3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Superchips Flashpaq Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Superchips Flashpaq Questions

Has anyone had any reliability problems or other issues when using the flashpaq? Does it leave a "foot print"?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have one for my 05. It's not a bad programmer. Never had a problem w/ it. It did throw some black smoke on WOT. As for footprints. It will reset the key cycle. That's one of the things the dealer will notice and will throw a red flag, but I was also told if you disconnect the battery long enough. That will also reset the cycle. So you can bs your way out.

The only negative about the Flashpaq. They advertised certain features and never came through.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Not sure if you already have one or are just looking for a programmer but I had the superchip and have since sold it and am now running the smarty and like it A LOT more. The original program on the sc was pretty good but since they put out the upgrade to stack the firefly it lost a lot of power. But either way you look at it the new Beta smarty is much stronger from bottom to the top and I am getting better fuel mileage with the smarty over the sc. I'm in the process of a 3200 mile round trip and will start a post to list my mileage.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:48 PM

No problems and great fuel mialage!

You will here a lot of guys probably talking smack about the SChip. But here is the truth! I bought one when it was first available and have updated it constantly to be sure that I have everything that comes available. First of all it give the truck plenty of power and I mean plenty. If you need more then what it gives you to tow, smoke a ford, or a dmax you are definitely in need of something else. My fuel mileage is insane! I get 26 mpg or more depending on how I drive. It also has a great data acquisition package and is able to monitor all the things that the computer monitors form temps to pressures and a whole lot more. I like it and am very happy.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by notblowingsmoke
You will here a lot of guys probably talking smack about the SChip. But here is the truth! I bought one when it was first available and have updated it constantly to be sure that I have everything that comes available. First of all it give the truck plenty of power and I mean plenty. If you need more then what it gives you to tow, smoke a ford, or a dmax you are definitely in need of something else. My fuel mileage is insane! I get 26 mpg or more depending on how I drive. It also has a great data acquisition package and is able to monitor all the things that the computer monitors form temps to pressures and a whole lot more. I like it and am very happy.
I thought I was getting 24 to 26 also the first week I had it, that was off the overhead and that was way off when I hand calculated.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kevin Krieger
I thought I was getting 24 to 26 also the first week I had it, that was off the overhead and that was way off when I hand calculated.
X2 on the mileage thing I'm getting an average of 14-15 mpg hand calculated.
The SC has been reliable I have had no problems but mine will be for sale soon to be replaced by a Smarty they deliver on their promises and Bob and Marco "Smarty" are on this site constantly to give excellent customer service. If I could do it all over again I would definitley buy the Smarty over the SC. Just my 02.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:10 PM

hand calculations!

Originally Posted by Kevin Krieger
The Mileage that I gave was hand calculated and I steadily get 26mpg as long as I don't drive like a donkey.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Tire size?

Originally Posted by tbarbee1
X2 on the mileage thing I'm getting an average of 14-15 mpg hand calculated.
The SC has been reliable I have had no problems but mine will be for sale soon to be replaced by a Smarty they deliver on their promises and Bob and Marco "Smarty" are on this site constantly to give excellent customer service. If I could do it all over again I would definitley buy the Smarty over the SC. Just my 02.
Also look at the tire size that you guys are running. It's no wonder you can't get over 15mpg. Think before you speak.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have one on my truck now. But I have been looking at the Diablo stack that can be had for $380. The superchips is fine for a mild power upgrade, but I don't think SC will ever let you make an extreme setting. The earlier performance setting seemed more powerful than the current tune. It would be nice to have that option avaliable. Check out that last Diesel Builder magazine. They got 470/960 (through an automatic)off of the Diablo set up and a meth/water injeciton set up.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
zak

My superchips is getting chit canned within the next week or two tired of waiting for an extreme setting from superchips or software to update the **** thing to stack it as my computer is microsoft vista and they dont have software for it yet. They told me 2 weeks 3 months ago and last week the told me another 2-4 months and they will have it. so screw superchips.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by notblowingsmoke
Also look at the tire size that you guys are running. It's no wonder you can't get over 15mpg. Think before you speak.
Not sure if you noticed or not but not everyone drives grandpa rods with doughnuts for tires and has unlimited time to putt putt around in their trucks to make sure they get unrealistic mileage far as thinking before we speak If any of us THOUGHT we would have bought Smartys in the first place. Along that note did you think before you posted your mileage as if the SC was the only performance mod you had on your truck. Your improved mileage is a product of your stack not the SC alone.

I have a SC and a boost fooler try taking every thing off but the SC and then bragg about mileage. I bet its not much different than mine.

There are a few guys running the Beta versions of the smarty with bigger than stock tires and getting way better mileage than the SC will ever produce, at much higher Horsepower.

That is the point I was trying to make before I got flamed for stating real life facts about my daily driver.you may also want to get a new calculator.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by TORQUE BEAST
Good Point, which reminds me. I did not change anything, tires,air filter,fuel filter,oil,driving style ect..........the only thing I did was replace the sc with the smarty.

Thank you Mr. Beast what mileage did you say you were getting now?? and how does it compare with the SC mileage and power.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:43 PM

....!

Not sure if you noticed or not but not everyone drives grandpa rods with doughnuts for tires and has unlimited time to putt putt around in their trucks to make sure they get unrealistic mileage far as thinking before we speak If any of us THOUGHT we would have bought Smartys in the first place.

There are a few guys running the Beta versions of the smarty with bigger than stock tires and getting way better mileage than the SC will ever produce, at much higher Horsepower.

That is the point I was trying to make before I got flamed for stating real life facts about my daily driver.you may also want to get a new calculator.
Maybe you are just jealous that my truck gets better fuel mileage than yours does. @ 75-80 mph all the way to Vegas from phoenix and back again is 544 miles and I put 21 gal. in every weekend for the last year. Let see 544/21=25.904761904761904761904762. NEED I SAY ANYTHING ELSE! So you can keep your over sized pieces of rubber and I will stay with my granny tires and keep getting the mileage that i get. Oh yea, FYI, my buddy has the smarty beta version on his truck with over sized rubber and gets no better then 17 mpg. Dude how long you been around? I know I'm not wet behind the ears.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:58 PM

Thank you Mr. Beast what mileage did you say you were getting now?? and how does it compare with the SC mileage and power.
sorry, posted on the wrong thread. It's been a long trip--drove 24hrs straight only stop for diesel. I started a thread for my mileage with smarty beta software and thought that's where I was.

As for comparing, the smarty has a lot more power than the superchip perf. and so far I've only tested #7. Getting better fuel mileage with the smarty also.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:02 PM

Ive been around long enough to see that you the only one involved in this post who claims to love a POS superchip. I've also been around long enough to have a 97 that dynoed 465 when you actually had to add parts and work on these things to gain performance instead of just plug and play, which by the way got 19 MPG with the same size tires Im running now. Ive been driving nothing but diesels for the last 15 years.

You've done nothing when you've bested a fool. I'm going to go see if I can go get my ears dried off.

So here ya go the thread is yours to post what ever fairytales you'd like.