3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Thinking of going PPE

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mentined NO names, and you have nothing to explain yourself for this is an open forum. Ive just gotting no where with ppe questions in the last year or so, and its fustrating. I still think its a great product with crappy sales and marketing behind them. Hope you got my point though no harm no foul. We all run what works for us, not always whats best. Later
Old 03-03-2008, 10:54 PM

If you want more info on th PPE downloader you will have to go to a different site IMO. This site don't have many guys that run the PPE so there isn't much info here. Also Dan does not get on this site since he is not a vendor. Th people I have talked to that are running it have had absoltuly no problems with it since I have done alot of research on it. Over at compd we had a long thread about it.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 PM

to be completely honest with you. all a PPE is on a cummins an powerstorke is a Bully Dog triple dog. the only program that PPE actually makes is for the Duramax. save your money, get a bullydog if you really want a PPE, but i'd go with a Smarty. TRUST ME!!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:26 AM

PPE is a great company as far as I am concerned , I have nothing but praise for PPE and all my experience with R&D testing with the PPE dual cp3s and the long term results of the product is AAA + rated !

the fact of the matter is people saying the hot program is going to do this or it's going to do that bla bla bla where is it ? close your eyes tell me what you see ? nothing ! seems like thats what we are talking about here really
is what it's going to do ? we all I am sure , would like to see what the hot program can do !

it's not that people here bash other product and only promote smarty , but smarty is here and promotes performance , customer service & constantly trying to improve , I am sure bob and marco would love PPE to release a tune that competes or beats the smarty beta and TNT tunes , this would prove that we still have a long way to grow with performance programming enhancements this in my opinion is good meantime we are all still waiting for the PPE hot tune for #2 ?

I do hope Joe at PPE steps up soon and puts the hot program on the market with competitive pricing , smarty like customer service , program options , & of course killer performance, which I would not expect anything less from PPE !

bring it on ! gentlemen start your engines lets see the program showdown
PPE hot vs Smarty TNT I have the TNT program under protective custody but I would be glad to meet anyone from with a PPE hot program at famosa 1/4 mile for a race on #2

find a truck with mods comparable to mine & lets let the times speak for the programming

this invitation is open for whoever whenever !

my truck is currently ready to race with the Smarty TNT right now !

let me know ............

I remain humble but not scared cause I am locked & loaded with TNT
Old 03-04-2008, 04:27 AM

there are 2 or 3 guys over at compd that would more than likely take you up on that challenge??
Old 03-04-2008, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kman9090
there are 2 or 3 guys over at compd that would more than likely take you up on that challenge??

kman, do you think you could get those guys to come in here and help discuss this topic,if they have not already done so?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Chapter President

Townsend come to the next meet on March 15th and you can try a smarty stacked with your TST. You WILL like it.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 AM

I will be in FL on vacation. Going down to Miami for a week. I love the stack it just gets too hot. I have been debating building a set of twins using my stocker and the S400.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 AM

WOW, now thats a slap and a wierd thought, ppe is really Bully Dog! If this is true can they do that, can you put someone elses tuner in your own box? This is news to me. So the 215hp tune that i run is what compaired to BD- the crazy larry??? Do you have proof of this? Either way im very happy with performance and milage but ive heard some talk of bd trashing a few ecm's on here and have never heard of this from a ppe truck. Wonder if Buddy or Dan would be honest and say if this were true???? What you say guys...
Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Quad builds boxes for several companies that just put there mane on his product maybe he would have some insight.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mlbevan25
to be completely honest with you. all a PPE is on a cummins an powerstorke is a Bully Dog triple dog. the only program that PPE actually makes is for the Duramax. save your money, get a bullydog if you really want a PPE, but i'd go with a Smarty. TRUST ME!!
Totally false. Ive worked with PPE in the past. I see 1 similarity but the tuning itself is different.

Similarity: On screen font and style of downloading looks near identical to Bullydog.

Differences: PPE is NOT adjustable on the fly. PPE makes power differently. Bullydog is more near smarty with low end smoke but not as much. PPE stood out as a great top end programmer. PPE makes more power. PPE offers nitrous tunes (that go to 4k rpms and delete torque management....its low timing for nitrous and the regular timing version should be out soon.)

Back to my original point guys, try everything yourself insteading of taking what someone said or posted as fact. Lots of you have ALOT to learn about these trucks, myself included

Yall respect Omaharam....theres a reason up until recently he preferred his hot juice on the street......why don't yall go find out for yourselves!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Very glad to hear an oppion that, that guys statment is false. And i dont douht one bit that smarty might be a better product and as for now that yall got your TNT prob. makes the more power. I wished us guys that slipped in to ppe earlier had the customer service and backed support that you guys have. Im building my drag project now as a 12v so i dont get caught up in over bombing my daily driven 1 ton, my tuner does good in all sence, but if i had it to do over i prob. would have gone smarty as well. Just wouldnt ever spend the money to convert over- the 2 tuners are very expensive by themselves let a lone together.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by darrenb
kman, do you think you could get those guys to come in here and help discuss this topic,if they have not already done so?
I doubt they would come over here just to argue which is better smarty or PPE. I don't think many people would be willing to ship thier truck to Hawaii too if that is where you still live?? I really don't think you can compare modded trucks though to see which downloaders is the best. Now what I would like to see is 3 completly stock trucks go out and race with the identical stuff. 1 have bully dog, 1 PPE, 1 Smarty and see who wins. Then let them all trade and do it again in a comparison. I seriously doubt we will get this kind of comparison though. Until the day we do it is all speculation on which is better.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kman9090
I doubt they would come over here just to argue which is better smarty or PPE. I don't think many people would be willing to ship thier truck to Hawaii too if that is where you still live?? I really don't think you can compare modded trucks though to see which downloaders is the best. Now what I would like to see is 3 completly stock trucks go out and race with the identical stuff. 1 have bully dog, 1 PPE, 1 Smarty and see who wins. Then let them all trade and do it again in a comparison. I seriously doubt we will get this kind of comparison though. Until the day we do it is all speculation on which is better.
I disagree. All 3 downloaders on the same truck is required. for example, what if one truck's trans or clutch is stronger than another. then compare dyno and track times.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:56 PM

I have also heard from sources that bullydog does the programming for PPE on dodge applications but then again, I don't know that to be fact !

however I have taken a personal tour of the entire PPE facility side by side with the owner of PPE & witnessed the programming room and assembly area of all PPE programmers I do know PPe manufactures and does programming for other company's but as far as PPE sub contracting out the dodge PPE programming to buddy at bullydog ?? I dunno .......about that one after seeing the PPE facility and witnessing programming and asssembly of PPE programers and other programmers being made for some other company's I am not at liberty to discuss I would not be too sure about PPE using bullydog to burn programs for them ?

be nice to hear from joe or dan on this ? PPE has not been able to confirm or deny this info , PPE should get back with a response on this !

Quick Reply: Thinking of going PPE