3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Talk me out of trading my truck for a Charger SRT-8

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Talk me out of trading my truck for a Charger SRT-8

I really love my truck but the Charger SRT-8 caught my eye, especially considering I can find them for about $30-32k now with about 5k miles and still an 06 model. I just kind of miss my whole FAST car scene I had, Cobra, M3.....etc. The Charger runs stock high 12s with a lot of luxury and great features, but at the same time, I like my truck alot and I love the "GO ANYWHERE" freedom I have with it. So please talk me out of the Charger and tell me to keep my truck. The thing is, I know I wont be spending any more money on it, considering anything else I want to do will require trans work which I dont want to spend $2-3k for just trans work, which is another reason I want to get a charger.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:37 AM

looks like a sweet ride, why dont you want to get it?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:44 AM

yea there sweet, but with the new challenger almost ready to break out into the market that would be enough to make me wait
Old 12-19-2006, 11:44 AM

Can't tailgate with a Charger?

or Hunt,
4 Wheel,
Haul,
Tow,
Comfortable fit a bunch of people and gear...

PLus...your truck COULD be faster than one too! ;-)
Old 12-19-2006, 11:45 AM

the challenger is also being tooled for a conv, plus you can get a 6speed with a 425 hp hemi.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by paul4romtexas
b/c im afraid im going to miss my truck, i dont know, im still debating. The thing being the Charger wont even be able to drive in the SNOW, but thats NOT even an issue considering it snowed 17in once 2 weeks ago and melted after 4 days b/c its in the 50s all the time and snow is a joke now-a-days, this winter feels like spring. So snow's NOT even an issue at this point.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paul4romtexas
From your signature, your truck sounds radical, and you would totally miss it if you unloaded it. But the SRT-8 is totally awesome. The only option is to start selling your body for extra money so you can affrod both of them. I see you live in Chicago. Is the SRT-8 all wheel drive?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by SRTchris
the challenger is also being tooled for a conv, plus you can get a 6speed with a 425 hp hemi.
thats actually another thing I dont like about the Charger, I miss Manual trans and the Charger only comes in AUTO. Anyone know rough release date on the Challenger?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:48 AM

yes, alot of good points here, but one thing about the performance. I spend numerous weekends at the track with my drag car and I am telling ya, 95% of the srt8's I have seen are running 13.0's to 13.teen's. Still pretty darn good but if you are expecting 12's right off the bat, you might be a little disappointed. The 2 I have seen running 12.90's had already made some intake and exhaust mods and they were running very high 12.90's.

They are sweet though. good luck in you decision.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
. Anyone know rough release date on the Challenger?
hopefully LUKE will chime in on that, he's the inside man around here.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:52 AM

Man, if the Challenger looks anything like the show car I may need one!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by jmccart
From your signature, your truck sounds radical, and you would totally miss it if you unloaded it. But the SRT-8 is totally awesome. The only option is to start selling your body for extra money so you can affrod both of them. I see you live in Chicago. Is the SRT-8 all wheel drive?
NO, its RWD, but its alot more civilized than say a CTS-V, considering the Charger is auto and a 4 door sedan making it pretty heavy. The rain isnt going to be a problem and the SNOW im not even worried about anymore since it never snows here or anywhere anymore.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by RonP
yes, alot of good points here, but one thing about the performance. I spend numerous weekends at the track with my drag car and I am telling ya, 95% of the srt8's I have seen are running 13.0's to 13.teen's. Still pretty darn good but if you are expecting 12's right off the bat, you might be a little disappointed. The 2 I have seen running 12.90's had already made some intake and exhaust mods and they were running very high 12.90's.

They are sweet though. good luck in you decision.
well, this is where I got some of the info from:

This guy ran his 300C SRT-8 BONE STOCK which is identical to the charger, weight, performance, EVERYTHING, but the outside obviously.

WATCH THE VIDEO:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chrysler-30...slip-9877.html
Old 12-19-2006, 11:59 AM

Viking keep your truck, wait to see the challenger, DC almost always produces there prototypes, would suck it you bought the charger then drooled over the new challenger only to be stuck in the charger!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by SRTchris
Viking keep your truck, wait to see the challenger, DC almost always produces there prototypes, would suck it you bought the charger then drooled over the new challenger only to be stuck in the charger!!!
the only thing is, I do want a 4 door sedan, the only thing I will like over the Charger is the 6spd.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of trading my truck for a Charger SRT-8