3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Is there any reason to match up a new intake with new exhaust systems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any reason to match up a new intake with new exhaust systems?

There are so many different intakes and exhaust choices out there and I want to choose wisely and do both at once.
I am all stock right now but after intake/exhaust upgrades I will be doing a box of some sort. I dont race, I dont need smoke, I tow sometimes, I work all the time. I am after fuel economy and (lotsa) power without sacrificing my motor, injector pump, etc.
I am considering Banks in & out but am I just paying for the name? I need to make up my mind and the responses to this post are what I will use for that. Anyone knowledgeable or experienced with this stuff please chime in and I'll get it goin. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that to get the full benefit of air intake and exhaust upgrades that they should be done together. I dont think there is any benefit trying to use a one vendor for these two upgrades. I have a Banks 4" Monster Exhaust and an AFE Air Intake w/Torque Tube. I am happy with both. The Banks exhaust systems are as good a quality as you can buy and they are a simple bolt on using all factory brackets. Banks gets knocked a lot for cost and other things, but the exhaust products are among the best and not much more than others of comarable quality. The AFE also as good as anyones. Both are on the high end of the price range. I don't mind paying for quality. With this combination I dropped my EGTs 75* - 100* across the board.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:25 PM

Same deal with mine but NO torque tube.I didn't want any more NOISE.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned

possum,

We set folks up all the time with the MBRP exhaust systems, they have 100% welded hangers and are the easiest to install as well as have the best muffler. We ONLY sell the Pro Guard 7 AFE intakes as they are the best at flowing lots of air while stopping the dirt the 4 layer gauze filters let into your engine. Give us a call if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI