NEway
Old 09-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Hey Mr. Gadget,
Why I like a devils advocate on here. You bring up an excellent point, I'm sure. And one, I'm sure, being the non-wheeler that I am, would never have thought of. Now the real question, in my case is, what about "Limited Slip"?

How bad is that affected?
The Fruitman

Quick Reply: Toyo MT's 35/17/12.50 for $320 apiece..?