3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TNT & TNTR Issue resolved!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BossHogg
Ya us TRIPPLE NICKLE guy's need to stick together. Man don't be telling TCR that the DDP's make the pop and the flux's dont! He might loose it on you since he just put a set in!

So yall are saying all you really need for the TNT-R is springs and headstuds? ...+ its sounding like injectors? I just dont have the extra $$ to blow this mother up!
LMAO...you gotta pay to play...thats why I never spayed my 500hp lt1 s/c'd trans am with my $1500 NO2 kit...I didn't havd the money to rebuild the short block...I would just turn it on and purge it to scare people and then turn it off...oh to be single in a rent house again...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 11-05-2008, 05:25 PM

I have talked to various engine builders including Van Haisley while building my sled puller. The main parts recommended have been valve springs, head studs. Other recommeneded parts have been a cam and head porting due to egt issues. Of course other things you would need like better flowing intake and a bigger pump and injectors to fuel 4000K. The best spring package I have seen is RayMacs double spring with titanium retainers for $1000. Im about to order a set for mine. They are good for the biggest cams out there.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM

I have the same poping with flux 1.8s on every TNT setting that I have tried. But only at WOT in third gear.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by BossHogg
Ya us TRIPPLE NICKLE guy's need to stick together. Man don't be telling TCR that the DDP's make the pop and the flux's dont! He might loose it on you since he just put a set in!

So yall are saying all you really need for the TNT-R is springs and headstuds? ...+ its sounding like injectors? I just dont have the extra $$ to blow this mother up!
I'm not going to loose it on a fellow CTD owner!! But it did concern me when JJPage says he still has the popping even after his injector upgrade.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by OldSmokey
I have the same poping with flux 1.8s on every TNT setting that I have tried. But only at WOT in third gear.
You have tried Timing #3 and #4 and still have the popping? I've gone a week now w/ no popping, catcher #7, TM4, RP3, Tim3. I could never have run this tune before w/ stock sticks. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS and there could be something to this!!! I'm now running the PoD TNTR where as before I was running the regular Revo TNTR. Could there be changes in the PoD version 5.8 software???
Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 AM

It might only be an 03 problem...

I have NEVER had that happen with stock sticks or Flux 3.3's on ANY Catcher SW or programs...

I am still totally stumped.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Outlaw Diesel
I have talked to various engine builders including Van Haisley while building my sled puller. The main parts recommended have been valve springs, head studs. Other recommeneded parts have been a cam and head porting due to egt issues. Of course other things you would need like better flowing intake and a bigger pump and injectors to fuel 4000K. The best spring package I have seen is RayMacs double spring with titanium retainers for $1000. Im about to order a set for mine. They are good for the biggest cams out there.
Whoa there big boy... before you go out and spend 1k on springs from raymac... if those are the springs you want, that's cool but--

The very same springs and retainers can be had elsewhere for less than $600. Raymac does not make those springs-- but the dealers involved all get them from the same manufacturer. Use the extra 400 on something else.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
TCR,

Good to hear.

Hopefully I'll get a set in soon.

MikeyB
Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM

WOW that some serious coin for valve springs, and unless its a full time sled puller, from what Don M and Hamilton have said you want to stay away from Ti retainers
Old 11-06-2008, 06:12 PM

If you know where to get the same springs and retainers for less then let me know. There are two differend set that they sell. One is the "STOCK" double springs which are around 5 or 6 hundred but they have a little lower seat pressure and only handle about .400 of lift, as to where the $1000 "RACE" springs can handle .520 of lift and have a little bit more seat pressure. With the cam im wanting to go with I was told that the smaller springs were cutting it close. A set of titanium retainers runs between 3 and 400 dollars for a 24 valve. As for the titamium retainers There is a couple of trucks that have been running close to 100,000 mile on titanium retainers and he has not had a problem with them yet.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM

At what power for 100k?

$600 or something seems to work just fine for me.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:57 PM

If you know where to get the same springs and retainers for less then let me know. There are two differend set that they sell. One is the "STOCK" double springs which are around 5 or 6 hundred but they have a little lower seat pressure and only handle about .400 of lift, as to where the $1000 "RACE" springs can handle .520 of lift and have a little bit more seat pressure. With the cam im wanting to go with I was told that the smaller springs were cutting it close. A set of titanium retainers runs between 3 and 400 dollars for a 24 valve. As for the titamium retainers There is a couple of trucks that have been running close to 100,000 mile on titanium retainers and he has not had a problem with them yet.
Hamilton Cams or Piers Diesel
Old 11-07-2008, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
At what power for 100k?

$600 or something seems to work just fine for me.
They didnt give me any numbers but i do know that it twin turbos and CP-3s and had a lot of other goodies on it. Just from what i was told im guessin over 800hp.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hintz
Hamilton Cams or Piers Diesel
I talked with both of these places plus all of the other major shops and none of them sell a double coil spring kit. They are all single coil springs.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
You have tried Timing #3 and #4 and still have the popping? I've gone a week now w/ no popping, catcher #7, TM4, RP3, Tim3. I could never have run this tune before w/ stock sticks. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS and there could be something to this!!! I'm now running the PoD TNTR where as before I was running the regular Revo TNTR. Could there be changes in the PoD version 5.8 software???
Yep I cant get it to go away no matter what I try. So Im running 4.3 until its fixed for sure!

Quick Reply: TNT & TNTR Issue resolved!!!!