3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Thinking of swapping Quad Race for TST...Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of swapping Quad Race for TST...Advice

Had the Quad Race for a couple weeks. The box performs as advertised. Great product. I am already slipping the stock clutch and it is going to be replaced. I have been considering changing to the TST so I can eventually change to a larger single or twin turbos at a later date. I am wondering how the Quad race box responds to a larger single or twins stup? I know the TST will make more HP and TQ now but from reading here Quad is comming out with some stackable additions for his current boxes=More HP. I like the power delivery of the Quad due to some pressure and fuel volume down low. I know that most here eventually stack an EZ with the TST to get bottom end so the safety of the TST adding no rail pressure then goes out the window. Sorry for the ramble! Just want to make a decision before a couple weeks go by and I cant do the swap if I want. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-14-2006, 04:07 PM

Really all depends on what u want to do with your truck! But if ur gonna
up grade the turbo or go with twins the TST is gonna make some good
power for ya! Plus the TST also has max egt setting, and max boost settins,
and cool down exhaust gas temp, and the cool down idle time! Not sure what the quad has or is coming out with though! Just my 2 cents worth!!
U might want to check with tst and see witch power max u can get!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:06 PM

Well I decided to do the swap. As I said before, the Quad Race is great. I just want to try the TST and see if I like it. I may get a set of twins later and I want to be able to grow into the box. I know if I dont like the TST then I will just buy the Quad box again.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if you have seen his monitor that is coming out but that coupled with the tst might be a trick solution.

obviosly the TST is a better power solution right now. the thing in theory I like about the tst is separte power and torque settings.

I may end up offing the juice and running a tst with the quad monitor after I upgrad the tranny.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:33 PM

I did see the pic of Quads monitor next to the Attitude. Looked cool. Sounds interesting Hognutz. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 03CumminZ4X4
I did see the pic of Quads monitor next to the Attitude. Looked cool. Sounds interesting Hognutz. Thanks!
yeah just after I post this he follows up in the thread that it may not come to production that way. if it does I will will run it though. have the tst and and ez or something stacked with full ajustment from one monitor. that would be sweeeeet.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:20 AM

I wish I would have gone with the TST just for the bennifits of growing into the power but I wanted to spend the funds before the wife took them from me so I locally bought the Juice w/att. and think I am gonna get the hot flash for it for starters and see where that gets me. I guess I need that new clutch first though. SBC told me $1789.00 for the clutch I want that goes upn to 650hp.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:17 AM

Sound like the G56 and auto tranny "upgrade gaps" are starting to close in. I wonder if this will change the decisions of some guys that said they bought the manual because it was cheaper to upgrade. (settle down guys done get your panties in a bunch, not stirring the stinky stuff, just wondering)