3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

thinking about a smarty

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking about a smarty

not sure which one to get..whats the main differences?? can the tnt version still be downloaded on the pod?? i like the change on the fly options like on my predator and bullydog
Old 06-23-2009, 06:53 PM

I love my POD!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by bcfreighttrain
not sure which one to get..whats the main differences?? can the tnt version still be downloaded on the pod?? i like the change on the fly options like on my predator and bullydog
Not sure which one? the JR or the SR?

For my money.. the SR , and be done with it, alot more room for fine tuning. If you purchase it new from Bob, he can send it loaded with the TNT software, with or without the POD. If you want "on the fly" capabilities, you have to get the POD.

I have an old S-04, but if I was purchasing a new Smarty, I would order the Standard Revo software w/POD. Then I would just download the TNT software from the MADS website, to my Smarty file on my PC.

I would find my truck's "sweet" spot with the Revo tune first, then when you believe it just can't get any better, Load the TNT. It is very easy to go back and forth between the softwares... after doing it once.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 AM

I went with the pod, tnt/R. Granted, you have to have the required items before getting the 'R' tune, but if you're wanting more power (and bang for the buck) that's the wy to go.

I was always sceptical on the smarty cheerleading, thinking that it was a bunch of hype. I was on the power hunt and decided to give it a try, I'm very glad I did. Now, I'm also one of the cheerleaders for smarty. I used to have a bdpmt w/cl.

I used to like the on the fly change also, now I just use my right foot for the 'on the fly change'.....and the mp-8.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 AM

I had this question to start with and was steered to the Sr. version. Really and honestly didn't need it but am glad I went that way. I've updated it twice but don't have the POD. It's fun to play with the different settings and see what they will do but I've settled on the #5 for a while now as it is a very good compromise setting for me and my driving. I still say go with the Sr. in case you ever want to go wild with the upgrades. If not you still have more than the Jr. and you won't be wishing you had go to the Sr to start with!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 PM

thanks for the replies
Old 06-28-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up P O D

Yo just get the POD and be don with it
Old 06-29-2009, 11:18 AM

ya it will definately be the sr pod. just have to get injectors,turbo & injector pump now to complete the package
Old 06-29-2009, 07:44 PM

just picked up the pod sr. now for some questions... when adjusting timing, torque..etc do you still have to download onto truck like you would when first installing or is it uploaded instantly?? and what are some good pparamiters to start with? i just don't want to be sitting in the truck for 5min at a time trying each option out and then having to test drive each one..thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well that is kinda what you have to do as every truck is different and responds differently. Everyone has a different opinion on what setting to use as well.

Since you have POD, load sw7 and use the POD to adjust power. As far as the options, try torque 3 (even though you have a manual), rail pressure 2 (or 3 - I like it lower to save injectors), timing 2. Set speed to 250, adjust the tire size for the speedo and off you go!