3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

things i dont know

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
things i dont know

guys i need some help!!
i have a small list of things here that i either dont know what they are or i dont know where to find them....
sorry for the ignorance, but any help would be great....
dont know what is: FASS 150, FASS 95, SBC, swiss cheese airbox(where can i find), stacked boxes(how to do this), TST(where do i find and who makes)..
....again sorry-still new to diesel aftermarket....thanks
Old 04-30-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by coontz0473
guys i need some help!!
i have a small list of things here that i either dont know what they are or i dont know where to find them....
sorry for the ignorance, but any help would be great....
dont know what is: FASS 150, FASS 95, SBC, swiss cheese airbox(where can i find), stacked boxes(how to do this), TST(where do i find and who makes)..
....again sorry-still new to diesel aftermarket....thanks
I didnt know either but I learned quickly:

Fass 150 =FASS High Performance Fuel Pump 150gph flow rate
FASS 95 = FASS High Performance Fuel Pump 95gph flow rate
TST= Is a chip that will give you the most power

Here is the link for both the chip and the fuel pumps:LINK

Swiss Cheese box = Is making your own intake air box by drilling about 30 holes on the bottom for cold air feed

Stacked boxes= When you stack combine chips(performance softwares) with other ones having a dual or triple stack

SBC= Is now joined with AT&T is the largest provider of both local and long distance telephone services, wireless service, and DSL internet access in the United States

LINK
Old 04-30-2006, 01:02 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SBC is south bend clutch
they have a website if you want more info.

Dont worry about bein ignint, we all started somewhere, I wasnt long ago that I didnt know what any of that stuff you listed was either. My best advise is stick to this site and read up, before you know it you will be on here morning noon and night and up to date on all the current diesel happenings.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:53 PM

Smile

thanks WAP and Viking Diesel for the info...i dont seem quite as lost now...i'm sure there will be other questions, but glad to know you guys will be around!!
Old 04-30-2006, 02:27 PM

Swiss all the way! Save $$$!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by koogala
Swiss all the way! Save $$$!
I too have a swiss cheese box. but we seen better gains with a box with 1 large(4/5 inch) hole in the bottom not the multiple holes.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
a dead bolt kit installation kit will usually have 1 1/2 hole saw in it,

use that for mine. worked for me, gave it to buddy, working for him now.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by BRayls
I too have a swiss cheese box. but we seen better gains with a box with 1 large(4/5 inch) hole in the bottom not the multiple holes.
you mean forget all the little holes and open the whole thing up with ONE BIG HOLE?? Post pics of this please
Old 04-30-2006, 11:40 PM

I added my own "Ram air" a couple of years ago with an AFE drop in.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:42 PM

What are the advantages of swiss cheesing the box...besides improved airflow.....better mileage?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:14 AM

I want to do a similiar setup.

I want to get a hose or furnace duct from the foglight hole and connect it right to the bottom of the bottom of the box to where the holes are.

Like this:

Old 05-01-2006, 08:30 AM

When I installed this, I made sure to angle the toward the opening in the grill. Additionally, I have added screen material secured by hose clamp at the top of the tube (not shown in the pictures).
Old 05-01-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2003Ram
When I installed this, I made sure to angle the toward the opening in the grill. Additionally, I have added screen material secured by hose clamp at the top of the tube (not shown in the pictures).
can you please show me some more pics of yoru setup inckluding installed in the truck and screen and everything. TIA
Old 05-01-2006, 03:30 PM

Darn i never saw pics of swiss cheese air box i just took out the drill and hole saw and took out every piece of plastic on everyside of the box below the air filter i could, guess i should have asked some more questions about it before i did it.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brad02ctd
Darn i never saw pics of swiss cheese air box i just took out the drill and hole saw and took out every piece of plastic on everyside of the box below the air filter i could, guess i should have asked some more questions about it before i did it.
well thats how mine got swiss cheesed. but there were not many 3 gens around then. sorry I have no pics(not computer smart enough if I did) but looks like that is pretty much covered. a tdr issue had pics of one with the 4 inch hole and floor fitting for a toilet 4 inch piece of pvc hanging down to suck the cool air with screen over it to keep out critters. cheaper way than what we done(on others trucks) and easier as well. I can assure you I cannot load pics or I would. maybe another subscribing reader will have pics or be able to scan them for you. I am going to do my 06 that way when its here. reason for the better results ,we suspect less turbulence.

Quick Reply: things i dont know