3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

thinking bout smarty

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question thinking bout smarty

I have a diablo pred stack and like it alot haven't had any problems YET.but i read on there forum and on this one that some flks are having some issues and i do have rough idle here and there but nothing to bad.but my main concern was brought up that it may be traceable at the dealer.and that bothers me.My buddy has the smarty and they say that its not traceable.so i may be changing to smarty into the near future.I see alot of guys running the smarty on here so what do think guys????????
Old 06-22-2007, 01:50 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Running the Smarty-- couldn't be happier. Smarty is supposed to be the only one non-traceable-- and is as far as I know. What I like about it besides that is that it is one of the few that will correct speedo for large tires AND reset trouble codes AND has a whole bunch of different tunes to download from the web site so YOU can play and figure out what is best for YOU. It also stacks well with a few different pressure only boxes to get the max out of your fuel system. Also, you can buy from here and help support the site and customer service from Bob Wagner here on the site has been great (thanks again Bob) and you get a candy bar when you order. What's not to like?? And what are you waiting for???
Old 06-22-2007, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
Running the Smarty-- couldn't be happier. Smarty is supposed to be the only one non-traceable-- and is as far as I know. What I like about it besides that is that it is one of the few that will correct speedo for large tires AND reset trouble codes AND has a whole bunch of different tunes to download from the web site so YOU can play and figure out what is best for YOU. It also stacks well with a few different pressure only boxes to get the max out of your fuel system. Also, you can buy from here and help support the site and customer service from Bob Wagner here on the site has been great (thanks again Bob) and you get a candy bar when you order. What's not to like?? And what are you waiting for???
thats what im looking at thinking bout selling the pred and maybe getting the smarty,everybody seems to be very happy with there smarty.so far my pred has been nice to me but i rather have something that i can sleep on .
Old 06-22-2007, 02:02 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

You have to try different things to see and appreciate the differences. I got the Banks when truck was new, loved it and it has given me no problems. I liked the in cab adjustability and all that and was happy with it. Tried a couple of other downloaders a friend had and let me try and thought the banks was still better. But you know what? I just didn't know any better. Then I bought the Smarty and WOW! What a difference! You will jsut have to try to see for your self. I'll tell you what, you buy it and decide you don't like it-- it will take you no time to sell it here. I can promise that. Look on the classifieds and see how many other things are for sale and compare to how many Smarty's are for sale...
Old 06-22-2007, 02:18 PM

what is the best update for the smarty i have the program that just came with the smarty. i have been getting unbelievable fuel milage with mine i love
Old 06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Originally Posted by MADMATT
what is the best update for the smarty i have the program that just came with the smarty. i have been getting unbelievable fuel milage with mine i love
The best one is the one you find that works best for you. I personally like the soon to be released Beta 4.4 the best. Others like the Beta 4.3. Still others like some of the older versions. It's what you want to do... want less smoke? Try aftermarket injectors/stock turbo setting. You have to experiment and ask questions here for what others are doing and what they like. It's all GOOD!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:30 PM

bob has been cool to me, it was not bought from him either. there are upgrades available for the predator but there alot for the smarty also. you will have 460rwhp with just the smarty. im running the beta program only for a few days, but I like alot. took away some shifting issues I had and runs cooler.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:07 PM

Dont think about it, just call up Bob and order it!! Im also now running the 4.4 beta. It does reduce the smoke from previous versions, and seems that so far accelerates faster! Think Im gonna have to learn how to drive with the new software again! Did realize that my 06 feels like a slug in stock mode! Never realized how accustomed to the Smarty I had become....I love this thing!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by own1bigtruck
Dont think about it, just call up Bob and order it!! Im also now running the 4.4 beta. It does reduce the smoke from previous versions, and seems that so far accelerates faster! Think Im gonna have to learn how to drive with the new software again! Did realize that my 06 feels like a slug in stock mode! Never realized how accustomed to the Smarty I had become....I love this thing!

What kind of mileage are ya'll seeing.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:44 PM

my truck will show 20mpg on the highway. thats on the trip odometer unit. I have never hand calculated it. I dont really worry about the mileage that much. it does pretty well when you keep your foot out off it. but its hard
Old 06-22-2007, 04:16 PM

i like having bob on the site to turn to if need questions or help.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Just got my Smarty on Wednesday and so far I love it! I also ordered it from DTR so the candy bar was just that much more of a bonus.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:18 PM

I havent gotten great numbers yet due to the fact of pulling my boat on the weekends, but i just rolled over 12K on my truck and have been averaging between 17 and 21 mpg. empty on the highway gets up in the 21 range, gooseneck on a 600 mile trip got about 17.5 with the smarty on 3. Just got the beta last night so I havent had a chance to put it through the wringer yet.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

i have just recently gotten the new beta 4.4 for my truck. and absolutely love it now. i think it actually raises the speed limiter. i saw very close to 120 mph tonight beating up on a 03 cobra. it was great. poor guy didnt know what to think. his girl in the passenger seat was even laughing. that is the best.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Smarty Beta 4.4

Where do you get this program? I went to the web-site and did not see it.

Quick Reply: thinking bout smarty