3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TNT & TNTR Issue resolved!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
tcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=BossHogg;2267839][QUOTE=tcr;2267738]Well, I think if your going to actually use the 4000rpms; your going to break things.

So are you going to be running 4k rpms? If not, just curious, what is the point of running the TNT-R vs. the TNT then?

Also, tell me what you think about the injectors? How do they perform? Lots of smoke or less? Mileage improvement or decrease? SOTP feel and did you notice a good amount of hp gain?
These injectors caused no additional smoke, they are NICE in that manner, they provide a better mid-highrange pull for sure, I'm not sure about milage, it is not any worse, but I can't say it's any better just yet. I'll keep you posted. They run smoother than stock for sure.
The 4000rpm tune isn't really noticable w/ my auto, I don't sled pull and I don't hold gears any longer than the tranny shifts, I run the TNTR because it nets more power than the TNT(like 30hp), it's not the TNT that will rev to 4000 like everyone thinks it is. It's a little stronger as some have seen on dynos.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am waiting for BOB/Marco to get my PoD TNT-R software. Like tcr said with an auto you probably will not have to worry about 4k rpms as it will shift before that if normal. I just want it to keep fueling all the way through the 3 to OD shift. Even with TNT and tq4 fueling slows before the 3 to OD shift on mine.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:02 PM

Good to hear that its working for you. I switched to the DDP 90's from the DDP 50's and added the stage 2 cp3 and can say it made a world of a difference and allowed me to run TNT. I think the 03-04 trucks are weak on the inj nozzles and flow less on the cp3 side so to run TNT you need inj, cp-3 and pusher pump. I could run Revo all day long but no TNT on the arson kit and 50's. As for DDP, I like thier stuff and have great results with them as well as alot of my friends. I went with them because of that and glad I did. I will dyno beta 4.2 next then bug Bob for the TNT/R.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:57 PM

hey boss hogg you dont need any of what you stated to run TNT R . all you need besides from the obvious ,are new valve springs, to be safe running 4000 rpm's. hey DUK im going to the track this weekend, running sw9 for the first time.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by mulisha
hey boss hogg you dont need any of what you stated to run TNT R . all you need besides from the obvious ,are new valve springs, to be safe running 4000 rpm's. hey DUK im going to the track this weekend, running sw9 for the first time.
Mulisha, let me know how it turns out for you. I should have my mp-8 in the mail anytime now. I am going to try beta 4.2. Should be a tad more hp than TNT. Keep me posted
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by BossHogg
Just from reading a bunch of various posts, cant remember where, but it seems that you need the grid delete to keep from blowing them out, and a fluid dampner to keep things flowing properly when RPM's are at 4k.

Im just trying to figure out what I need to run TNT-R safely, and was just courious as to what additional mods you did in order to safely run it?

I bet there is little difference from the Flux 1.8's to the DDP 90's as they are both 90hp sticks, but what do I know. Just from reading all the posts it seemed like those were the ticket. Anybody know chime in?

Sorry for the hijack. Im glad you got your truck to stop popping and are able to use the TNT-R!
wouldn't the heater grid get blown "IN"? Are you sure your not talking about the freeze plug deal tHat Mike has?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by mulisha
Wouldnt the trucks run faster times if they shifted in the sweet spots like 3300-3500 and then pick back up in the lower "sweet spot" to run back up to like 3300-3500? After 3500ish on these dyno sheets I've seen posted they run way off and were not topping out (even close) in the 1/8 mile and some guys even in the 1/4
Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 AM

Ya I was referring to the heater grid delete. Im not sure if running that much power with the TNT wouldnt cause the heater grid to blow leaving you stranded? Just seems like I've heard too much about needing cams,studs, springs, and injectors to run the TNT-R to think that all you really need is springs?????? Is this true, maybe some of the big dog's will chime in???

TCR,
Thanks for the write up on the injectors. I've been wondering what to expect when I get mine done. I have all the parts, minus injectors, but I'm going to hold off a month or two before installing. You know how it goes, things came up in between the time I ordered my parts, and actually went to install them! It'll be soon enough though that's for sure.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by tcr
So are you going to be running 4k rpms? If not, just curious, what is the point of running the TNT-R vs. the TNT then?
Also, tell me what you think about the injectors? How do they perform? Lots of smoke or less? Mileage improvement or decrease? SOTP feel and did you notice a good amount of hp gain?
After having both the TNT-R fuels much harder than the TNT, even if you dont run 4k RPM the TNT-R will give you more power.

If I remember right if your are setup right it will net you about 50-60 more hp over the TNT of their website.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
tcr

[QUOTE=Hintz;2268842]
Originally Posted by BossHogg
After having both the TNT-R fuels much harder than the TNT, even if you dont run 4k RPM the TNT-R will give you more power.

If I remember right if your are setup right it will net you about 50-60 more hp over the TNT of their website.
Yeah, your probably right, I just remembered one of the guys, I think 2007 5.9 dynoed 30hp+/- more w/ TNTR(not sure if he had Rs on or off) over TNT.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=tcr;2268877]
Originally Posted by Hintz

Yeah, your probably right, I just remembered one of the guys, I think 2007 5.9 dynoed 30hp+/- more w/ TNTR(not sure if he had Rs on or off) over TNT.
mine was about 34hp less this time with the TNT? I had it on sw9, rail pres. level 3, timing lev 1 and it made less power. better springs/pushrods were added to the mix and I turned the rpm on. I told them to run in to 3500 rpm and it lost power? I have no clue. the tune and a stack were the only changes. I also ran different tires also but I dont think it was spinning on the dyno.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:06 PM

I ran ddp nozzles for a short time and the truck ran great. but it sounded like fuel rattle or timing rattle and we removed them. I went with the fluxes and it doesnt do it anymore. im not bashing ddp I think they made nice stuff and so does don im just stating what my truck did. do you think you have enough rail pressure? could that be the popping? I dont know your setup tons of guys have dual cp3s now I didnt know if you had those also
Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by jwb600
I ran ddp nozzles for a short time and the truck ran great. but it sounded like fuel rattle or timing rattle and we removed them. I went with the fluxes and it doesnt do it anymore. im not bashing ddp I think they made nice stuff and so does don im just stating what my truck did. do you think you have enough rail pressure? could that be the popping? I dont know your setup tons of guys have dual cp3s now I didnt know if you had those also
Popping for me still happens on all catcher levels 1-9 IF I use Timing #2, it's not a running out of fuel issue, I suspect it's a programing or timing issue. I'm sure Marco can figure it out if he has enough feedback from us all (03-04 owners), that's really my point of this thread and to help my fellow triple-nickle owners
Old 11-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
Popping for me still happens on all catcher levels 1-9 IF I use Timing #2, it's not a running out of fuel issue, I suspect it's a programing or timing issue. I'm sure Marco can figure it out if he has enough feedback from us all (03-04 owners), that's really my point of this thread and to help my fellow triple-nickle owners
And I really appreciate it because that popping is nasty. I want to run TNT even if it is only on the lower levels until I get more supporting mods.

Thanks TCR
Old 11-05-2008, 02:34 PM

Ya us TRIPPLE NICKLE guy's need to stick together. Man don't be telling TCR that the DDP's make the pop and the flux's dont! He might loose it on you since he just put a set in!

So yall are saying all you really need for the TNT-R is springs and headstuds? ...+ its sounding like injectors? I just dont have the extra $$ to blow this mother up!

Quick Reply: TNT & TNTR Issue resolved!!!!