3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

For Those Who Have Road Armor REAR Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Those Who Have Road Armor REAR Bumpers

I was wondering how much lower (if at all) your hitch receiver sat as compared to stock. I will have ended up raising my receiver hitch almost 8 inches due to the lift and tires and need to know if the Road Armor will help bring it back down !
Old 11-30-2006, 11:49 PM

A.K.A. BUMP!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Banned

D. Check out D.J. Gaston's truck I believe he just put road armor's on front and rear. send him a PM.

Yep,

Shane
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
D. Check out D.J. Gaston's truck I believe he just put road armor's on front and rear. send him a PM.

Yep,

Shane
Thanks! I will.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 PM

It does not move the stock receiver at all. It utilizes the stock set-up and is notched just over the top of it. I have the stealth bumpers on my truck and with a 5"s of lift on the back and 37" tires I use anywhere from an 10"-14" drop hitch to make it work.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Banned

so with the factory mopar receiver, there are no fit or clearance problems? great, they are in the future for me though.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
so with the factory mopar receiver, there are no fit or clearance problems? great, they are in the future for me though.
They only problems I have are running the locking pins for the hitch. I am sure if I adjust my bumper down or out a little bit I could get them to work, but I like to have it snug and boddy lines exact... So I just run a regular hitch pin.

Here is a pic showing a decent contrast between hitch and bumper just don't mind the snoozing...
Old 12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrashCade is right on all accounts. It doesn't change the receiver hitch at all but using hitch pins is tougher. I don't like to leave my adjustable receiver hitch in because it looks stupid hanging down so far, but thankfully I don't pull trailers much this time of year so it's not a big deal to put it in or take it back out.

CrashCade, did you have to drill your own holes for the license plate lights? I still haven't done mine and I think it's kind of odd that I spent so much on two bumpers only to have to drill holes in them to make them legal. They even sent me the lights with instructions on how to drill for them.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Banned

i leave my w/d hitch in at all times to stop little cars from driving under me.

the hitch pin is already hard to put in with the white night lights. thanks guys
Old 12-01-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by djgaston
CrashCade is right on all accounts. It doesn't change the receiver hitch at all but using hitch pins is tougher. I don't like to leave my adjustable receiver hitch in because it looks stupid hanging down so far, but thankfully I don't pull trailers much this time of year so it's not a big deal to put it in or take it back out.

CrashCade, did you have to drill your own holes for the license plate lights? I still haven't done mine and I think it's kind of odd that I spent so much on two bumpers only to have to drill holes in them to make them legal. They even sent me the lights with instructions on how to drill for them.
Well, I have the fair lead rollers in place and I just snap the license plate to those. Road Armor or Mile Marker had the license plate brackets. They sell Lighted license plate bolts. Just wire them up and you are good to go. Put a quick disconnect plug on it in case you need to remove your plate to utilize the rear winch!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:24 PM

10-14"!!!! YIKES! I am going to have to have someone fabricate me a backet that drop the entire receiver plate about 8-10" then since my Hitch and receiver cannot get any lower. I have NO IDEA who could even do that!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
10-14"!!!! YIKES! I am going to have to have someone fabricate me a backet that drop the entire receiver plate about 8-10" then since my Hitch and receiver cannot get any lower. I have NO IDEA who could even do that!
My Brother has a 10" drop Hitch that he bought at the local 4X4 Shop. I use it all the time Towing my little 4 Wheeler Trailer. It has the same capacity as my standard reese receivers do. Shop is Tom's 4 Wheel Drive in Lexington, NC!