3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Time to BOMB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to BOMB!!!

Well after decidng between a diesel or Hemi we decided on the HO 600. I had a 1500 Hemi r/c 4x4 Laramie. I have been looking over the forums for a week before I decided. I ordered my Ram friday under employee purchase and saved a whopping $6894 off sticker (no haggling just show me the invoice with EP price woohoo) My rig is as follows

2005 2500 Q/C SB 4x4 600 Cummins 6spd
White on Taupe

2BH Package
Tow Group
Anti Spin
Heated Seats
U-Connect
Rear Defroster
Tow Mirrors
Protection Package
Block Heater
Off Road Tires
cd stereo delete
chrome clad wheels delete

$35500 out the door MSRP $44750

When I had my hemi I ordered the RB1 navi. When I sold it I kept it and it will be gracing the dash on my new mini rig. I do have a few questions. I'm getting ready to order go fast parts, I hate stock, what would your recommendations be. I the truck will be me part time daily driver and tow rig for my construction company about 2 or 3 times a week but it is only an enclosed trailer.

Turbo Upgrades?
Chips & Computers?
Exhaust?
Manifold?
Injectors?
Lift Pump?
Intakes?
Filters?

Your answers would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
Old 01-31-2005, 10:14 AM

GAUGES, then air intake and exhaust. But gauges first, egt and boost at the least.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Did we mention gauges?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
These guys don't know what they are talking about.

Get gauges first.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anybody mentioned Gauges yet? Those come first.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:09 AM

Re: Time to BOMB!!!

Originally posted by 4pasnu
. I'm getting ready to order go fast parts,
There are a million starving comedians out there and your all trying to be one

I don't think gauges are go fast parts, but a must if your going to BOX it.

BOMB away Dan! and welcome to the site!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:08 AM

Talking

Now that all the comedy is out of the way, WELCOME to the site, which only stays running due to donations from jokers like all of us , so if we help you and you enjoy it, please help it. The first actual mods to begin a BOMB project are air filter and intake followed closely by exhaust, you are lucky in the sense that your new RAM has full 4" exhaust on it and you just need to remove and replace (or not) the muffler, your choice. All boxes just run better when these two steps are done first. Box choice is going to be your choice and your choice alone. I run a Edge for pressure and then have a TST (waiting for install) for timing and duration, this is a popular choice on the board here, as is many others, just telling you my thoughts since I was the first to abuse you. What ever you choose, just remember one thing, it is a vicious, vicious circle and it won't ever stop and let you go, I'm talking about the whole BOMBing thing. Have fun and enjoy!!

pssst... hey guys we got another one!!!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:44 PM

G56 w/ 4.10's???? didn't know that was an option.

Sorry to change the subject!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by JamesP
G56 w/ 4.10's???? didn't know that was an option.

Sorry to change the subject!
Its not a g56, they won't even be around for at least a few more weeks. I'll let you now when I get mine.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Banned

Guages for the fifth time
Old 02-01-2005, 10:18 PM

I agree with the gauges, air intake and exhaust mods. However, I'm a firm believer in letting the truck accumulate several thousand "break-in" miles before bombing. Other don't agree... Just MHO
Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Hawkeye 04
I agree with the gauges, air intake and exhaust mods. However, I'm a firm believer in letting the truck accumulate several thousand "break-in" miles before bombing. Other don't agree... Just MHO
Maybe in the aspect of adding alot of fuel. Exhaust, intake and guages git er done
Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 AM

Sorry, that's how I meant for it to come across. I did exhaust, intake and gauges on mine almost immediately. Waited till 10,000 to upgrade using a box, etc.

Originally posted by Kyle Graham
Maybe in the aspect of adding alot of fuel. Exhaust, intake and guages git er done
Old 02-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Banned

breakin in first: example, I took it easy first 220 mile, I picked it up at the dealer and took it home, got up next morning and drove from New Jersey to Maryland - an all southbound/ downhill trip I did bombing a bit backwards, exhaust first box and then air. still waiting fto find a good deal on gauges so taking it easy driven empty so far. edge ez gotta be one of the easiest upgrades ever and if you never want to play with tranny upgrades is about the level of power gains you can get away with I am told. enjoy that truck, keep us posted on first scratch/ dent as you will sleep better after that happens and is out of the way.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:03 AM

Hey mikmaze, how did you get the Edge EZ to be cab adjustable?

When I bought my Ram, my DCX Eng. friend, who used to work for Cummins, told me to load that thing down with my 5 ver right outta the box. I told him I was taking it from Michigan to Maryland that weekend empty, him and his DCX-JTE buddies said to "Drive it like I just stole it" run the heck out of it, they say that is the best way to break in the Cummins. In fact he told me to stop by and they would loan me their test weights for the trip if I needed. Well I decided the second option was the funnest, with that kinda order... I got nasty fuel mileage BUT it was a fun trip .

Quick Reply: Time to BOMB!!!