3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Tnt/r?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tnt/r?

Just got the TNT/RThank you Bob!Im sure this has been answered several times on other threads but are the timing,torque and rp adjustments the same as the TNT non-r?And just to make sure I'm straight,timing 2 is the most timing? Timing from most to least is 2,1,3,4?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM

I am jealous Homewrecker! I have asked for it a couple times. I have yet to get CP3 upgrades or injectors, but the idea is scratching at the inside of my skull.

Did you run the regular TNT for a while?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 PM

Been running the TNT since it was released.Using it for all duties,grocery getting,racing and towing.Has took a while to find the settings that work best for the different driving conditions but pretty much have it figured out.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey homewrecker, im not to sure if thats right, with the timing. just call bob back to make sure.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 PM

I've asked it several times and got mixxed responses.I wish it was just
1 most
2 less
3 even less
4 the least
Would be very simple this way
Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 PM

1. Stock
2. aftermarket injectors
3. large aftermarket injectors
4. NOs less timing than #3

0. default

it goes from the most timing to least timing
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM

edit: #1 being stock timing which I THINK is less timing than #2
Old 07-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by molalla1ton
edit: #1 being stock timing which I THINK is less timing than #2
Thats just like the answers I've got in the past."I think","maybe" ,not here's the answer.Not ******* on you man.Seems to be alot of people confused on this.I wish Bob or Marco would just chime in on this.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh, boy-- see below pasted from MADS website:

For regular REVO:

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for stock injectors
# 3 - for aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 - for fuel economy ( more timing advance than level # 2 )
Important! The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock
timing.
This is only true if you don't adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important for
the timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd
numbered ones the advanced timing.

FOR TNT ONLY:

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for aftermarket injectors
# 3 - for Hugh aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 – for use with NOs ( less timing advance than level # 3 )
The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.
This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important for
the timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd
numbered ones the advanced timing.
The injection timing is critical for the engine responsiveness and overall performance. The difference between one timing level and
the next one can be as much as 85Hp! Which is the right one? That depends upon the mods done to the engine.... The only valid
way to find out is a dyno. Boost pressure readings “per se” just don't do the trick. A more advanced timing will typically produce
less boost than a more retarded one but that does not mean that the more advanced timing provides less power.

That should clear things up....
Old 07-10-2008, 04:02 PM

I have read that before.Call me stupid or whatever but its still not crystal clear.I guess I'm used to old Smarty tunes where aftermarket inj. was less timing.Now it appears to be the most timing.But what is next.Is it 1 stock or 3 huge AM inj?Just spell it out for me.Whats the order? 2,1,3,4 from most to least.Does the TNT/R follow this same pattern?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:30 PM

While not definitive this is the way I see the words from MADS.

If you select default which is #0 then the odd sw's will be the same as #2 aftermarket injector, but the even sw's will be #1 stock timing.

If you select #1-#4 then both the odd and even sw's will be that timing.

Now the question I don't know the answer to: is aftermarket injector less timing advance than stock, or more? I would think more. But number wise that puts it out of order. As I read it, aftermarket injector is the most timing advance TNT offers, or is it?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:22 PM

those are some confusing posts. it still aint clear lol.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:38 PM

Does tnt-r rev to 4k in all gears or does it just rev to 4k in the last gear?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by blwnsmke
Does tnt-r rev to 4k in all gears or does it just rev to 4k in the last gear?
Don't know.Haven't actually ran it yet.I'll let you know when I do!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rmalone
While not definitive this is the way I see the words from MADS.

If you select default which is #0 then the odd sw's will be the same as #2 aftermarket injector, but the even sw's will be #1 stock timing.

If you select #1-#4 then both the odd and even sw's will be that timing.

Now the question I don't know the answer to: is aftermarket injector less timing advance than stock, or more? I would think more. But number wise that puts it out of order. As I read it, aftermarket injector is the most timing advance TNT offers, or is it?
Aftermarket injector SW is less timing advance because Bigger stix advance the timing on there own

Quick Reply: Tnt/r?