3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

:For thoes who havent heard:My near fatal tow rig accident CTD vs logging truck(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, that's bad. I own an auto body shop and have seen my share of bad crashs over the years, but that's a truely horrible accident. you're lucky to be alive.

I wish you the best and a full recovery!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Banned

Here's a pic of the new me....40lbs lighter, facial hair, bandana...ect
go agead an laugh

Old 02-07-2006, 06:20 AM

So if the semi was going 50mph also, the collision speed was equivalent to hitting a wall at 100mph
"Go ahead and laugh"???
It is you who should be laughing. You cheated death.
Looks like the Cummins now resides in the passenger seat.
How long ago did that happen?
You look pretty damned good considering the photos.

You are lucky, and considering the damage to the front end and the partially intact driver's compartment, I know that truck saved your life.

Glad you are OK.

Oh, and I wouldn't publish your weight loss secret.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:39 AM

go agead an laugh

go ahead and laugh?? I was expecting much worse.

You should be dead. Period. Most anyone that would of survived that ordeal would be in a care home right now and be more or less a vegetable. For the rest of there life.

You give it a little time and you be back to normal, and adding a edge juice or tst to that 03 you'll have. It will happen.

By the way, next time, I suggest a different approach to the "cab over conversion"
Old 02-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

"Go ahead and laugh" at how I look. Please....the bandana, the sunglasses, the beard, the emaciated look of my self. Im normally a clean cut 26yo that weight 215lbs....no I look like this....
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 PM

WOW!!! You truly are lucky to be here. Just be glad you were driving your truck and not something smaller/lighter. On a lighter note, there are still some good parts there...Wheels look okay, one battery, rearend...that's about all I can come up with. Godspeed on your recovery!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:57 PM

Yeah glad your here still.
I think you should not only thank god but I would send a fruit basket to dodge truck engineers. An empty logging truck weighs **** near 25-30k pounds empty from what my one friend and his father in law ,who owns and drives one, tells me anyhow. Was the log truck empty?
Old 02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Yes the logging truck was empty and when we collided my truck flew backwards 40 feet and the logging truck flew back 20 feet. There was no brake skid marks.

Oh and on a good note my insurance company valued my truck at $20,000!!!! I paid $17,500 for it back in april 2004. I did show them all of my receipts though. Since there were still good parts on there I bought it back for $500 and sold the complete wreckage for $2,500 in 4 days....

Oh and I'm now walking. Its been 8 weeks since the accident and I started thearpy last week. I can hobble around the house well.

I will finally shave before I get on my one way plane trip.

Dan
Old 02-08-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDan
Oh and I'm now walking. Its been 8 weeks since the accident
Amen. That's God blessing you.

FWIW, you do look pretty scrungy in the Hendrix t-shirt, that looks like an original from the 60's
Old 02-08-2006, 09:26 PM

All I can come up with is ............ Good luck, God bless your guardian angel for that, I've known many of folk that the result was far worse, and you might not look yourself, but you look, you walk, you hear , and your here, baby steps are better than none. Best wishes and again God Bless
Old 02-09-2006, 10:52 PM

Geez Dan, you used up about 8 lives on that one. Your not part feline are you?

Today my vacuum pump went out on my 99. No brakes and no power steering. No warning and almost no time to react. If I had been going fast around the corner I would have had a head on. Luckily no one was around that particular corner.

I tried turning the wheel with all my might, but it would have sheared off the grooves on the steering shaft before it would have turned sharp enough.

I got to thinking about your situation. A concussion like you prolly had, you won't remember anything that happened a few minutes before the crash.

Just thought I'd try and shed some light on what might have happened.

God bless..........Jim
Old 02-10-2006, 05:15 AM

hope you have a full and speedy recovery,thank god you were not driven a mini cooper
Old 02-10-2006, 11:50 AM

Dan, saw the pictures of your truck a few weeks ago on the bombers site. Glad to see that you are recovering.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes the logging truck was empty and when we collided my truck flew backwards 40 feet and the logging truck flew back 20 feet. There was no brake skid marks.

Oh and on a good note my insurance company valued my truck at $20,000!!!! I paid $17,500 for it back in april 2004. I did show them all of my receipts though. Since there were still good parts on there I bought it back for $500 and sold the complete wreckage for $2,500 in 4 days....

Oh and I'm now walking. Its been 8 weeks since the accident and I started thearpy last week. I can hobble around the house well.

I will finally shave before I get on my one way plane trip.

Dan

Congatulations DAN! Glad you are still with us. Heaven can wait!

Question......What on your truck made it still worth $2500 for you to resell after buying it from the insurance co. for $500? Other than the wheels?

Good luck in your recovery.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:48 PM

Here's a pic of the new me....40lbs lighter, facial hair, bandana...ect
go agead an laugh

I like your outfit...it's retro. Glad you pulled through man.

Quick Reply: :For thoes who havent heard:My near fatal tow rig accident CTD vs logging truck(PICS)