3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Thought I had a Kill then not so much

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Red face Thought I had a Kill then not so much

Well we are certainly comparing apples to apples, but I had a decked out GTI 1.8T try and cut me off yesterday. It was up a decent grade so I thought my Torque would walk on him, not so much. We started at about 25mph he tried to cut me off, we both dumped it I started to walk, the front of his car was at my passenger door he shifted (loud aftermarket blow off) dropped back to my rear door. Then he started to walk on me, he couldnt shake me but at 80+ his rear bumper was even with my front bumper and I let off and accepted defeat.
What I know, he had aftermarket exhaust, blow off valve, rims tires. So he spent some money. I imagine a chip and intake to go with everything else.

In my defense I only had my smarty on #5. My EGTS got to 1480 so Im glad I got out of it.

Am I being retarded, laws of mass tonage had me at a serious disadvantage. His car at best is 3200lbs. I have a tool box full with chains, load binders, tools and misc crap. So I bet Im at atleast 8000 give or take.

I should stick to playing with duallys on an even playing field, or prepare to loose from time to time. It just burns my rear end. But to see the look on his face when his little G ride couldnt shake a big diesel, PRICELESS.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Well we are certainly comparing apples to apples, but I had a decked out GTI 1.8T try and cut me off yesterday. It was up a decent grade so I thought my Torque would walk on him, not so much. We started at about 25mph he tried to cut me off, we both dumped it I started to walk, the front of his car was at my passenger door he shifted (loud aftermarket blow off) dropped back to my rear door. Then he started to walk on me, he couldnt shake me but at 80+ his rear bumper was even with my front bumper and I let off and accepted defeat.
What I know, he had aftermarket exhaust, blow off valve, rims tires. So he spent some money. I imagine a chip and intake to go with everything else.

In my defense I only had my smarty on #5. My EGTS got to 1480 so Im glad I got out of it.

Am I being retarded, laws of mass tonage had me at a serious disadvantage. His car at best is 3200lbs. I have a tool box full with chains, load binders, tools and misc crap. So I bet Im at atleast 8000 give or take.

I should stick to playing with duallys on an even playing field, or prepare to loose from time to time. It just burns my rear end. But to see the look on his face when his little G ride couldnt shake a big diesel, PRICELESS.

Ah, come on dont be so hard on yourself. If I thought that way I would have a portion of gate that read "got Killed" followed by a bunch of checkmarks
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 AM

^ Those tailgate stickers are sweet! Where do you get those Dan Marino?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by megafast
^ Those tailgate stickers are sweet! Where do you get those Dan Marino?
Just had a local guy that has a detail shop do them. He sells truck accessories and also runs a print shop. He can make anything clear up to bill board size. I told him I wanted x's like they put on warplanes, jets or ships....but I got about 500 checkmarks. It didnt matter to me - checks get get the point across also. Some people dont like them some people do. It makes for great conversation (argument)at pulls or the drag strip though. Hes got them saved in my file. Pm me if youd like to talk to the guy. He does bussiness all over and has all kinds of Cummins stuff.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:08 AM

Those little 1.8T's are quick. My wife has one and it will get up and go.
Nice fun car to drive for the money.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there was one at the weekend on the edge one year and it was killing dodges left and right there where a few dodges that won but I was surprised how fast they are
Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
O.T

Rye............1480f that temp concerns me considering the path I'm on. Am I missing something here???
onetun
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Banned

you could have always swerved into him and demonstrated the laws of gross tonage.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:55 AM

My buddy has a 1.8l turbo jetta and it seems that I pull better on him at higher speeds than lower. Either way he hasn't beaten me yet, but I have a feeling from a standing start I would not stand a chance. I might be able to reel him in though. Either way they are pretty quick. The quickest car I have raced was an audi. I tried to stay in front but when my clutch didn't hold in 6th I admitted defeat.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:05 AM

My sister has a 1.8T. With a turbo intercooler chip injectors ect.. pretty much every aftermarket thing you can add they put 350HP to the wheels. In a car that size it would be hard to catch.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by onetun
Rye............1480f that temp concerns me considering the path I'm on. Am I missing something here???
onetun

It was up a decent grade, I think with all the fuel Im pushing with the 3.5s and stage 2 pump your gonna get some heat. Without drugs a WOT run is gonna warm things up. I have no idea what others are seeing in wide open 1/4 miles, or WOT street testing. But I would imagine 1400 is pretty common. Dont get me wrong I would love for it to stay 1300 at WOT but I dont think that is possible without Water Meth or maybe Nitrous. Maybe a custom set of big twins would help out but who knows. I think on a flat road my egts would have been lower, but how much I have no clue. Maybe some of the guys who go to the track will chime in and let us know what they see for WOT egts, I would like to know.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 AM

Guess I will have to park the truck and drive the SRT-8 for a few days to get my mochismo back . I have no doubt I would have walked all over him if I was in her
Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
DTR Advertiser

Megan gonna let you drive her Jeep?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Timinva
Megan gonna let you drive her Jeep?

Thats too funny, and even though I make the payments, no I dont get to drive it all that much. But it keeps her happy so its worth it.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:12 AM
O.T

It was up a decent grade, I think with all the fuel Im pushing with the 3.5s and stage 2 pump your gonna get some heat. Without drugs a WOT run is gonna warm things up. I have no idea what others are seeing in wide open 1/4 miles, or WOT street testing. But I would imagine 1400 is pretty common. Dont get me wrong I would love for it to stay 1300 at WOT but I dont think that is possible without Water Meth or maybe Nitrous. Maybe a custom set of big twins would help out but who knows. I think on a flat road my egts would have been lower, but how much I have no clue. Maybe some of the guys who go to the track will chime in and let us know what they see for WOT egts, I would like to know.
The bottom line is there is so many variables, the staff at BD said out right that asking how much cooler twins run is like asking how long is a piece of string>?
My response to that was do I need a major in physics to determine what turbo set up will decease my egts yet maintain good hp numbers.
So my only source of knowledge are guys like you, however fueling mods play a part in heat measurements...........like anything in life balance and moderation have to be considered.

I have no issues right now at WOT full guns....max temps 1250.......truthfully I may not gain any hp by adding twins???
As long as I do not lose any power and I reduce my egts I will be accomplishing my goal.......
Shelling out 6k+ for new turbo's is a fair chunka change. I need to feel confident that towing heavy loads and keeping my temps in check will be acheivable........

hit me'
onetun

Quick Reply: Thought I had a Kill then not so much