3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Towing Bliss

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Towing Bliss

I haven't done any towing since I have done a lot of the most recent upgrades to my truck and I was worried about smoke and EGT's. I decided to try the Revo TNT on level 3 with TQM on 2 timing on 3 and no fuel pressure (Have Quad Race for that). I found my self using setiing 2 on the Quad race module after I was sure EGT's were fine and I couldn't believe the power and almost complete lack of smoke. My truck actually felt like it wanted to race going uphill on 6% grades and unless I lugged it there was zero smoke. I wish my trans shifted better but I guess you can't have everything especially when you are towing in overdrive most of the time. I live in Oregon and it was canstant uphill downhill the whole time and the most I ever saw for EGT's was 1250 and I was being hard on the truck. Wife was complaining that I was going too fast and racing vehicles to the tops of all the hills. Of course she was right but that is not the point. I am not sure that I am more impressed that my truck can trounce a new corvette off the showroom floor or that it can tow over 10,000 pounds and not even feel like there is anything behind me. I wish I had the money to get a stage III CP3 because I know that I could get another 100-150hp easy and I am sure my truck could still keep EGT's in check but I am broke I think I will concentrate on getting the shift enhanser installed and my 2 micron filter system and call it good unless I win the lottery or something.

I just know that like the V8 commercial the Ford and Chevy guys must be thinking I could of had not a V8 but a straight 6 (cummins). It almost seems like the sky is the limit on these trucks if you do your research and find the combo that works best with your truck. If you are wanting a good towing truck that can be easily programmed to drag or sled pull, feel free to copy my combo because it works. Thanks and see you on the road, Tom J.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats on the setup... I know that feeling. I got that the first time I loaded Smarty with Beta 4.4 and towed... woooo-eeee what a difference. Then twins... etc, etc...
Old 07-16-2008, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah know what you mean...once I pulled with Smarty loaded the mod bug really caught hold of me then. Can't wait till this new turbo goes on next Monday, its going to fly up those grades with the horse trailer then!!