3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Torque Convertor ??? BDDL vs module ?? Exhaust ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque Convertor ??? BDDL vs module ?? Exhaust ??

Thought I woul group it all into one post.

1. I had a demo 50hp tow BDDL program install in my truck. It expires after 3 days. Anyways the 1st day it pulled hard and everything, but after tearing around all day it wasn't the power wasn't there asmuch anymore. Any chance I could of tweaked my torque convertor? The truck only has 500kms on it.

2. Also I was looking at getting the BDDL with the outlook monitor. From people's experience how is it compared to the edge hot juise? I know one is a module and one is a tuner.

3. I was looking to stright pipe my truck. I went to the exhaust shop and they wanted $400cdn todo it, because they have to order in elbows and stuff. Is there anyplace I can buy a prebent pipe to replace the exhaust and cat?

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 09-11-2005, 10:29 PM

The BD Tow (50-70hp) Setting is very slow compared to the 90hp Performance setting, or so ive noticed on my truck. On a stock truck, the hot juice or the BD will give plenty of power to blow stuff up if needed

My straight pipe cost 100 dollars. You dont need elbows or anything. I was watching the exhaust shop do it and they cut it about 6" infront of the cat and 6" behind the muffler. A big long 6' piece of pipe went on fine. sure elbows would make it easier, but the pipe is still in place, just angled up a bit.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:34 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to take over but does anybody know how the hot juice would compare to crazzy larry? I know hj is 180 hp and cl is 200hp but I was wondering if you could feel a diff, and which one smokes more or at all on an 04.5+?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by wap
Not to take over but does anybody know how the hot juice would compare to crazzy larry? I know hj is 180 hp and cl is 200hp but I was wondering if you could feel a diff, and which one smokes more or at all on an 04.5+?
My Hot Juice and EZ stack smokes quite a bit. Starting to look like a 12v sometimes.

I have my second Triple Dog in the back seat waiting for the CL update link on the web. However I think this one is going back also. The first Triple Dog displayed the first to screens when plugged in the first time and then went blank and never lit up again. I thought I would just try the DTC reading option on the second new one. It goes through the menus ok until it gets to reading DTCs with the key on. Then nothing else happens.

We tried another Power Pup and it works fine. I am very leary of downloaders anyway, I dont think I will be comparing CL to Hot Juice afterall.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:31 PM

RamWheelsBy4: I just wanted to make sure you know that the DTC Function will not work on the Dodge until you install the tune on a Dodge, because the program is designed to work on all 3 trucks you have to put it in the program mode that the truck is designed for. Unfortunately all the Triple Dogs come with the PowerStroke as the default so you have to goto "Install Download" and select Cummins to work on your truck.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Armapoc
RamWheelsBy4: I just wanted to make sure you know that the DTC Function will not work on the Dodge until you install the tune on a Dodge, because the program is designed to work on all 3 trucks you have to put it in the program mode that the truck is designed for. Unfortunately all the Triple Dogs come with the PowerStroke as the default so you have to goto "Install Download" and select Cummins to work on your truck.

Got the PM, thanks for the info. That is not what the limited instructions would leave you to believe. I assume that once you have selected a specific truck that you can use the Triple Dog for DTC on any vehicle without any other changes. At least that is what the manual says. It states the Triple Dog can be used on any of the diesels for DTC reading/clear even after selecting your vehicle.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 AM

hmmm, I'm no so sure about that. I understood that it would check DTC's on any truck of that specific type, so any other cummins, but you would have to put it back to stock to try a Ford, or Duramax. I think..
Old 09-13-2005, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Armapoc
hmmm, I'm no so sure about that. I understood that it would check DTC's on any truck of that specific type, so any other cummins, but you would have to put it back to stock to try a Ford, or Duramax. I think..
Well at least the web site Update Link is now available and works. For the DTC to work I just went to main menu and selected Cummins like you said. It then worked fine with out being used specifically to download yet. I dont know if you will be able to select other Engines for DTCs after it has been used on a specific truck. I will try when I get a chance.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by PG4x4

1. I had a demo 50hp tow BDDL program install in my truck. It expires after 3 days. Anyways the 1st day it pulled hard and everything, but after tearing around all day it wasn't the power wasn't there asmuch anymore. Any chance I could of tweaked my torque convertor? The truck only has 500kms on it.
If you pay attention, the ads for the demo download state that you get the performance for "approximately three days depending on how you drive." I wondered what that meant. How was the demo? What was required to get it?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM

It worked fine after the 1st about 200kms/1 day that I ran around town with it, after that it seemed to die off. All I had todo was to sign a peice of paper saying Bully Dog isn't resposible if I mess my truck up lol.