3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Talk me out of trading my truck for a Charger SRT-8

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the upcoming challenger.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 PM

have both,, best of both worlds. It might be a little tight,, but hey,, its only money,, lol. Seriously though, even though I really like those SRT 8s and I looked pretty seriously at the grand cheroke, I still love my truck too much to go to a gas powered unit. Your fuel mileage is going to drop, everytime you want to carry something you are going to have to call a friend. You have to go even slower over speed bumps. Personally being a big guy I dont like getting into cars all that much either, and I love being able to look down at people in their cars and chev 4x4's lol. Just my .02

Kevin

oh and MERRY XMAS
Old 12-19-2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by SRTchris
yea there sweet, but with the new challenger almost ready to break out into the market that would be enough to make me wait
I will be getting one of these when they are available.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:44 PM

You need to ride in some of these guy's trucks out here, John_P run 11.7's in his 97 12 valve and his son Johnner Runs 12's along with another friend, Cris. You have gobs of HP and can still tow, camp, hunt, and do what ever. I'd put my money against any (Stock) SRT Charger or SRT anything against these trucks I have mentioned... just my 0.02
Old 12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I own a Grand cherokee srt-8, and they are great but they are no truck. I would never trade my truck in for a car or suv, so I sold my wifes impreza and she drives the srt-8 to work and back. Best of both worlds. So keep the truck and find a way to get the other toy, I love the look of the charger srt-8but I can tell you from experience the awd of the jeep makes it pretty hard to beat out of the box. I would say to drive them both, but I had to order mine when I got it they were in high demand but see if ones available to drive, then make up your mind.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:22 PM

Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Tr uck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truck!Truc k!Truck!

lol!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:00 PM

You have to change your name to VikingGas
Old 12-19-2006, 05:35 PM

ok, just came back from the dealer and drove the SRT-8. OK, I am definetly keeping my truck, the auto trans totally ruined for me. The car needs a 6-spd, it feels horrible with the auto, no power down low and then all of sudden like a burst of power kicks in later, feels somewhat like turbo lag, really wierd and I dont like it. So I guess the charger is out and since the 300C is the same, thats out too. Now, the only thing I have left would be the Cadillac CTS-V, its 6-spd and since I want the 04,05 model, I would be getting the 5.7l Z06 motor w/ 405hp.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:36 PM

Since we are on a truck forum. We are going to here keep the truck. I owned a 06 dodge cummins and traded it for a 07 chevy avalanche and have never looked back. I was sick and tired of the good old bush boys ripping us diesel boys off with the cost of fuel and all the other things like ulsd, not to mention the added things the diesel manufactures had to do to there engines to meet 07 reggs. The cost of the new trucks are going to sky rocket. The diesel truck thing has its place. If your going to tow allot with it. You need it. But if you are going to just drive it with nothing hooked to 90% of the time. It aint worth it, PERIOD. The day I traded mine in and handed the dealer my keys. Was one of the best days I have had in a while. It sure is nice to pay 50 cents less a gallon when filling up. Not to mention the decrease in price to keep it serviced. Good luck in your decision.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by goose2
Since we are on a truck forum. We are going to here keep the truck. I owned a 06 dodge cummins and traded it for a 07 chevy avalanche and have never looked back. I was sick and tired of the good old bush boys ripping us diesel boys off with the cost of fuel and all the other things like ulsd, not to mention the added things the diesel manufactures had to do to there engines to meet 07 reggs. The cost of the new trucks are going to sky rocket. The diesel truck thing has its place. If your going to tow allot with it. You need it. But if you are going to just drive it with nothing hooked to 90% of the time. It aint worth it, PERIOD. The day I traded mine in and handed the dealer my keys. Was one of the best days I have had in a while. It sure is nice to pay 50 cents less a gallon when filling up. Not to mention the decrease in price to keep it serviced. Good luck in your decision.
Right, since Bush controls oil prices and emissions regulations. Its a good thing you switched while you still could.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goose2
Why dont you go to an avalanch forum? I mean whats not to like about something with half the tourque of your old truck? good luck with the truck thats not a truck and the SUV thats not an SUV, kinda reminds me of a subaru brat...
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM

I love how people complain about gas prices when driving $40,000 vehicles.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:51 PM

When I sold my 2002 ram (oct, 2005) I bought a magnum srt-8. Sold it after 2months because I couldn't stand the transmission.

Then I got a hemi powered grand cherokee limited. It was fast but got 12mpg. And I didn't like the awd. Sold it after 2 months.

Bought a Subaru Sti. AWESOME little car. Not practical. Hotrods should have V8s

Finally came to my senses and bought another cummins. I love it!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:56 PM

Truck guy here, but the Challenger has my interest. Anyone heard an estimate on the price range?

James
Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by procrastinator
Truck guy here, but the Challenger has my interest. Anyone heard an estimate on the price range?

James

Not sure, but im definately hoping to add that to my stable.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of trading my truck for a Charger SRT-8