3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Thank You Floor It and DonM

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea i drive it on the street all the time. It used to do alot of towing last year. I drove to almost half of my pulls last year.

My dyno numbers are confidential! lol

Sloverado,

where are you blowing your boots? what connection?
Old 02-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Banned

Well there right now I have to stock pumps. I will be running to modded pumps as I already had one and I gave John another but he went into ER so we put the Stage to as close to stock as we could so that they would run right. These are rather large stick just like I wanted and 2 stocks only hold 22k or so with to modded it will be up alittle more.

I am blowing the top one closest to the rad that goes to the intercooler.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:19 PM

Tell John & Family,
He has a lot of friends out there!
His extended (diesel family).
Old 02-15-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by doug60
Tell John & Family,
He has a lot of friends out there!
His extended (diesel family).
Yep hopefully nothin serious, most likely stress related.

Gotta say in the few conversations with john ive had ive learned alot, he is a true valued asset to the cummins diesel perforemance industry.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:16 PM

John @ Floor It

I'm pretty sure you owe me a PM. Pls advise.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:42 PM

I thought you could run a modded pump and a stock pump?? I know a guy that is running Johns stage two and a stock one on an ATS kit and it works perfectly. Maybe that will help your pressure a little until John can mod the other....
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luken
I thought you could run a modded pump and a stock pump?? I know a guy that is running Johns stage two and a stock one on an ATS kit and it works perfectly. Maybe that will help your pressure a little until John can mod the other....
That's what I plan on doing....

Hope all is well With John.... Prayers sent to his family...
Old 02-15-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Hope all is well With John.... Prayers sent to his family...
x2!..........
Old 02-16-2008, 10:22 AM

Thanks alot for the nice words, guys. It means alot to John that he has so many friends worried about him. We brought him home yesterday, but he is still hurten pretty bad. Doc said he'll start feeling better in 3-4 days.

Ryan: Glad we could get you out the door. Wish we could have done a little tuning to get things at there full potential. Your truck is a beast and I enjoyed working on it, but don't go breaking it too soon. The twins on that thing make the smallest task difficult. Good luck and let me know how you do at the pull.

Thanks agian to everyone.

J.D.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Banned

Thats good to hear! Tell him i hope he gets well soon and if yall need anything just let us know! Wes
Old 02-17-2008, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sloverado
Yes I was told they are the biggest he has done in the 600/610 motors. I did not pull today as I had a couple of things go wrong but I should be set for tomorrow.

I have a couple things to add before we dyno but i am wanting some nice numbers lol. I think I need some tuning on the twins as it is making about 87 pounds when the boot comes off.
at 87psi I would hope for nice numbers also . seriously ryan I hope it makes what you want.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Banned

Glad to here John is home. JD if you guys need anything just call me. I didn't get to pull as I couldn't get the boot to hold. I have a good idea how to fix it but wasn't able to get ahold of anything.

I am hoping for 800 when I got it put together. I think it will make it. even at half trottle my last setup now feels like stock lol.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:13 AM

Glad to here John is home. JD if you guys need anything just call me. I didn't get to pull as I couldn't get the boot to hold. I have a good idea how to fix it but wasn't able to get ahold of anything.

I am hoping for 800 when I got it put together. I think it will make it. even at half trottle my last setup now feels like stock lol.
Have you tried bar ties on the clamps? Ive been running them on mine for over a year. I think they help , also use hair spray on the boots on install.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Um more like 900+. I think 800 is gonna be easy with your rig on #2 only, it would not suprise me a bit to see you run high 900s on #2. Good luck and post the results please...
Old 02-27-2008, 01:43 PM

Nope I didn't get them on kinda a rush job. I will have them on by this pulling season. I saw that they are requiring us to have that and I think it is to keep us out. They hate it when we would drive there pull and drive home. They want everyone to think that these 1500+ hp trucks. When we drive home it makes them look bad.

The fire suit rule has nothing to do with keeping you out that couldn't be farther from the truth if you notice what 5.9 Excursion said it is for ALL class's in the club not just diesels. And this rule was not voted in it was required by insurance. We want to get some more diesels in the class so that when the rules meeting happens again we can try and split into two class's. Right now the way it sits you have trucks in the 500hp range with street tires stock appering pumps and single chargers up to the 1200hp to 1300hp range with cut tires, drop box's, ag gov pumps, and twins in the same class. But until we can get more trucks to join that is probably the way it will stay. As for wanting everyone to think we are at 1500hp and making us look bad when you drive yours home that is funny I will be the first to tell you that it would take 3 of our trucks combined to break the 1500hp mark but some how one of those trucks got first in points because he was consistant and didn't break alot. And if you want to drive you truck to the pull that is great to me that is even more impressive than hauling them in.
The main thing is we want more people to join so we can get a solid class going you have to start somewhere and it is nice to just show up to a pull an hour before the start with no weigh in and not have to change your setup due to rules every week.