3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Tonneau cover = +2 MPG !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WACTD
It's what I consider to be the best tonneau cover on the market. Their website is:

http://www.undercoverinfo.com

I did a large amount of research, looked at sliding vs. folding vs. one-piece, etc. The Undercover is the best overall IMHO, AND costs less than many others (I paid $650). Installation was a breeze and it comes off in about one minute, less if you have a helper. Highly recommended.

The added MPG was a nice bonus, but is obviously not exclusive to this particular brand. Anything that prevents your bed from acting like a drag chute should give you the same results.
Nice cover! I would buy one again anytime!! Besides looking cool, they hide what you have in there, keep it secure, keep it dry, and allow Ram owners to actually lock the tailgate!
Cheers
Mike
###
Old 02-26-2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by goose2
Does anybody know if they make the undercover for the long bed?
Their web site www.undercoverinfo.com only lists available for short beds. Probably just market demand, lot more short beds with covers than long beds.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Undercovers are available mail order, too...

...but the shipping adds something like $75, so you have to watch the base price.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:32 AM

It seems this is a very popular cover, a search for local dealer found 20 dealers within 25 miles of my house. Should not be hard to find a local dealer and not pay shipping.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:23 PM

It's popular for good reason...

I did a lot of research on all types and makes of tonneaus. I came "this close" to ordering another brand, until I just happened to run across a reference to the Undercover. Lucky for me, because the Undercover is so much better than everything else out there that there's no comparison.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 PM

Undercover Problem

I just had a bad experience with the Undercover Tonneau bed cover.I was traveling down the road at 60-65 mph with my family in the truck and there was loud crash sound, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw my Undercover bent up in the air on one side. I the hit the brakes and went to the side of the road and got out looked at what happened. The cover was missing about 98% (about 4'x5') of the top of the cover, the bottom was still there. The top is made up two pieces of material that are glued together(which I didn't know before).I couldn't find the top section and I am sure glad it didn't hit any other vehicles.The lock on both sides were bent and I had to bend them back in order to shut and try to hold the top back down. I strapped the rest of the cover down and headed home at 40 mph, the bottom without the top is very soft and moved up and down at speeds over 40mph.I had about 120miles to home so it took awhile. The next morning I called the place that I had bought and installed the cover,the manager said bring it right up. We looked it over and he got on the phone and called Undercover and they said a new one would be shipped out.When I got home the phone was ringing and Undercover was on the line asking about the problem and I told him just how it happened
and he said how sorry he was that this had happened. I asked if this has happened before and was told not in my serial number range and the bad one's were pulled off the line because of a glue problem.
The dealer called about two days later and said a new cover was there, by this time I had changed my mine and said could I get a refund towards a new different top and they said sure and that's what I did. I couldn't be sure anymore running down the road with that top.
I don't know if you check the edges of the top before hand to see if there is a problem or not.I am just happy that the dealer and Undercover stepped up and took care of the problem, the top was about a year old.I took a couple of pictures but I am not sure how to post. I did add one picture
2004 4x4 quad sb

Last edited by crowbar; 03-09-2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 03-10-2006, 01:29 AM

I was impressed by the folks with whom I spoke at Undercover. Sorry you had the problem, but at least they're doing right by you. Can't say that about a lot of other companies!