3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Stolen Truck (keep an eye out guys)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news on your truck!?!?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:24 AM

no, not yet. At this point i don't think that i want it back. It would probably be trashed and stripped of everything and then i would be stuck making payments on a vehicle that i'm not happy with. I plan on taking what the insurance company gives me and maybe one day i will be able to afford another one. Next time i will have every kind of security feature known to man.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:39 AM

Man I'm sorry to hear about your truck, I completely understand it being your pride and joy. That is how I am with mine and it looks alot like yours. Anyway, I live in Louisiana and I-10 runs right through my town if they would try to take it south or to mexico. I will def keep my eyes open.

Semper Fi
Sgt. McAnulty
Old 12-05-2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by ngkefalides
i have been looking on ebay and craigs list for any of my parts to show up on there but nothing yet. To answer dodgediesel's question, no, i didn't have an alarm on it and i am kicking myself in the *** for it. They probably would have cut the wires for it anyway but it would have been good to have it just to have piece of mind
For piece of mind, no matter how many anti-theft deterents, if a theif wants something, they'll take it one way or another.

I know it really sucks to wake up and find that something has been stolen, feels like you've been violated in the worst way. I feel for ya.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ngkefalides
no, not yet. At this point i don't think that i want it back. It would probably be trashed and stripped of everything and then i would be stuck making payments on a vehicle that i'm not happy with. I plan on taking what the insurance company gives me and maybe one day i will be able to afford another one. Next time i will have every kind of security feature known to man.
I would not want it back either, you don't know what they've put that truck through. It's like it won't be the same in your mind no matter if it can be fixed/replaced.....
Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself mpracehemi. I wouldn't want it back just knowing that some scumbag was probably driving it at some point. You are right; i feel completely violated. And to make a long story short, somebody now is trying to break into my house! The keypad for my garage door was tampered with (the cover ripped off) so i called ADT and scheduled an appt. that was suppose to be tonight and they didn't even show up. Go figure! I just can't win. Not on here to complain about my problems but rest assure that if i catch somebody breaking into my house, i won't hesitate even for a second to take someone's life. That is truly how i feel about thieves. I am sure there is quite a few of you out there that feel the same
Old 12-05-2008, 07:04 PM

hey if you want me to ill come on up there and stand watch for you on the house and hope someone tries to come in and meet my guns front sight post.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:43 AM

Be careful on who you say these things to, could be considered pre-meditated. These days, a scumbag (and the family) can sue YOU for injury. I do feel the same way about intruders-not welcome.

We live in a sad world when thieves have rights. It's like you don't have the right to defend yourself. You only have the right to call the cops.

On a home alarm co., I'd just buy a sign/window stickers that you have it. I think all they do is tap into your phone line to wire the entire home, that's how they monitor. A thieve would only have to cut the wire and they have full access. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
Be careful on who you say these things to, could be considered pre-meditated. These days, a scumbag (and the family) can sue YOU for injury. I do feel the same way about intruders-not welcome.

We live in a sad world when thieves have rights. It's like you don't have the right to defend yourself. You only have the right to call the cops.

On a home alarm co., I'd just buy a sign/window stickers that you have it. I think all they do is tap into your phone line to wire the entire home, that's how they monitor. A thieve would only have to cut the wire and they have full access. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Depends on the alarm system. Some have celluar backup and if the system can't make a call most will set the siren off shortly after the line is cut. Most thieves are too stupid or lazy to cut the line. Nothing like waking up to find someone in your house when an alarm could have given you advanced notice. Plus most alarms incude some sort of fire protection. Insurance companies will reduce your rate if you have one.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:47 AM

See, I stated correct me. I had an alarm system about 8 yrs. ago. I didn't know about the cell back up or the program once the line is cut, a signal is sent. Tech.....insurance is about 10-15 % discount per year.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:54 AM

Oh, I have a watch dog that has full access, plus my wife is a very light sleeper. Soon I need to get a couple of puppies so the elder can train them. My dog(s) are my kids and my watch/alarm system with teeth. A scumbag would have to be blind not to see the signs posted, so legally covered.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:09 PM

Hey John P.

Check your PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 AM

As ridiculous as it may sound, the dirtbags that took your truck may be the same people that are trying to break in your house to see what other items you may have for the taking. Is there any way they can dust for fingerprints?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:03 PM

Well, a simple CCTV security system would work to see who is doing it. Sams Club and costco both have multi camera systems with DVR. You might give that a shot. I know I have been thinking about it.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=5699
Old 12-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mpracehemi
Oh, I have a watch dog that has full access, plus my wife is a very light sleeper. Soon I need to get a couple of puppies so the elder can train them. My dog(s) are my kids and my watch/alarm system with teeth. A scumbag would have to be blind not to see the signs posted, so legally covered.
I'd take down any beware of dog signs. It proves in court that you know and admit your dogs are dangerous. If someone gets injured by your dog you have just made it that much easier for their lawyer to prove they are aggressive.

Because the insurance company asked you to write down the mods doesn't necessary mean it's covered. If they asked and said there would be additional premium to cover the items listed then the items are not covered until listed and premium received or acknowledged. If the company wrote to you and asked for you just to list them for record, then the items will be covered the post marked date you sent in. All the details are in your policy booklet. Remember, for your comprehensive insurance coverage, it is covered unless it is specifically excluded.

Quick Reply: Stolen Truck (keep an eye out guys)