3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Sumitomo/22.5/Optimus Snow Report!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow/Ice Update

Ok...All I can say is WOW! Optimus is truly a snow beast! In all of Columbus's wisdom, they seem to feel that plowing the roads is just an inconvenience they do not want to mess with. Given that, all of the roads and especially the side roads are simply awful. You have about 8-10" of snow and ice with huge ruts and it's nasty stuff. Most cars are all over the roads and very few can even get in or out of their parking spaces because what traffic has gone by and what little pickup truck plowing that has been done, has created 18" mini mountains of nothing but pure ice. The cars are actually parked up on these mountains, or st least one side of their vehicle is. It's rediculous! With that said, Optimus has made it EVERYWHERE in 2WD. Yes I get some spinning of the tires because of my massive Torque but I have no problem going at whatever speed I want or stopping, turning, etc. The only thing I went into 4WD for was parking on the street believe it or not!

I had to "climb" the ice mountain and then navigate the 12" on the other side. The truck just did it as if I were on dry pavement. I then just parallel parked as always. It's great because there is a 100' stretch in front of my house that only I can get in and out of so I always have a space!!!

I cannot wait till the Goodyears are on!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 PM

GOODYEAR
Old 02-17-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by theduallystop
GOODYEAR
What do you know about Goodyear!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Ok...All I can say is WOW! Optimus is truly a snow beast! In all of Columbus's wisdom, they seem to feel that plowing the roads is just an inconvenience they do not want to mess with.
Funny you should mention that as my brother and a couple of other people from around where I live went up to Columbus Thursday to lend a helping hand to the city by plowing sub-divisions around 161.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by steerjock
Funny you should mention that as my brother and a couple of other people from around where I live went up to Columbus Thursday to lend a helping hand to the city by plowing sub-divisions around 161.
That is funny. The only plowing that got done was done by pickups and not the city. Personally I wish that everyone had just left it! It's SOOO MUCH FUN to drive in!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:51 PM

What do you know about Goodyear!
I can't speak for David or Stephanie, They are heavy and sure look good! I can't wait till I get mine! Should have them middle of next week
Old 02-17-2007, 03:29 PM

That is funny. The only plowing that got done was done by pickups and not the city. Personally I wish that everyone had just left it! It's SOOO MUCH FUN to drive in!
I know what you mean about fun to drive in and for what the city is paying them($85/hour) they probably could of saved a few bucks and waited for nature to do its thing.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by steerjock
I know what you mean about fun to drive in and for what the city is paying them($85/hour) they probably could of saved a few bucks and waited for nature to do its thing.
It's like survival of the fittest except for cars!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by tx4x4er
I can't speak for David or Stephanie, They are heavy and sure look good! I can't wait till I get mine! Should have them middle of next week
THta's when I expect to have mine! I won't be able to put mine on right away though like you will. Come on Don! I need my suspension!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 PM

THta's when I expect to have mine! I won't be able to put mine on right away though like you will. Come on Don! I need my suspension!
I saw them loading up your wheels tonight! I am not really in to black on black wheels but yours are for sure different and for sure will turn heads! They have a nice shine to them makes them stand out. Not the dull black wheels that are out now.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:43 PM

I saw them loading up your wheels tonight! I am not really in to black on black wheels but yours are for sure different and for sure will turn heads! They have a nice shine to them makes them stand out. Not the dull black wheels that are out now.
Glad to know it! What were they, about 200lbs. a piece for the wheel/tire?
Old 02-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Wink

Glad to know it! What were they, about 200lbs. a piece for the wheel/tire?
Who knows! The 2 steel wheels are back breakers for sure.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:36 AM

Who knows! The 2 steel wheels are back breakers for sure.
I can imagine. I don't envy those who will be putting them on.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:24 PM

Mr.Wiggs they are gone and in route to you ! Here are a few photos for ya.. They took up almost the whole trailer! Special delivery from 4wheelcustomz and santa

6 tires 600lbs 6 wheels 350lbs and for the guy who has to install them

Old 02-19-2007, 01:36 PM

PLEASE PLEASE run an OEM Dodge chrome center cap over those....it will look amzing...try it.

Quick Reply: Sumitomo/22.5/Optimus Snow Report!