3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Threw P0192 - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threw P0192 - Help!

I was driving down the highway yesterday going about 70-75 mph when it felt like a strong gust of wind hit me. I thought that was weird cause it wasn't windy when I left the house. Anyway, I pressed on the go peddle and took it up to about 80 and everything seemed fine. I let it get down back around 70mph and about 1/2 mile down the road the truck jolted, lost power, and the check engine light came on - freaked me out! I pulled over and shut it off. It shows code P0192, which I think means "Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Low".

Here's what I'm thinking might be my problem. Either: (1) I change my fuel filter every 12k and I've got 6k to go before I do another change. Maybe I got into some bad fuel (filled up at Wally World 2 days before). Fuel filter related?

(2) Just last Sunday I had received my Quad XZT tow module and put it in. As soon as I pulled over yesterday morning, I pulled the module out and it ran fine. Quad related?

I understand that you have to make sure the connections with the Quad are tight and that I did. The Quad was in for only about 5 days, so I don't think they could just wiggle loose. I haven't called Quad yet, but will have to wait until next week as I'm leaving this morning to take care of the deer, turkey and pig problems we have on our lease in west texas. Too bad cause I'd really like to see how the XZT pulls a trailer compared to the EZ I used to run.

Anyway, I also understand that a dirty fuel filter can cause the same problem. I'm changing that out before I leave for the lease.

But again, the truck jolted and lost power! That worries me. That can't be good, right? I'm hesitant to try the module again even if that is the problem and Quad fixes it. The truck has just over 70k and I don't need any problems related to a box!

Has anyone here experienced such an issue and could tell me what my problem might be?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 10-09-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schorb
I was driving down the highway yesterday going about 70-75 mph when it felt like a strong gust of wind hit me. I thought that was weird cause it wasn't windy when I left the house. Anyway, I pressed on the go peddle and took it up to about 80 and everything seemed fine. I let it get down back around 70mph and about 1/2 mile down the road the truck jolted, lost power, and the check engine light came on - freaked me out! I pulled over and shut it off. It shows code P0192, which I think means "Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Low".
I got this code and CEL 3x when running the Edge Juice on 4 or 5 with the mods in my sig, but it did not ever affect the driveability of my truck when it happened. The Juice is at Edge now for the past 1.5 weeks getting looked at for some other stuff though that happens around 2100 rpms, but I haven't had a chance to follow up yet since i just got back from Chile yesterday. I do have a SPA rail pressure gauge to install still so it would be interesting to see what is happening when this code goes off. Sorry if I couldn't be of more help!